Mathijs Kok

Aerosoft A330 preview

5423 posts in this topic

Again, any features in the A320 like shared cockpit and checklists will be in the A330

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

new heavy of pmdg is already this week, but no SCF, so sad, wich remembers me that i cant wait to fly this 330!

11 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

It is highly surprising to me that PMDG do not see why flying a complex airliner on your own is simply not realistic (and even illegal). 

well pmdg is also busy with there own simulators and working on multiply computer setups so that you can build your own cockpit and therefore mcc experience.

Sure, but I have been with many people who build home cockpits and almost all still fly almost always alone. Besides what percentage of customers would that be? 0.1% for sure it's not a lot more because we do sell a lot of the hardware needed so we do have some insight.

vor 1 minute, Tom A320 sagte:

The Aerosoft buses only implement SOP, so you will find NORMAL LAW only in their fly by wire.

That's what the guy asked ;)

1 hour ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Here is some good news..... we just decided to build the first alpha on feb 9th. That means that basically all functionality should be in there (and probably nothing will work, lol). But is a big step as we can then start to share it with some people for some initial tests. If you are a A330 driver and like to help out, let me know (mathijs.kok@aerosoft.com). We really only need pilots at this moment, we'll insert other people later.

Sounds good, Will it be ready for my birthday?

Vor 1 Stunde, Mathijs Kok sagte:

Here is some good news..... we just decided to build the first alpha on feb 9th. That means that basically all functionality should be in there (and probably nothing will work, lol). But is a big step as we can then start to share it with some people for some initial tests. If you are a A330 driver and like to help out, let me know (mathijs.kok@aerosoft.com). We really only need pilots at this moment, we'll insert other people later.

Good news indeed! And I'll keep my fingers crossed that more of the functionality will work than you currently expect. ;)

Hello, I would like to know how to become test of this aircraft.
already a fan of the AIRBUS series, and as all here waiting with impatience for the release of this album that seems promising
If I can help it'd be with pleasure.

2 minutes ago, f-frck said:

Buy it as soon as it's released

57 minutes ago, Dudley said:

Sounds good, Will it be ready for my birthday?

Yes. One of them anyway!

But serious, in the last weeks of 2016 we had a good look at the project in light of the new simulators expected in 2017 and based on the information we had we decided that 32 bits sims might die a lot faster then the slow transitions we seen before. Like how X-Plane 10 wiped out X-Plane 9 because it removed so much limitations. So while the A330 Alpha is very much 32 bit, the whole development is very much moved to a platform where we can use more resources as long as it does not affect FPS. Keep in mind that framerates are hardly affected by memory, you still need to show the same polygons. But it does give us the option to experiment with a lot of things.

So things are in a bit of flux and we are moving decisions forward, but at the same time we are making fine progress. Just today I seen something I might be able to show you soon that really made me enthusiastic. Reminded me when we for the first time had the St Elmo's fire working for the first time in the A320. It's something that every pilot will tell you is as magical as the Northern Light. That's reallt what this project line is about, not an emergency that happens once in 2,500.000 hours (like a dual engine failure) or something hat simple never happened in 2,5 million hours (like an APU fire) but exciting things that pilots night see once a month.

5 minutes ago, f-frck said:

Just respond when we ask for testers here. Right now I only need pilots.

On that it will be purchased, as were the A321 extended and the 318,319 320 ET 321 after, considering the work done, this is only a small investment on our part.

5 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Yes. One of them anyway!

But serious, in the last weeks of 2016 we had a good look at the project in light of the new simulators expected in 2017 and based on the information we had we decided that 32 bits sims might die a lot faster then the slow transitions we seen before. Like how X-Plane 10 wiped out X-Plane 9 because it removed so much limitations. So while the A330 Alpha is very much 32 bit, the whole development is very much moved to a platform where we can use more resources as long as it does not affect FPS. Keep in mind that framerates are hardly affected by memory, you still need to show the same polygons. But it does give us the option to experiment with a lot of things.

So things are in a bit of flux and we are moving decisions forward, but at the same time we are making fine progress. Just today I seen something I might be able to show you soon that really made me enthusiastic. Reminded me when we for the first time had the St Elmo's fire working for the first time in the A320. It's something that every pilot will tell you is as magical as the Northern Light. That's reallt what this project line is about, not an emergency that happens once in 2,500.000 hours (like a dual engine failure) or something hat simple never happened in 2,5 million hours (like an APU fire) but exciting things that pilots night see once a month.

Trying to second guess LM or Dovetail on what a 64bit FS is going to look like,  gulp.  LM have talked about compatibility - but how much do you get?  It's a bit like trying to get a completion date out of Aerosoft.   ;)

6 minutes ago, Dudley said:

Trying to second guess LM or Dovetail on what a 64bit FS is going to look like,  gulp.  LM have talked about compatibility - but how much do you get?  It's a bit like trying to get a completion date out of Aerosoft.   ;)

Even if we knew we could not tell you. But for sure no aircraft or add-on using 32 bit code will run in a 64 bits simulator. 

But who cares. I went from 8 bit sims to 16 bit sims, to 32 bits sim (a looooooong time) and now to 64 bits. They got better every single time.

To add to that a single isle body is narrow. While dual isle is wide body and the trend is smaller widebodies

vor 33 Minuten, Mathijs Kok sagte:

But serious, in the last weeks of 2016 we had a good look at the project in light of the new simulators expected in 2017 and based on the information we had we decided that 32 bits sims might die a lot faster then the slow transitions we seen before. ..

Looking at my high investments in FSX Addons (some published by Aerosoft :-) ) I cannot imagine that my FSX will die in 2017: I think that my old FSX will coexist with any new 64 bit FlightSim for some years.

Or there will be a compatibility or even better a migration tool.

1 minute ago, hedaew said:

Looking at my high investments in FSX Addons (some published by Aerosoft :-) ) I cannot imagine that my FSX will die in 2017: I think that my old FSX will coexist with any new 64 bit FlightSim for some years. Or there will be a compatibility or even better a migration tool.

A migration tool might be kind of silly. It's like dragging FS98 projects into FSX. We seen the same with X-Plane. The moment they added dynamic lights all old scenery died. But yes, we still get the occasional request if we can release our Airbus for FS2004. The response is always the same, just tell us what 76% of the VC to delete sir. I know there are still a LOT of FS2004 pilots, but from a commerce point of view FS2004 died in 2011. Any FS2004 release was a gesture to friends and a way to keep old customers until they updated. Money was not made.

21 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Even if we knew we could not tell you. But for sure no aircraft or add-on using 32 bit code will run in a 64 bits simulator. 

Most of us are running a 32bit simulator on a 64bit OS, so it's not impossible, but I'll agree, not very likely. But a compatibility layer is possible.  I would like to see scenery compatibility more, my investment is larger.   And most scenery is just a bunch of textures and object description files.  I think it will be the point where P3D and FSX diverge, unless they are secretly collaborating.

vor 46 Minuten, hedaew sagte:

Or there will be a compatibility or even better a migration tool.

I doubt that a migration tool can help in migrating more than (maybe) simple scenerys just consisting of BGL and textures (if BGL-format is continued at all) - but with all the more modern addons that all use some dll's or even external engines (SODE, APC, COATL,...) will shurely not be easy to "migrate".

See the compatibility problems that arise just with SE or the different P3D versions.

But as it will take time to "populate" a new generation Sim with nice addons I agree that FSX will not die in a sudden