Mathijs Kok

Aerosoft A330 preview

5423 posts in this topic

7 minutes ago, CRJ900 said:

Don't you have to enter the value for the full lenght TORA minus the intersection point TORA? Thought that's how this funtion works.

Uups, I got my values mixed up (you should not fly, learn and write and the same time!). Corrected.
You're right of course, you enter the lengh you skip with the intersection.

You enter the length of the runway that you will not use. The database has the absolute length of the runway in it's database. 4000m at EDDM RWY08L for example. If you now use A3 you only have 3800m remaining so you enter a take off shift of 200m in the MCDU to let it know you will not be using the full 4000m. 

You do this for the IRS MIX position update when setting take off thrust. With GPS Primary aircraft this point is mood because it does not take the TO shift into consideration anymore. (Will change in future RW updates again)

The fun thing to debate here is what TO shift you enter with runways that have a displaced threshold but that would cost us atleast 50 posts more in this preview thread. ;)

Haha, no worries, guys. :D It's hard enough to wrap your head around the logic of a computer....

Regarding the displaced treshold point - wouldn't that only be relevant for landings as you'd use the full lenght or reduced intersection lenght for takeoff? I mean, there's charts for that, right?

Without wanting this preview to get too much off topic but here is a little thing to wrap your mind around CRJ900.

EDDL RWY23L. You are planning to take off from intersection L2. What do you enter as take off shift?

Take into consideration the displaced threshold and the database coordinates of the 23L runway. Also check what the database lists for runways that have no displaced threshold like the EDDM 08L for example. And no, negative TO Shift entries can not be entered. ;) 

IMG_1393.PNG

IMG_1392.PNG

Hmm, good one! I'd just leave it blank then on non GPS primary aircraft (no factor here for rto or SID constraints). Other option might be entering 200, since the available runwas is 2700', and letting the IRS figure it out...at least makes sense in my head.

But what if you where golf first to line up via L1 and when nearly reaching the start they say L2 so the toy would enter 145 in as the to shift, right?

In the 737 before GPS updating, crew would always depart with an induced MAP error when taking off from a runway with a displaced threshold since the ryw coordinates in the DB and the superimposed runway symbol on the ND is the landing threshold.

(the error would be corrected via DME updating once airborne).
The Smiths FMC refuses negative values so so it was impossible to shift FMC POS to a position behind the displaced threshold.

20 minutes ago, Nexus82 said:

when taking off from a runway with a displaced threshold since the ryw coordinates in the DB and the superimposed runway symbol on the ND is the landing threshold.

Bingo!

Just a short question about sounds. Is there the gpu connect/disconnect ''click'' sound planned?

59 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Bingo!

Dq6V_f-maxage-0_zpsnafcxcym.gif

5 hours ago, Emanuel Hagen said:

What do you mean Dave?

As I explained earlier, you enter the runway lengh you skip on the TO SHIFT, but I don't quite get how the TO SHIFT function could be replaced by a tablet?

Could you explain that to me?

Sure thing.  I must have missed your earlier post, and I didn't see the capability to enter the runway length, so I was asking if the calculation would be done manually elsewhere, such as on a tablet.

2 hours ago, AirbusLover said:

Just a short question about sounds. Is there the gpu connect/disconnect ''click'' sound planned?

Yes, sounds will get some needed attention. 

14 minutes ago, darkberlin-99 said:

will the performance be better then a318-321

Read a few pages back please. 

3 hours ago, The Dude said:

Yes, sounds will get some needed attention. 

If its decided, done, etc. Can you reveal what the major differences is from the A320?

I know a lot of people including myself who have had to get new sound sets (mostly engine sounds) for the A320.

4 hours ago, Frederik Pedersen said:

Can you reveal what the major differences is from the A320?

No Frederik, I can not. The A330 is a new product about a different plane with different sounds. There is also nothing wrong, function wise, with the sounds of the A320Fam. As you mentioned engine sounds I can only say that those are as subjective as hearing seatbelt chime sounds and PTU's. There will always be a 'retrofit' market for those. 

FSLabs took Airbus sounds to a new level and we will ofcourse take a cue from them.  

9 minutes ago, Dudley said:

They also took 5 yrs to complete the project, and charge $140 for the P3D version. Please don't take too much of a cue from them.:D

LOL

Hi,

This question is for the devs. Once this aircraft has been released, can we import a flightplan from PFPX?

Cheers

28 minutes ago, francis16 said:

Hi,

This question is for the devs. Once this aircraft has been released, can we import a flightplan from PFPX?

Cheers

The A330 shares the flightplan folder and files with the A320, so this will be no issue.

8 minutes ago, Emanuel Hagen said:

The A330 shares the flightplan folder and files with the A320, so this will be no issue.

hi emmanuel,

Thanks for the insight. 

Cheers!

4 minutes ago, andysimulatorgamer said:

Will the A330 have the checklist built in like the A320 series? As i find this very useful.

Yes sir. 

36 minutes ago, andysimulatorgamer said:

Will the A330 have the checklist built in like the A320 series? As i find this very useful.

Yes and a quick search will give the same result.