Mathijs Kok

Aerosoft A330 preview

4188 posts in this topic

On 2/20/2017 at 1:40 PM, Mathijs Kok said:

While we are not against the idea to make these files available (as said when we are unable to host them they will be made freeware) we do not think multiple servers (not sharing data) will be a good idea. Let me explain. I am writing this reply on a widescreen monitor. Now it is 19:01 local and after 18:00 I normally have some TV running on my screen to catch up on the silly things Trump is doing. Heck just show you my desktop:

desktop.jpg

Okay not CNN but According to Jim, one of my favorite comedies as long as I do not have to actually watch it (like with TBB). The WX picture is a sample of how silly it can look when you are using raw weather data and not how FS interpretes it.

But what I hope to do in a few months is to start P3D (v4?) and select a A330 flight in the CFD menu. It will instantly put me on the jumpseat of a ongoing flight (keep in mind there can be 50 observers in any flight). If there is no First Officer and I have some time I might ask the captain if he'll accept me. Knowing myself I probably just want to lurk and follow the flight from a observer point of view. But it will NOT be a video stream. I will be in the sim, can select viewpoints, see what I want to see, talk to the crew, if they miss something I will be able to assist. When the flight has landed I will simply open the CFD menu and select another flight I want to follow. At a some point I will be confident enough to offer a captain my services as a first officer. But if we have private servers part of that is gone, you will have less flights to choose from. 

And that is exactly what we are hoping to achieve with CFD in the Airbus and CRJ.  Simmers helping simmers. Thats is why we hope that EVERYBODY flying our busses or CRJ will activate CFD even if they do not need a  FO. It's about making other people flights more fun.

And I'll drop According to Jim for that in a heartbeat. 

Well, judging from that pic, Mathijs certainly has good taste with video games. +1 on BF1 :) 

23 hours ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Does anyone have a link to the news of a new airbus 320/321. never heard of this before.

Is this gonna by a new product i have to buy cause I just recently bought the airbus a3xx's last month.....

On ‎20‎/‎02‎/‎2017 at 11:36 AM, Emanuel Hagen said:

One person does not really make any noticable difference however, therefore we will not implement the effect this might have on the CG. You wouldn't notice it, really.

This is a bit worrying because if the a/c is faithful and realistic aerodynamically then the affects of CG will be part of the aerodynamic performance equations and if that is the case then it should not involve any additional work to include the effects of any number of people or cargo where they are in the aircraft.

3 minutes ago, Budlake said:

This is a bit worrying because if the a/c is faithful and realistic aerodynamically then the affects of CG will be part of the aerodynamic performance equations and if that is the case then it should not involve any additional work to include the effects of any number of people or cargo where they are in the aircraft.

Do you want to write the code that faithfully does that everytime someone logs in and out?

What if we can set aircraft ZFW and max pax number (within reasonable range, of course) as airlines seat config are different

for example, set it in fuel planner?

I hope it helps to enhance user experience for simulating real world ops^_^

3 hours ago, amm693 said:

What if we can set aircraft ZFW and max pax number (within reasonable range, of course) as airlines seat config are different

for example, set it in fuel planner?

I hope it helps to enhance user experience for simulating real world ops^_^

You can already change them in our present A320 series in the aircraft.xml file in the Fuel Planners folder.

6 hours ago, Budlake said:

Of course effects of the CG on flight envelope, stability (well, you won't notice this since the FBW takes care of it) and fuel usage are simulated.

What is not simulated is the effect of an 80kg increase in the weight on the jumpseat on the Center of Gravityif somebody logs in or out in the connected flight deck.

However, since A330s are usually flown with 3 (or even 4) pilots we will add these 80kg on the jump as a constant (yes, including the effect on the CG) to simulate the third pilot sitting there.

8 hours ago, jhammer said:

Well, judging from that pic, Mathijs certainly has good taste with video games. +1 on BF1 :) 

I knew the A330 was flyable in BF1!

1 hour ago, Emanuel Hagen said:

However, since A330s are usually flown with 3 (or even 4) pilots we will add these 80kg on the jump as a constant (yes, including the effect on the CG) to simulate the third pilot sitting there.

They must all work out in the Aerosoft gym,  I am 117kg   With a MTOW of 242 tonnes, this rather flabby pilot won't make much difference though.   I was reading that the Messier/Dowty legs and bogies permit this higher MTOW, if I read it right. Is it these legs that are modelled?

On 2/19/2017 at 10:35 PM, CRJ900 said:

Hats off to Aerosoft. Other developers should take an example from you. 

