Mathijs Kok

Aerosoft A330 preview

4188 posts in this topic

This is great.

I hope that this will come to X-plane sometime in the near (?) future alongside more Aerosoft greatness.

5 hours ago, Lennart1948 said:

I guess I'm getting poor this year... :(

Airbus 20/21/30 2017

P3D V4

CRJ and Chaseplane for me, including some airports! 
I'm gonna be poorer than you, but this year promises to be the best for Flight Simulator in quite some time. :D I'm all giddy! 

46 minutes ago, DrStrangepool said:

CRJ and Chaseplane for me, including some airports! 
I'm gonna be poorer than you, but this year promises to be the best for Flight Simulator in quite some time. :D I'm all giddy! 

Does anyone have a link to the news of a new airbus 320/321. never heard of this before.

Is this gonna by a new product i have to buy cause I just recently bought the airbus a3xx's last month.....

11 hours ago, Tom A320 said:

The SP4 was renamed/canceled in the meantime. There will be a complete new product version:

• Aerosoft Airbus A318/A319 (2017)
  • Aerosoft Airbus A320/A321 (2017)
  • Aerosoft Airbus A330 (2017)

All these products will contain the new CFD. 

So, if it is going to be released as a new product, that means a re-purchase, even for current users? Or will it be available with a deal for upgrade?

3 hours ago, Whatsaplane said:

So, if it is going to be released as a new product, that means a re-purchase, even for current users? Or will it be available with a deal for upgrade?

I'm faily certain, that they will be a discount/upgrade offer for current Airbus owners.

Actually a simple search, could have provided an answer.

Cheers!

Mathijs,

if you made a mistake you should take responsibility instead of censoring the forums, which is far worse and not acceptable for me as a costumer!

The article on fselite.net will stay online anyway.

By the way you should really do better photoshop work...

Kindest regards,

Daniel

Woow such a beautiful work can't wait to be done and finally proceed my very 1st flight :D  Can we also expect mentioned EFB on the A330 A/C ??

16 minutes ago, luky321 said:

Woow such a beautiful work can't wait to be done and finally proceed my very 1st flight :D  Can we also expect mentioned EFB on the A330 A/C ??

My first real flight on an A330-300RR (Philippine Airlines) was from OEDF (Dammam) to RPLL (Manila) in October 2014.

there I met my wife for the first time :wub:

I'm really very anxious to remake that flight on the simulator and reminisce. and I'm sure I will enjoy with a product that goooood.

thanx Aerosoft team for the amazing work

god bless you all. 

1 hour ago, luky321 said:

We have just asked people on these forums how interest was in that. Clearly it was not very high, but it is something we are still keeping an open mind on. The main problem is that charts simply do not work on a screen this small.

What improvements are we going to see in the FO and Checklist system?  There hasn't been much said about this yet.

Vor 1 Stunde, Mathijs Kok sagte:

We have just asked people on these forums how interest was in that. Clearly it was not very high, but it is something we are still keeping an open mind on. The main problem is that charts simply do not work on a screen this small.

Jup, what would be if you go for a popup window for charts? If you open the chart category and click on the corresponding chart, a 2D window will pop up...

15 minutes ago, Lotus3xiG3 said:

Jup, what would be if you go for a popup window for charts? If you open the chart category and click on the corresponding chart, a 2D window will pop up...

That did not seem a popular option. Most people said they prefered it on a tablet.

1 hour ago, Dudley said:

What improvements are we going to see in the FO and Checklist system?  There hasn't been much said about this yet.

We have asked about that people wanted to see new in it and not a lot was mentioned. We do have a few ideas though.

2 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

That did not seem a popular option. Most people said they prefered it on a tablet.

What If we could zoom in and out on the virtual tablet and drag the charts around? Also what If we could add our own PDFs and then open them on the EFB? Just some thoughts...

1 hour ago, Mathijs Kok said:

on a screen this small.

How big is the screen supposed/planned to be? There is always the big option like the TFDI 717 or smaller but less obstructive options.

55 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Most people said they prefered it on a tablet.

I don't want to venture too far off topic, but how about have an app for android and ios that you can link up to your aircraft and can use as an EFB for charts, for performance and other things etc..?

