Mathijs Kok

Aerosoft A330 preview

2945 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, corazon said:

what kind of shit happened because the a330 cannot be released?    ;-)

Hello Bernd,

I would like to suggest to read through this topic to get an idea of the continuous ongoing of this project. You will get a good understanding of the development process and the current state it is in.

And by the way, welcome to the forums!

gerade, Tom A320 sagte:

Hello Bernd,

I would like to suggest to read through this topic to get an idea of the continuous ongoing of this project. You will get a good understanding of the development process and the current state it is in.

Okay Tom, thanks a lot for your advice!

cheers

Bernd

vor 4 Minuten, Tom A320 sagte:

Hello Bernd,

And by the way, welcome to the forums!

Hi Tom,

don't misunderstand me. I didn't want to be so impatient - just doing a funny (sorry!) comment. I wish you and the whole development team the best for the future! Take as much time as you need. Continue the good work.

Greetings from Limburg/Lahn, Germany!

Cheers

Bernd

Don't worry, no offence or something similar taken ;) 

1 hour ago, drewst10 said:

We have tried not syncing the ND options through the CDU2 but we can't seem to achieve the NON synced ND displays.

Hi, I think something got lost in translation here. What we meant is that pilot 1 can select the WXR on his computer and pilot 2 can select TERR on ND on his computer when the ND's are not synced. 

It does not mean that you can see one ND with TERR on ND and the other ND with WXR on your computer. 

This last option will be available with the A330 and A320 2017 but not at this moment. 

Hope this cleared it up a little. 

Hi AS folks,

Could not restrict myself from asking this. Please delete this post if you think it is discussed and/or irrelevant.

Are you preparing for 64 bit compatibility up-front, should P3D go 64-bit around mid this year. It is understood that this probably cannot be tested but at least the turn over for developing the change can be minimized and retro-fit can be released in quicker time.

(The question can be stretched to other AS buses and sceneries as well and of course there would need to be a road-map to address compatibility across the board like one we went through for P3D V3...)

Regards

Prayog

13 minutes ago, Praayog said:

Hi AS folks,

Could not restrict myself from asking this. Please delete this post if you think it is discussed and/or irrelevant.

Are you preparing for 64 bit compatibility up-front, should P3D go 64-bit around mid this year. It is understood that this probably cannot be tested but at least the turn over for developing the change can be minimized and retro-fit can be released in quicker time.

(The question can be stretched to other AS buses and sceneries as well and of course there would need to be a road-map to address compatibility across the board like one we went through for P3D V3...)

Regards

Prayog

i think it has to do with the dll that the aircraft use and seen that it always takes a time to update it. i think that it's best to go 64 bit for myself after everything is updated. and it also depends on the sdk the LM or dovetail might decide on but that is just what i read.

1 hour ago, The Dude said:

Hi, I think something got lost in translation here. What we meant is that pilot 1 can select the WXR on his computer and pilot 2 can select TERR on ND on his computer when the ND's are not synced. 

It does not mean that you can see one ND with TERR on ND and the other ND with WXR on your computer. 

This last option will be available with the A330 and A320 2017 but not at this moment. 

Hope this cleared it up a little. 

Sure did , that makes sense now thanks.

7 hours ago, jhammer said:

I love this. I nearly spit my coffee out laughing. :D

Same here. I had Kenco running out my nostrils.:lol:

2 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Always at the same time. We really do not understand why other companies see those as different platforms. 

I think they see them as different opportunities. And those that charge more for P3D really need to justify it.

Any update on the work with the A330? Can someone provide me with a quick answer? (I don't wan't you guys to use a lot of time answering this wuestion)  

vor 3 Minuten, thomber300 sagte:

Any update on the work with the A330? Can someone provide me with a quick answer? (I don't wan't you guys to use a lot of time answering this wuestion)  

yes, last friday ...

Well, Lockheed has simply not given out ANY information and Dovetails has given out very little information so nothing serious can be said. However, bit the CRJ and A330 development teams are very aware of that this step will need to be done this year and have taken precautions.  The biggest problem will be most like that the different platforms are so far apart that making it work for all platforms will be hard.

We'll see.

Thanks Mathijs. Out of interest, you think that is the point where FSX(-SE) and P3D products will likely separate their paths out ? Can such thing still be handled via one single installer ?

Regards

Prayog

3 minutes ago, Praayog said:

Thanks Mathijs. Out of interest, you think that is the point where FSX(-SE) and P3D products will likely separate their paths out ? Can such thing still be handled via one single installer ?

Isn't it that, what Mathijs already said?

The biggest problem will be most like that the different platforms are so far apart that making it work for all platforms will be hard.

2 hours ago, Dudley said:

I think they see them as different opportunities. And those that charge more for P3D really need to justify it.

Yes, I agree with that. These days P3D has actually functionality that FSX does not have and as far as I know (not really knowledgeable on other companies products) nobody has actually used them. None of the functionality would be cause for a higher price as it is all pretty simple to adapt to. We are considering that for the CRJ. 

Will there be a fast forward thing like on the PMDG 777 as it otherwise might be hard to do long flights?

Idk but lhr to JFK or to dxb is also classed as long haul.

10 minutes ago, Isac2254 said:

Will there be a fast forward thing like on the PMDG 777 as it otherwise might be hard to do long flights?

Ideally yes, but it is not a high priority issue for us.

The time acceleration on the PMDG 777 is pretty cool. There's also a similar feature on the iFly 747. I like how it automatically disables at waypoints and when framerate drops dangerously low. Having such a feature on the A330 would be fantastic.

13 minutes ago, nealmac said:

The time acceleration on the PMDG 777 is pretty cool. There's also a similar feature on the iFly 747. I like how it automatically disables at waypoints and when framerate drops dangerously low. Having such a feature on the A330 would be fantastic.

Agree.  As a medium to long hauler aircraft -  I'd consider it an important feature.

5 hours ago, richcam427 said:

5487eea44527c5008fa36d6038024c997ec154c35272fa50307d1af304f1fb1a.jpg

nothing but very very very VERY clear XD

On 1/9/2017 at 6:56 AM, Tom A320 said:

<irony>

No. This will only be available through a chargeable service pack, which will become available shortly after the release of the A330 for a reasonable prize. 

This service pack will also include the nose wheel, the pilot seat (co pilot seat is not needed, as only the job of the pilot is modeled), the windscreen wipers and the step by step guide.

</irony>

<irony>

Will it also include the Air Traffic Controlers with their glowing sticks? You know, the people who guide the plane from the runway to the gate?

</irony>