They do.

On 2/20/2017 at 8:51 PM, Mathijs Kok said:

Well, a beer will do fine. We do appreciate the sentiment however!

I am going to take that as a 'Yes, PMDG approached us'^_^

Hi, i have not posted in the forums that much. I have a question (sorry if it has already being answered) Is there any news on the release date that i may have missed? I cannot wait to buy this Beast!

3 hours ago, TylerHam777 said:

Hi, i have not posted in the forums that much. I have a question (sorry if it has already being answered) Is there any news on the release date that i may have missed? I cannot wait to buy this Beast!

No, no official release date yet. It was scheduled for 2016, and there have been updates on this thread stating the development is "on schedule" so should be pretty soon (and when I say pretty soon I mean within 2017)

Will the 2017 version of the Airbus A318/19/20 and A321 be released at the same time or a little bit after the A330? :lol:

8 minutes ago, TwixXiZ said:

Will the 2017 version of the Airbus A318/19/20 and A321 be released at the same time or a little bit after the A330? :lol:

The order of release is A330 first and afterwards the A31x and A32x will be updated and released. That means there is a reasonable amount of time between the A330 release and the others.

I assume there isnt any chance you let fans try the alpha right? :) and the beta for that matter...

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

42 minutes ago, The Dude said:
As Mathijs already stated the AS A330 is in early alpha. I just did my first testflight from EDDM with it and I really like it sofar. The VC has a lot of 2048 textures now and all the text on the panels is so much sharper than with the AS A320Fam. The displays are also hires but Mathijs just told me that they will get an even higher resolution soon.

Here are 3 quick shots from the cockpit flying the BIBAG1S SID:

[...]

Do note this is early alpha. 

Looks good!

Is it decided about the liveries that will come with the plane?

43 minutes ago, The Dude said:

As Mathijs already stated the AS A330 is in early alpha. I just did my first testflight from EDDM with it and I really like it sofar. The VC has a lot of 2048 textures now and all the text on the panels is so much sharper than with the AS A320Fam. The displays are also hires but Mathijs just told me that they will get an even higher resolution soon.

Here are 3 quick shots from the cockpit flying the BIBAG1S SID:

[...]

Do note this is early alpha. 

Hi Dude!  It looks great, you must all be really pleased, it seems to be going really well.

No, that's not how we operate, sorry.

There will be a larger beta test later on where we will invite 50 people (do NOT start to ask now please).

1 hour ago, elad press said:

Is it decided about the liveries that will come with the plane?

No, we do check the forum topic about that though.

56 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

No, we do check the forum topic about that though.

And to prevent a livery request storm in here (the preview topic), there is already a topic which takes such requests:

I have looked at The Dudes images above and  you can see the difference with 2048pixel, I also use Emanuel's A320 textures.  My ( with the danger of wandering off topic a bit ) question is - I wear reading glasses, and I don't see the benefit of your efforts as I sit back and I am over a metre from my monitor. If  I draw in close ( about 60 - 70cm) as I did with the above images I see them as sharply as intended, but at my normal seating distance  they blur slightly. I have noted that Tom and Mathijs  and probably others are wearing glasses - and you will be inspecting these textures all day. Do you get the same problem I do, as I assume my glasses are actually designed for reading books closer to my face.  I just want to enjoy your efforts in full effect.

7 hours ago, Dudley said:

I have looked at The Dudes images above and  you can see the difference with 2048pixel, I also use Emanuel's A320 textures.  My ( with the danger of wandering off topic a bit ) question is - I wear reading glasses, and I don't see the benefit of your efforts as I sit back and I am over a metre from my monitor. If  I draw in close ( about 60 - 70cm) as I did with the above images I see them as sharply as intended, but at my normal seating distance  they blur slightly. I have noted that Tom and Mathijs  and probably others are wearing glasses - and you will be inspecting these textures all day. Do you get the same problem I do, as I assume my glasses are actually designed for reading books closer to my face.  I just want to enjoy your efforts in full effect.

Along the same lines, I would make one last plee for AS to consider pop up 2D panels for the PFD and ND at least, before the A330 is finaly put to bed. I have asked before,but to no avail. For those of us that "fly" on gaming laptops with 17 inch HD screens and wear spectacles  it would be an enourmous boost. If it can be done with the MCDU it must be technicaly possible. The AS A320 is my favourite aircraft, but I have to fly other developers planes to give my eyes a rest. Before making a final decision,could it not be put to the vote, ala the EFB discussion. Regards to all.