23 minutes ago, layth23 said:

I don't want to venture too far off topic, but how about have an app for android and ios that you can link up to your aircraft and can use as an EFB for charts, for performance and other things etc..?

NavDataPro Charts ;) 

http://www.aerosoft.com/en/fsxp3d/flight-simulator-x-steam/tools-missions/1483/navdatapro-charts-one-year-access

Windows App available, Mac OSX App available, Linus App available, Web app available, iOS App available, Android App in the making.

Im still preoccupying myself with something I enjoy (watching movies, playing games on my PC, flying FSX, etc) while I patiently wait for the A330 and it is working so well so far, those who are impatient do this and time will fly like a RR Trent!

Also looking forward to the CRJ AS! Considering it will probably be my first aircraft type to fly once I become a F/O in real life

Would like to thank the Aerosoft team for their outstanding support to their customers, you guys have done a great job in keeping us in loop and am looking for the near bright future of the release!

30 minutes ago, layth23 said:

I did not mean a chart app , I know this exists. But a stand-alone app that works as an EFB for all the aerosoft aircraft.

This discussion has already been covered here

EFB discussion thread

2 minutes ago, KingMusjo said:

This discussion has already been covered here

And with that the EFB discussion stops here. I think Mathijs was clear about the EFB a few posts back. Thanks for posting the link KingMusjo. 

vor 3 Stunden , Mathijs Kok sagte:

We have asked about that people wanted to see new in it and not a lot was mentioned. We do have a few ideas though.

Maybe a "aborting takeoff" checklist? When you're pulling back to idle at the start, the aircraft brakes and stops, but there's no checklist for rolling out and taxiing back to the runway... Also: If you've reached the 100 kts and the PNF says that and you're aborting the takeoff now, at the new takeoff run it isn't saying it anymore...

vor 3 Stunden , Lotus3xiG3 sagte:

Maybe a "aborting takeoff" checklist? When you're pulling back to idle at the start, the aircraft brakes and stops, but there's no checklist for rolling out and taxiing back to the runway... Also: If you've reached the 100 kts and the PNF says that and you're aborting the takeoff now, at the new takeoff run it isn't saying it anymore...

A RTO is still abnormal ops. It might happen more often that most of the ther stuff that can go wrong but I don't see AS simulating this to a greater extent. Maybe a feature to reset the automated checklist would be possible?

Not sure if this has been suggested before or not, but if we get a fuel/load planner with the A330 (and using the A318-21's as a reference): Is there any chance we could have ICAO entry for alternate (rather than specifying a distance), and an ability to save & recall loads?

Another cute thing, but requiring a bit more code, would be modular checklist(s)...

A list of 'possible checklist items' on the left, 'selected checklist items' on the right, whereby a pilot can move an item from possible to seleted, and perhaps once it's in the 'active' list, present a drop-down/radio-button/whatever to allow response selection: "checked, set, set on, set off, value x" (I realise that the value x one would be the most code-heavy to implement, but perhaps not enormous if it's handled logically - one wouldn't want to make a checklist item for pitch trim dependant upon setting flight deck air-con to 21 degrees, for example - I guess all [most of] the hooks are there for existing 'static' lists, anyway). I dunno; just an idea that popped into my head that I thought might be useful too - I guess if it were push-direction aware, it could be handy for the single-engine taxi folks; but that notwithstanding, it could be useful (moving xpnder stdby to parking checklist for example; setting electric hydraulic pump on/off at 'company' specified stages, etc.). Again, this is somewhat off the top of my head stuff, but it seemed like a potentially useful idea, and probably in keeping with the Aerosoft 'immersion' ethos?

I'll go back to my terminal and be quiet(!)...

Regards,

Rob.

EDIT: Speaking of push-direction... I imagine I'm one of not very many who don't use GSX, but if the A330 is to get the MCDU pushback gadget, I'd be grateful if its distance controls could be looked at - the A318-21 push seems heavily affected by the aircraft type (a 9 metre push is OK in a little bus, but in a '321, 9 metres/90 degress gets you half way down the STAR with the tug attached! :wacko: - I find myself using 9m/45deg in basically all cases to avoid going [unexpectedly] too far)

Hi devs!

just want to ask if we see traffic on our ND, is it going to be like this? Or is it going to be just the same with the a320 wherein it is diamond?

IMG_1031.PNG