Mathijs Kok

Aerosoft A330 preview

5423 posts in this topic

7 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

After long discussions we decided on a complete feature list for the FMGS
Do compare this with competition....

Aerosoft FMGS features:

• Navigraph/NavDataPro support;
  • Flight Plan construction using procedures like SIDs, STARs, transitions, approaches;
  • Company routes, primary and alternate;
  • Complete Vertical Profile, including constraint management, managed climb and descent etc;
  • Complete Lateral Navigation modes;
  • All flight phases: Preflight, Takeoff, Climb, Cruise, Descend, Approach, Go-Around and Done;
  • Primary, TMPY, SEC, ALTN and SEC ALTN flight plans;
  • AIRWAYS management;
  • HOLD patterns;
  • DIR TO, DIR TO Radial In/Out and Abeam;
  •  Direct waypoints PD, PBD, PBPB, LatLon;Pseudo points: T/C, T/D, SpeedLim, DECEL, S/C, S/D, Level Off, ETP and more;
  • Navaids automatic and manual tuning;
  •  Accurate predictions and performance calculations: fuel/time/ALT, managed/selected/presel speed/mach;FIX INFO;
  • OFFSET path;
  • Equitime point calculation, and a time marker;
  • WINDS aloft;
  • STEP ALTS;
  • Constant Mach cruise segments;
  • Required Time of Arrival, Estimated Time of Takeoff;
  • DUAL MCDU, working independently from each other;
  • MCDU web interface;

If you feel anything major is missing or have any other comments, let us know! This is the time to have influence. In a few weeks it will be too late.

Hi Thank you for the list.

In the MCDU please consider to include:

1. Auto cruise with auto step climb feature

2. Intelligent sim time rate acceleration

3. Ability to enter payload, zfw and fuel quantity amount from mcdu.

3. Weight change kgs to lbs and temperature Celsius to Fahrenheit within mcdu. I think this was already answered.

4. Option to auto fuel balance.

and also can you include a performance template that can be used with pfpx.

Thank you

Mathijs, is a SELCAL decoder a possible option ? Vatsim/squawkbox seems to have the option to transmit SELCAL codes, a decoder that reacts on the dual frequency-tones with the typical horn sound should be very realistic

vor 29 Minuten, pluto7777 sagte:

Mathijs, is a SELCAL decoder a possible option ? Vatsim/squawkbox seems to have the option to transmit SELCAL codes, a decoder that reacts on the dual frequency-tones with the typical horn sound should be very realistic

To be honest with you, VATSIM already sounds like HF communication at times...

But to your point, this would have to be backed up by VATSIM/IVAO clients to work properly. Also, a SELCAL without an actual controller is pointless...

How about an integration with vPilot or Squawkbox? So we can see the frequencies in range without exiting the sim or something like that. I'm thinking very hard of ideas, lol.  :P 

Cheers!

EDIT: Oh my, I wanted to post this on the EFB topic, but now I realise I did not, so... I don't know how to delete this post, but you get the idea !

:lol:

5 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

This is the order of aircraft releases for this year:

1. Aerosoft / DA CRJ
  2. Aerosoft A330 2017 (new)
  3. Aerosoft A320/A321 2017 (update + update price)
  4. Aerosoft A318/A319 2017 (update + update price)

How much will be A320family update if I can ask?

13 minutes ago, Irizar said:

How much will be A320family update if I can ask?

This is not yet decided and will first be considered after the release of the A330. You are just a tad early with that question. :)

On 15/01/2017 at 9:52 PM, DaveCT2003 said:

I agree with this!

Our hobby is so tremendously diverse, with many doors to open!  Some of those doors will not only lead to a better/enhanced experience flying the A330, but a better (even exiting) overall experience in flight sim!

Just a few examples:

1. If you don't fly on VATSIM or IVAO,  you can take this time to learn how (and if we get 6 or more people, I'll be happy to hold classes on flying online in a realism based environment, flight planning, communications - the works!).  There simply is not better, more realistic way of flying than online!  If you're not convinced, then at least give me a chance to convince you!

