Mathijs Kok

Aerosoft A318/A319/A320/A321/A330 Professional Preview

44 minutes ago, Airmax said:

The longer it takes the more I wish Aerosoft would have made a simple port over of the old Busses first... It is pretty anoying of not having any bus to fly at all... :-/

Yeah, I have times when I have the exact same thoughts, but you know... I'm sure once I experience the newly updated A320 Series that I'm be happy they (we) waited!  But I really do understand, and it's really a testament to how terrific the Airbus is!

Best wishes.

• Upvote 4

4 hours ago, Airmax said:

The longer it takes the more I wish Aerosoft would have made a simple port over of the old Busses first... It is pretty anoying of not having any bus to fly at all... :-/

Indeed, i love the T7, but i get some tired flying long and medium hauls.  Need the AS Busses ti fly short legs.

• Upvote 1

I wish they'd just done a straight port aswell tbh, Im stuck flying the B744 around everywhere and it isn't that fun having to do long hauls everywhere tbh haha ;-) 

• Upvote 2

27 minutes ago, GBNLL said:

I wish they'd just done a straight port aswell tbh, Im stuck flying the B744 around everywhere and it isn't that fun having to do long hauls everywhere tbh haha ;-) 

I know so many people are frustrated by the extended wait for the upgraded Buses, I'm also frustrated, but at the end of the day we fly in a simulated world why not just think up a scenario where airlines would have to use larger aircraft to fly short haul flights, you never know you might enjoy it.  

Yeah, I've been kinda wishing the same thing lately. I really do miss the A320/321 busses. The only thing I keep saying to myself is, if AS did a quick port to keep us happy, would I even bother getting the new bus when it came out? At least this way, I know I'll be buying the new bus.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, nealmac said:

... The only thing I keep saying to myself is, if AS did a quick port to keep us happy, would I even bother getting the new bus when it came out? At least this way, I know I'll be buying the new bus.

That's the key of all the reasons we are all still waiting for the busses: it's more money for Aerosoft. It's a business decision. It's securing extra money even if you bought the last version. I personally have all the versions of the bus, since Aerosoft released their first A320, many years ago. It's a business like any other.  They need to pay their staff apart from other things and grow. Like any other company.

Although the wait is long for me as well, I understand their reasoning.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Tom A320 said:

You are not the only ones desperately waiting for the new buses to arrive ;) 

There's something comforting in knowing that the staff are having to suffer as well :lol:

Sorry Tom :P

• Upvote 4

13 minutes ago, Vee One said:

That's the key of all the reasons we are all still waiting for the busses: it's more money for Aerosoft. It's a business decision. It's securing extra money even if you bought the last version. I personally have all the versions of the bus, since Aerosoft released their first A320, many years ago. It's a business like any other.  They need to pay their staff apart from other things and grow. Like any other company.

Although the wait is long for me as well, I understand their reasoning.

Yep, that's correct. Can't fault them for that.

When it comes to software development you always have a release plan.

When it comes to sales you are at Aerosoft.

Over.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 6

23 minutes ago, Vee One said:

It's a business decision.

Plus one more thing Mathijs also already mentioned in this topic: all relevant parts have been completely redeveloped, of course already with 64 bit in mind. Nothing of the work that would had to be done for bringing the current bus series (1.31) to P3Dv4 could have been used for the new bus series, as all changes would have needed to be done in obsolete parts of the code. Therefore it would have been double work with no returns at all.

On 9/18/2017 at 1:04 PM, Hightower said:

Thats certainly the trend among aircraft manufacturers where the principles of the systems are the same. If you fly Boeing, the systems will be relativly the same, with slight differences in automation, or perhaps the placement of a certain button/dial.  Airbus the same logic with hydraulic line color, MCP , fuel systems etc.  

The panel categories are still in the same place even. 

