Mathijs Kok

Aerosoft A330 preview

5432 posts in this topic

14 hours ago, GregC said:

Is there gonna be a custom soundpack for this or is it going to be TSS like the 320?

TSS will create a custom sound pack for us.

Will the FO allow single engine taxi? I don't bother but I know some airlines do it.

Yes, we are including the FSUIPC taxi fix (so FSUIPC is not needed) and that makes that very well possible.

4 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Yes, we are including the FSUIPC taxi fix (so FSUIPC is not needed) and that makes that very well possible.

Mathijs, where can i find this fix? i have fsuipc but i never heard about the taxi fix :)

31 minutes ago, sk5645 said:

Mathijs, where can i find this fix? i have fsuipc but i never heard about the taxi fix :)

Because it is currently not implemented in the software and it is just a line in the files.

Hi devs,

i just want to ask about the C.G and trim for this aircraft. If we place the total weight for the aircraft eg; zfw, togw, etc. will the C.G be given automatically just like in the pmdg 777?

cheers

hi good day mathijs. will the a330 have C.P.D.L.C and will it have non normal checklist like engine failure in ECAM.?

2 hours ago, mahe said:

hi good day mathijs. will the a330 have C.P.D.L.C and will it have non normal checklist like engine failure in ECAM.?

It will have no CPDLC because that function is dependant on Vatsim and Ivao. As long as they do not offer it directly it will not be implemented from our end. 

The A330 will be like the A320Fam, normal SOP flying only. Meaning no engine failures and such are modeled. The only ECAM actions we model are Brakes Hot and Packs Off.

Great mentality. ;) On a different note - will there be several voice options for the automated FO, like in the current A320 series? Would be cool to choose between say a British or an US voice and maybe even english with a German accent. :D Just an idea, wouldn't really mind if there was only one set if it's done well.

A Latin American accent would be great. Of course, later on, like in V1.10...

^_^

Yeah, that one's a classic. I rather meant the option we currently have in the A320 fam. with the german crew. A couple german phrases and typical accent. Adds a nice touch when flying local airlines.

Will the user be able to:

- use the WAYPOINT/STORED WAYPOINT/NEW WAYPOINT pages

- Use AOC uplinks to initialise flight plans created using pfpx

- If the user can't use AOC uplinks to upload pfpx flight plans, will the STORED ROUTE FUNCTION be operational

- make AOC wind requests and use Active Sky winds as the source of wind data

- the TIME MARKER function

- use the REQUIRED TIME OF ARRIVAL (RTA) function

- utilize the EQUI-TIME POINT page for EDTO

- make lateral and vertical revisions to the fullest extent that the real aircraft can, for example, GEOGRAPHIC STEP functionality

53 minutes ago, Copper. said:

Will the user be able to:

AOC wise we are still in the conception phase so no definitive answer here. 

Sub functions like stored waypoints are not fully modeled at the moment. 

RTA, TIME, ETP and Step are modeled. 

If anything will not be modeled to the fullest extent we will just say that we modeled a Thales version from 2005 that nobody has any info on and make promises about an elusive SP1. Sounds familiar? ;)

Hi Frank

Thank you for the prompt reply. I don't get your joke, but I guess it's a joke made at a competitors expense? :)

I don't use airbus simulators very much because they are notoriously crap. Your A330 is looking promising - I hope it does Airbus some justice as the PMDG products do for the Boeing's. By the sounds of things, your FMGS is up to scratch. It's a pity the product doesn't have a failure menu.

What engine types will be provided and will the performance data be accurate for each? Will Aerosoft be modelling the -200 only or -300 only?

22 minutes ago, Copper. said:

Thank you for the prompt reply. I don't get your joke, but I guess it's a joke made at a competitors expense? :)

Me? Make a joke about another product. Noooo. :)

What engine types will be provided and will the performance data be accurate for each? Will Aerosoft be modelling the -200 only or -300 only?

Before a shitstorm breaks out here. An -300 with RR is modeled and nothing else at the moment. For more info just read the 634 other posts about it here in the forum. Just use the search function

Will do. Considering the previous 50 comments, I didn't see any real detraction by re-asking what has already been answered. Apologies for that, but thanks all the same. I've got all I need for now.

13 hours ago, CRJ900 said:

Great mentality. ;) On a different note - will there be several voice options for the automated FO, like in the current A320 series? Would be cool to choose between say a British or an US voice and maybe even english with a German accent. :D Just an idea, wouldn't really mind if there was only one set if it's done well.

I Totally agree with you, that would be nice to have English voice with different accents (Asian-Arab-Latin-African)

Just as with current busses we have a full SDK for the voice files so people van make their own, for the A318/A319/A320/A321 we had a good dozen after a few weeks.

The weather page (don't know the exact name) to get a metar (can you implement it with Active Sky ?). Then to show on the mcdu or to print it like the init perf on the A320.

Thanks !

2 hours ago, BenjiFR said:

The weather page (don't know the exact name) to get a metar (can you implement it with Active Sky ?). Then to show on the mcdu or to print it like the init perf on the A320.

Thanks !

We are working on that. And as always we will try not to depend on a weather add-on but will rely on the weather add-on actually inserting the weather in the sim (so the weather you will actually see and feel, not what is supposed to be there) and use that as source.  Unfortunately I have now seen rather often that the weather tools show weather on their own systems that simply is not visible or affecting flight in the sim.

I'm not buying unless there is a Geordie accent option for the FO's voice.

Cheers!/Andreas

46 minutes ago, Andreas A said:

I'm not buying unless there is a Geordie accent option for the FO's voice.

Cheers!/Andreas

Flaps 10 pet!