2. Flying Shared Cockpit (Connected Flight Deck).  The A330 will be the very first long haul, wide body aircraft for flight sim that has Shared Cockpit capability.  If you've not flown shared cockpit then you'll be in for a very special, even incredible experience!  The human interaction and team work make for exciting times and building some terrific memories.  Fly shared cockpit on VATSIM or IVAO and you'll reach an incredible level of flight simulation!  I still remember the first event I flew online in shared cockpit - it was absolutely amazing.  It's even better when you can fly with a good friend!  There are several shared cockpit groups where one can find someone to fly with.  While waiting for the A330, why not take the time to work on your Crew Resource Management (team work between the left and right seat) in the A318/A319/A320/A321 while enjoying this amazing feature that Aerosoft provided us with!

3. Join a group or Virtual Airline!  There are many terrific groups and VAs in our hobby offering everything from learning more about flight sim to performing group flights and events!

I come across people all the time who have been stuck flying at their computer alone, not being aware of just how many other things there are for us to experience! The best part is the interaction with people who share the love of this incredible hobby!

My very best to everyone!

This would be a great idea. I am one of those people who would love to fly online but not completely sure of procedures and setting up routes and so forth. So if you are willing to share your knowledge then I'm in  

Are flight plan winds (still) planned to be included?

Possibility to request METAR for airports (Not a biggie, maybe more for an EFB)

Also not related to FMGS, would it be right to assume the A330 will have the DFDR/event recorder function as in the A320 family?

Hi @Mathijs Kok,

i just want to ask if the C.G will be given if we place the #pax, total cargo weight and fuel.

9 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Keep in mind however that the first 64 bit version of X-Plane wiped out the 32 bit versions in weeks.

I think that the change will be fairly gradual,  I like to have my add-ons, and not too many are going to be available right away.  If I wanted a 64bit specifically, I would be using X-plane (I do have it) now, and there are quite a lot of add ons available, it's only the learning curve that puts me off.   Third party aircraft in particular will be fairly slow coming out, I think I will flying my 32bit Airbuses for sometime yet.  I will probably buy the new sim almost immediately, as with FSX, it was 2 to 3 years before I started using it. 

15 hours ago, Daviation said:

Hello Aerosoft Team,

Two ideas Regarding the impressive feature list of the MCDU if they are not already included:

- "derated climb" option (D1 D2)

The FLEX TO is already implemented on the Airbus X A318/19/20/21, so I don't see a reason for it not being included in an A330 that claims to be fairly realistic.

15 hours ago, Daviation said:

(...)

- "pilots routes" page  to check longer routes more quickly.

As mentioned by Mathijs on the previous page...

After long discussions we decided on a complete feature list for the FMGS
Do compare this with competition....

Aerosoft FMGS features:

• Company routes, primary and alternate;

•  

19 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

If you feel anything major is missing or have any other comments, let us know! This is the time to have influence. In a few weeks it will be too late.

Haven't seen this anywhere: will the wind conditions enroute be "live" so the fuel prediction on a certain point on the route or at destination will be given more acurately or will it be static with no wind like the MCDU on your A320 family pack?

11 minutes ago, CS-TMT said:

Haven't seen this anywhere: will the wind conditions enroute be "live" so the fuel prediction on a certain point on the route or at destination will be given more acurately or will it be static with no wind like the MCDU on your A320 family pack?

You will be able to enter current wind and windforcasts for climb, cruise and desent just like the real plane. This feature will be implemented with the A330 and the new 2017 A320 series. An uplink feature like PMDG is still being discussed. 

I am pleased to read that we will have an accurate MCDU!!

in the features not to forget I would like to see in the CLB phase the D1/D2 derated thrust and a working selected speed for departure. Some how this feature is available in the 320 but not working properly at all.

have you guys thought about the FIX INFO to enable a waypoint/ pilot stored waypoint to be displayed on the ND with "abeam" or inserted in the flight plan?

this feature is very useful for Etops sectors or for flights to an isolated airport where you would have a Point of No Return. You would create a pilot stored waypoint from the lat/long coordinates of the Etops critical point or the PNR on your flight plan. Then you would use the FIX INF Abeam or Insert in fpl options to have these waypoints displayed on your ND and on the MCDU and help you make the decision to continue or divert. For example if the fuel prediction at the PNR on the MCDU is below the fuel quantity on your flight plan you would not continue...