The only big differences I see as Dtatt mentioned is size relative to size of aircraft and the primary I would think would be the different handling characteristics and power ratings. Type ratings must rely heavily on that, as systems wise its just general principles that carry on thru. 

Big disclaimer is im not a RL pilot, just my observation thru 30 years simming, reading FCOMs, and working with different aircraft at the airport on the ramp. 

As a simmer though, it should be quite easy to transition. Just read thru the QW 787 preview manual, and skimmed thru it, because generally its all the same concepts as the 777 and to a lesser extent the 73X albeit with differences in complete automation between the 2. 

Should be fun months and years ahead of flying these great aircraft!  

Cheers

I kind of disagree with you on the 737. I first bought the pmdg 777 and then bought the pmdg747 V3 and found the transition to be very easy which is why I decided to buy the 737 NG, but when I jumped in the cockpit I realized it's 10x more complicated than it's brothers and I still haven't done a full flight in it. The thing I love about airbus is that it's very easy to transition from the 320 to the 330 to the 340... 

That's why I think this product will be a huge success.

• Upvote 3

10 minutes ago, deatheater914 said:

I kind of disagree with you on the 737. I first bought the pmdg 777 and then bought the pmdg747 V3 and found the transition to be very easy which is why I decided to buy the 737 NG, but when I jumped in the cockpit I realized it's 10x more complicated than it's brothers and I still haven't done a full flight in it. The thing I love about airbus is that it's very easy to transition from the 320 to the 330 to the 340... 

That's why I think this product will be a huge success.

I agree there. The NGX is nothing like the 777 or 747. The only similarity I can see, is that they can all fly lol. But yeah, the 777 and the 747 are very similar, the biggest difference being the absence of fly-by-wire in the 747. I'm imagining the differences between the A32x series and the A33x series are something just as subtle.

1 hour ago, aua232 said:

When it comes to software development you always have a release plan.

When it comes to sales you are at Aerosoft.

Over.

Um...do you honestly think Aerosoft don't have release plans? Just because they don't give dates, it doesn't mean they don't have a plan. Many big developers, including PMDG also don't give release dates, and with very good reason. So your post is nonsensical and it also comes across as very insulting to Aerosoft. I never downvote posts in this forum, so I won't start with you, but you can prepare yourself for the worst because that post doesn't come across in a nice manner.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Ladies and gentlemen, discussing the differences between an 737, 747 and 777 can be done in the general section of the AS forum. 

Thank you. 

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

Ladies and gentlemen, discussing the differences between an 737, 747 and 777 can be done in the general section of the AS forum. 

Thank you. 

What I was trying to show was that if you own the A320 it's going to be very easy to change into the 330, that's it.

Sorry for going off topic

And that is ok. The follow ups by others that just deal with the Boeings, hidden now, is a bit off topic here in the AS Airbus 2018 preview thread. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 3

For those who dont want to go through 246 pages to see the latest updates.. where are we and is there any other place where i can find that information than the forum? I am working on A330/A340 and would like to fly the plane also in P3D. I know there is another version (different developer) which is already released, but i think it doesnt have shared cockpit. I would just like to know if there was any recent information about the release date.

• Upvote 2

58 minutes ago, A32X tebs said:

I would just like to know if there was any recent information about the release date.

There is no recent information regarding release, nor is their a published release date (Aerosoft does not do this until the release is imminent and approved by the Corporate Office).  What that means is that the release will be announced after the Developer/Development Team, Program/Beta Team Manager, and Aerosoft Management all agree - this way there are no hicups.  Once they have agreed, then Mathijs will announce the release.

If you wish to take a short cut, and be notified by email of the release date then please subscribe to the Aerosoft Newsletter.  This will keep you informed on all Aerosoft product releases. To subscribe, please visit the Aerosoft store.

• Upvote 2

I'm getting excited. I just saw the current gen Buses are on sale for 20% off. Sales usually indicate something new is coming...Well at least I hope that's the case here.