Mathijs Kok

Aerosoft A318/A319/A320/A321/A330 Professional Preview

On 9/14/2017 at 5:09 PM, CRJ900 said:

One more question: Are there any plans to bring the A320/321 external models more in line with the A318/319 when it comes to the engine modeling and other geometry that is a bit off on the original models?

Don't punish yourself. Remember this is a simulation, not real life. Heck I even fly JKFK to KLGA on a 777. Fun, fun. The  most exciting part is the take-off and the landings.  I really don't get people letting their simulator run 4-8 hours across repetitive graphic blocks. Some traditional approaches are unnecessary.. Like........Like folks who stress-test their CPU an entire night to see if it is stable. lol I just follow the best known settings and configuration for my components, fire-up the sim, fly a  demanding a/c and scenery and see if it's stable  (or will crash); then I adjust accordingly. Bammm, only takes a few moments. 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 5

On 9/15/2017 at 7:52 AM, Stefan Hoffmann said:

Very small friday update: Modeling the new cockpit and preparation for texturing is finished now. Next weeks work is introducing new gauges and texturing the model. Hopefully pictures again next friday from within the sim...

Thank you, amigo Stefan. I must admit, I really miss my A321. Feels like an  eternity. But, nothing good comes easy.

Patiently waiting ... Thank you so much for all your hard work!

On 9/10/2017 at 7:40 PM, twitt94 said:

Will the Airbus 2018 a320 have the option for satcom installation (like pmdg 737ngx) as well as realistic wingflex? 

Ahhhh, the internet.

Speaking about Wing flex, people seem to have different opinions and impressions of what a wing-flex means. I believe the A-320 wings flex (or bend) slightly- not very much.. To the point where it's vaguely noticeable

Then, you have people on the internet going: "Wow, look at the 787 wing-flex; that's amazing." And, I'm like.... folks, please, that's just how Boeing manufactured the wings...with a very high-fixed degree of up-ward bending- that's it! Relax. 

Yes, the longer the wing, the more you will notice the "bending" of the wing...  Or the bouncing (flexing up/down {dependent on the a/c weight, speed, and weather}) The A-320..mehh, very minute.. that's just how Airbus designed it. Don't expect to see more than what it wasn't designed for.   If you want to see a lot of wing bending go fly a glider. haha  kidding guys. :P

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 3

That concludes wingflex and realworld airline routes discussions in this topic for now. Thanks.  

The lastest decision about the A320-321 3D models was that there will be no change to them to keep the already available liveries (thousends) compatible. 

• Upvote 2

vor 11 Stunden , Johnny767 sagte:

Then, you have people on the internet going: "Wow, look at the 787 wing-flex; that's amazing." And, I'm like.... folks, please, that's just how Boeing manufactured the wings...with a very high-fixed degree of up-ward bending- that's it! Relax.

I don't understand you, if you see something like the biggest vessel in the world, NOBODY would say: "Oh, it's just like the shipyard designed it".

• Upvote 1

As Frank said it just 3 posts up: no more wingflex discussion in here. Feel free to open your own topic in the general discussion area of the forum if you want to follow up.

• Upvote 2

Hi All,

As someone who hadn't kept us with this forum for a few months, I am left confused with the current thread situation. What happened to the A330 thread and what's the deal with this A318 thread? I am unable to find an answer using the search function.

Thanks, Roarke

The preview for the upcoming A318-A321 version and the A330, i.e. the 2018 editions, are put together into this single topic.

• Upvote 1

vor 16 Stunden , Johnny767 sagte:

Don't punish yourself. Remember this is a simulation, not real life. Heck I even fly JKFK to KLGA on a 777. Fun, fun. The  most exciting part is the take-off and the landings.  I really don't get people letting their simulator run 4-8 hours across repetitive graphic blocks. Some traditional approaches are unnecessary.. Like........Like folks who stress-test their CPU an entire night to see if it is stable. lol I just follow the best known settings and configuration for my components, fire-up the sim, fly a  demanding a/c and scenery and see if it's stable  (or will crash); then I adjust accordingly. Bammm, only takes a few moments. 