Thanks for the fast reply! Doesn't matter whether it is manual or automatic (i.e. uplink) input. I remember the old FS2000/2002/2004 days where PSS were the best A320/30/40s and we had to enter the enroute wind information manually as well (I don't remember about the Wilco Airbuses).

12 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Please keep in mind that we only want fully realistic features in the MCDU (there simply is no auto step climb option) and that we already have some of the features you request for a long time. Items like sim acceleration are of course not functions a Flight Management System has.

Please only request that are would make the Airbus MCDU more realistic, not something you wish an MCDU has. Believe me, it's complex enough as it is.

Is there anyway to request METAR on IVAO/Vatsim using the FMGC? or the little box thing above it?

Vor 1 Stunde, CS-TMT sagte:

The FLEX TO is already implemented on the Airbus X A318/19/20/21, so I don't see a reason for it not being included in an A330 that claims to be fairly realistic.

As mentioned by Mathijs on the previous page...

•  

Hi CS-TMT

the climb derate option is different from the "FLEX" and can be inserted on the climb perf page. According Airbus only avail on the longhaul A/C.

the "stored routes" can be found via the "Data" key. There you could check your route in a slightly different format only showing airways and the relevant connection points.

I`m sure the AS Team knows what I mean.

kind rgds

8 hours ago, chrisg1988 said:

2. Flying Shared Cockpit (Connected Flight Deck).  The A330 will be the very first long haul, wide body aircraft for flight sim that has Shared Cockpit capability.

So, on long haul flights, one of the very much used items are selcal-calls. At vatsim or Ivao there are actual controllers, no ? So when leaving the flight deck for a while, or when taking a nap on a long haul flight (thats 100% irl), a chime would go off when atc calls you, i ve been at jump seat on many long hauls, and believe me, the selcal is very much used !

SELCAL is not anymore used. many new aircraft even dont have the SELCAL Encoder/Decoder installed anymore. The ATC Type S has all relevant information which are needed. And that without actively pushing switches and buttons :)

vor 22 Stunden , Mathijs Kok sagte:

Aerosoft FMGS features:

• [...]
  • WINDS aloft;
  • [...]

Does this mean there will be an option, to import WX-Files with wind-data from tools like AS2016, REX and others?

1 hour ago, conaly said:

Does this mean there will be an option, to import WX-Files with wind-data from tools like AS2016, REX and others?

This is not decided yet. Uplink is another word for import. You will be able to manually input all winds. Ofcourse any form of import/uplink would be very practical. 

Sounds good. Doing it manually is a bit uncomfortable, so I'd appreciate an uplink-function :)

1.png

That are gonna be incredible nights this year. PMDG 747v2, Aerosoft A330, possibly Aerosoft A320 v2...:D

My hobby will cost me a lot of money lol :lol:

I am pleased to read that we will have an accurate MCDU!!

in the features not to forget I would like to see in the CLB phase the D1/D2 derated thrust and a working selected speed for departure. Some how this feature is available in the 320 but not working properly at all.

have you guys thought about the FIX INFO to enable a waypoint/ pilot stored waypoint to be displayed on the ND with "abeam" or inserted in the flight plan?

this feature is very useful for Etops sectors or for flights to an isolated airport where you would have a Point of No Return. You would create a pilot stored waypoint from the lat/long coordinates of the Etops critical point or the PNR on your flight plan. Then you would use the FIX INF Abeam or Insert in fpl options to have these waypoints displayed on your ND and on the MCDU and help you make the decision to continue or divert. For example if the fuel prediction at the PNR on the MCDU is below the fuel quantity on your flight plan you would not continue...