Mathijs Kok

Aerosoft A330 preview

5098 posts in this topic

On ‎20‎/‎02‎/‎2017 at 11:36 AM, Emanuel Hagen said:

 

One person does not really make any noticable difference however, therefore we will not implement the effect this might have on the CG. You wouldn't notice it, really.

 

 

This is a bit worrying because if the a/c is faithful and realistic aerodynamically then the affects of CG will be part of the aerodynamic performance equations and if that is the case then it should not involve any additional work to include the effects of any number of people or cargo where they are in the aircraft.

-4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Budlake said:

 

This is a bit worrying because if the a/c is faithful and realistic aerodynamically then the affects of CG will be part of the aerodynamic performance equations and if that is the case then it should not involve any additional work to include the effects of any number of people or cargo where they are in the aircraft.

 

Do you want to write the code that faithfully does that everytime someone logs in and out?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What if we can set aircraft ZFW and max pax number (within reasonable range, of course) as airlines seat config are different

for example, set it in fuel planner?

I hope it helps to enhance user experience for simulating real world ops^_^

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, amm693 said:

What if we can set aircraft ZFW and max pax number (within reasonable range, of course) as airlines seat config are different

for example, set it in fuel planner?

I hope it helps to enhance user experience for simulating real world ops^_^

 

You can already change them in our present A320 series in the aircraft.xml file in the Fuel Planners folder.

 

6 hours ago, Budlake said:

 

This is a bit worrying because if the a/c is faithful and realistic aerodynamically then the affects of CG will be part of the aerodynamic performance equations and if that is the case then it should not involve any additional work to include the effects of any number of people or cargo where they are in the aircraft.

 

Of course effects of the CG on flight envelope, stability (well, you won't notice this since the FBW takes care of it) and fuel usage are simulated.

What is not simulated is the effect of an 80kg increase in the weight on the jumpseat on the Center of Gravityif somebody logs in or out in the connected flight deck.

 

However, since A330s are usually flown with 3 (or even 4) pilots we will add these 80kg on the jump as a constant (yes, including the effect on the CG) to simulate the third pilot sitting there.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, jhammer said:


Well, judging from that pic, Mathijs certainly has good taste with video games. +1 on BF1 :) 

I knew the A330 was flyable in BF1!

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Emanuel Hagen said:

 

 

However, since A330s are usually flown with 3 (or even 4) pilots we will add these 80kg on the jump as a constant (yes, including the effect on the CG) to simulate the third pilot sitting there.

They must all work out in the Aerosoft gym,  I am 117kg   With a MTOW of 242 tonnes, this rather flabby pilot won't make much difference though.   I was reading that the Messier/Dowty legs and bogies permit this higher MTOW, if I read it right. Is it these legs that are modelled?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/19/2017 at 10:35 PM, CRJ900 said:

Hats off to Aerosoft. Other developers should take an example from you. 

They do.

 

On 2/20/2017 at 8:51 PM, Mathijs Kok said:

Well, a beer will do fine. We do appreciate the sentiment however!

I am going to take that as a 'Yes, PMDG approached us'^_^

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi, i have not posted in the forums that much. I have a question (sorry if it has already being answered) Is there any news on the release date that i may have missed? I cannot wait to buy this Beast!

-5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, TylerHam777 said:

Hi, i have not posted in the forums that much. I have a question (sorry if it has already being answered) Is there any news on the release date that i may have missed? I cannot wait to buy this Beast!

No, no official release date yet. It was scheduled for 2016, and there have been updates on this thread stating the development is "on schedule" so should be pretty soon (and when I say pretty soon I mean within 2017)

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Will the 2017 version of the Airbus A318/19/20 and A321 be released at the same time or a little bit after the A330? :lol:

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, TwixXiZ said:

Will the 2017 version of the Airbus A318/19/20 and A321 be released at the same time or a little bit after the A330? :lol:

 

The order of release is A330 first and afterwards the A31x and A32x will be updated and released. That means there is a reasonable amount of time between the A330 release and the others.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I assume there isnt any chance you let fans try the alpha right? :) and the beta for that matter...