Uhm, ok... I think you're missing my point completely. I just wanted the model to be more accurate (Since the A318/319 models are much better than the older A320/321 models). I see these aircraft pretty much on a daily basis so I notice these small things and details. Again, not really a big issue, since you'd spend 99% of your time in the cockpit. I just think that a beautoiful and accurate external model adds so much to the overall package. 

• Upvote 2

so.. system wise, is it a steep learning curve for the a330? or  is it pretty similar to the a320 series? Obviously there will be different quirks and things since its a different plane. Is it fairly intuitive? 

1 hour ago, mach533x said:

so.. system wise, is it a steep learning curve for the a330? or  is it pretty similar to the a320 series? Obviously there will be different quirks and things since its a different plane. Is it fairly intuitive? 

I would think, that the leap wouldn't be that huge. Some A330-pilots, would probably chop my head off for saying it, but as far as I can see, system-wise - the differences isn't that great.

4 hours ago, Anders Bermann said:

I would think, that the leap wouldn't be that huge. Some A330-pilots, would probably chop my head off for saying it, but as far as I can see, system-wise - the differences isn't that great.

Before I started flying the A330, I did a short tenure on the A320. Line transition training was an overall of around two weeks. Only REAL differences is the size of the aircraft, although there are different systems that the A330 has compared to the A320, i.e. larger fuel tanks, all that good stuff. It takes some getting used to, but the average simmer should be able to transition nicely onto the 330 without a hitch.

• Upvote 3

Thats certainly the trend among aircraft manufacturers where the principles of the systems are the same. If you fly Boeing, the systems will be relativly the same, with slight differences in automation, or perhaps the placement of a certain button/dial.  Airbus the same logic with hydraulic line color, MCP , fuel systems etc.  

The panel categories are still in the same place even. 

The only big differences I see as Dtatt mentioned is size relative to size of aircraft and the primary I would think would be the different handling characteristics and power ratings. Type ratings must rely heavily on that, as systems wise its just general principles that carry on thru. 

Big disclaimer is im not a RL pilot, just my observation thru 30 years simming, reading FCOMs, and working with different aircraft at the airport on the ramp. 

As a simmer though, it should be quite easy to transition. Just read thru the QW 787 preview manual, and skimmed thru it, because generally its all the same concepts as the 777 and to a lesser extent the 73X albeit with differences in complete automation between the 2. 

Should be fun months and years ahead of flying these great aircraft!  

Cheers

• Upvote 2

On 11/09/2017 at 12:08 PM, Emanuel Hagen said:

Greetings,

this is not planned at the moment, sorry. Our reference aircraft did not have one and to be honest we do not really see the need for one. The A330 is not an A320 which you turn around in half an hour which might require brakefans (even then, there are A320s which don't have them!). Even some airlines who do some really quick turnarounds with the A330 (like Lufthansa on their Africa trips) do not have them.

If you don't slam into your brakes as if there is no tomorrow you won't really need brake fans. Use your brakes with caution and you won't have many problems.

For this reason alone, I will not be purchasing this product.

• Downvote 14

3 hours ago, Alan Partridge said:

For this reason alone, I will not be purchasing this product.

I'm imagining you reading that out in Alan Partridge's voice. Because that's something that Partridge would get so trivial about.

• Upvote 2

I can't live without breakfans either. Because I need those to swing left and right in the air. Similar to a bow thruster. Great for hitting the runway right in the middle. Definitely a dealbreaker :-)

• Upvote 1

On 9/9/2017 at 1:11 PM, Emanuel Hagen said:

As far as I am aware the MCDU keyboard interface will remain the same compared to the present A320 series.
So no CTRL+Shift+number

The present MCDU uses only Ctrl+number for LSK selection.

Thank you very much for the reply. Good luck with the Airbus and wish the team a successful launch.

Greetings, I've been following this topic from the beginning. I am aware that questions about release dates are not very welcome. However, I'll dare to ask how the progress of the A320 is going on - as we have haven't heard larger news for a little while. I'm really looking forward for the tremendous update. :)

Not mentioned...the upgrade pricing for the whole series AS A318-A321?

I assume the new version will have 2k interior (panel) textures?

Suggestion if you cannot correct the A320-A321 model, how about improved antenna support since most versions have more than one including freeware (should not destroy existing repaints).

Just wanted to know, Darryl