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, The Dude said:
As Mathijs already stated the AS A330 is in early alpha. I just did my first testflight from EDDM with it and I really like it sofar. The VC has a lot of 2048 textures now and all the text on the panels is so much sharper than with the AS A320Fam. The displays are also hires but Mathijs just told me that they will get an even higher resolution soon.

 

Here are 3 quick shots from the cockpit flying the BIBAG1S SID:

[...]

Do note this is early alpha. 

 

Looks good!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is it decided about the liveries that will come with the plane?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

-3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, The Dude said:

As Mathijs already stated the AS A330 is in early alpha. I just did my first testflight from EDDM with it and I really like it sofar. The VC has a lot of 2048 textures now and all the text on the panels is so much sharper than with the AS A320Fam. The displays are also hires but Mathijs just told me that they will get an even higher resolution soon.

 

Here are 3 quick shots from the cockpit flying the BIBAG1S SID:

[...]

Do note this is early alpha. 

 

Hi Dude!  It looks great, you must all be really pleased, it seems to be going really well.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No, that's not how we operate, sorry.

There will be a larger beta test later on where we will invite 50 people (do NOT start to ask now please).

 

 

 

 

1 hour ago, elad press said:

Is it decided about the liveries that will come with the plane?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

 

No, we do check the forum topic about that though.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

No, we do check the forum topic about that though.

 

And to prevent a livery request storm in here (the preview topic), there is already a topic which takes such requests:

 

 

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have looked at The Dudes images above and  you can see the difference with 2048pixel, I also use Emanuel's A320 textures.  My ( with the danger of wandering off topic a bit ) question is - I wear reading glasses, and I don't see the benefit of your efforts as I sit back and I am over a metre from my monitor. If  I draw in close ( about 60 - 70cm) as I did with the above images I see them as sharply as intended, but at my normal seating distance  they blur slightly. I have noted that Tom and Mathijs  and probably others are wearing glasses - and you will be inspecting these textures all day. Do you get the same problem I do, as I assume my glasses are actually designed for reading books closer to my face.  I just want to enjoy your efforts in full effect.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Dudley said:

I have looked at The Dudes images above and  you can see the difference with 2048pixel, I also use Emanuel's A320 textures.  My ( with the danger of wandering off topic a bit ) question is - I wear reading glasses, and I don't see the benefit of your efforts as I sit back and I am over a metre from my monitor. If  I draw in close ( about 60 - 70cm) as I did with the above images I see them as sharply as intended, but at my normal seating distance  they blur slightly. I have noted that Tom and Mathijs  and probably others are wearing glasses - and you will be inspecting these textures all day. Do you get the same problem I do, as I assume my glasses are actually designed for reading books closer to my face.  I just want to enjoy your efforts in full effect.

Along the same lines, I would make one last plee for AS to consider pop up 2D panels for the PFD and ND at least, before the A330 is finaly put to bed. I have asked before,but to no avail. For those of us that "fly" on gaming laptops with 17 inch HD screens and wear spectacles  it would be an enourmous boost. If it can be done with the MCDU it must be technicaly possible. The AS A320 is my favourite aircraft, but I have to fly other developers planes to give my eyes a rest. Before making a final decision,could it not be put to the vote, ala the EFB discussion. Regards to all.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ColH said:

Along the same lines, I would make one last plee for AS to consider pop up 2D panels for the PFD and ND at least, before the A330 is finaly put to bed.

I have to agree with this. I do not feel that 2D panels for the overhead panel or the MCP are necessary but after flying the PMDG aircrafts I do enjoy the FMC's having a 2D option. It is nice when programming the FMC for the flight to have a 2D panel in order to not have to move the camera so close to the FMC. 

 

For the PFD and ND it is nice, but to me personally it is less of an issue. I would live to see a 2D MCDU that is not in a pop out screen like the current A32x. 

 

Just a suggestion though. I would not want to add a non-necessary item to the todo list just to delay the release and add more to the long list of bugs that are being worked on at the moment. 

 

Anyways with the photos posted earlier everything is looking great! Keep up the work and I'm beginning to save my money now!

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now