Mathijs Kok

Aerosoft A318/A319/A320/A321/A330 Professional Preview

3 hours ago, Anders Bermann said:

Well, since it's a feature which (according to your link) is planned, and not yet implemented - and certainly not on the airframes, we're talking about in this topic - how do you imagine, that Aerosoft would model it?

True. Then again, we have been witnesses of the things AS can actually achieve - like really improbable und unrealistic things - for instance a finished and working BER :D 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I agree. Has to reduce the aerodynamic efficiency as well. But hey, some people just can't live 2 hours without wifi...

• Upvote 2

Hello,

is it planned to improve the overall options/functions in the cockpit, for example to set up the sunblockers at the side-window? Would be a cool new feature. 

A new feature which i would really appreciate would be to model the adjustable seats. It would be so nice if we had the ability to set up our seat position before a flight like in real life. The best would be the seat servo sound. I would love that. :rolleyes:

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

The sunblocker is not that important but the adjustable seat would be helpful because in my case the camera position is not optimal. There are these white and red balls to adjust the pilots position in the cockpit. In my case the standard position in the 2014 Airbus is not aligned with these balls.

Okay you can change the position via keyboard input but it gets resetted when you use TrackIR. So a basic adjustable seat provided with the plane would be great to get into the perfect position in the cockpit.

But adjusting the seat does not adjust the viewpoint..... as it would do in the real aircraft.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Believe it or not, since I abandoned FSX (1 month ago) and now as a very happy P3D V4 user, with Dynamic Lights, HDR, etc, I really think that sun visors are quite useful ! I'm 95% positive that it's not a "placebo effect". 

I could be wrong but... After 11 years of FSX, I'm really convinced I found a good use for the "useless" sun visor ! B)

Regarding other stuff like adjustable seat, tray table,"carpet softness", "special cushions for seats" lol, IMHO, it's a waste of time and FPS indeed...

2 hours ago, nealmac said:

Visual features such as these (adjustable seats, sun visors, tray tables etc) exist on certain aircraft, and to be perfectly honest, after trying them out once, I never bother with them again. I would much rather the effort be put into the actual aircraft systems, or something more important.

Absolutely, you're an honest person Neal!

You'll believe then that after the 30th Cold and Dark procedure, there are very few people who don't use a panel state - at a minimum to a turn around state for the aircrash (lol).  Some won't admit it, but that's what they do. Shoot, when I fire up the NGX it's ready to go except for the FMS and starting the engines! 

Hey, you know how many people have used a RAT (intentionally anyway) after doing it once, or not at all?  Devs get asked for so many things, and it really is always in good faith, but the truth is a lot of the little things are seldom used by someone more than a few times. That's not a guess by the way, I've worked directly with hundreds of flight simmers with varying experience, and communicated with many times more than that!  I just like to ask questions, helps me to get the pulse of the community... which is alive and well I'm happy to report!  I won't be if I spend this weekend on flight sim, the wife will kill me!

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, Doughnut9 said:

BTV was invented on the Airbus A380, not on the A320 Family. 

From that page:
"(...) The second Airbus product to incorporate BTV will be the Airbus A320 family(...)"

Of course BTV isn't on the A320 family yet so I doubt Aerosoft are willing to add it.

1 hour ago, fakeflyer737 said:

Is there a list of "new" features for this product.
What is the difference (other then V4 compat.)?

Please have  look here:

In addition to that the VC is completely overhauled. A complete list of all changes is not yet available.

17 minutes ago, Flightplayer said:

From that page:
"(...) The second Airbus product to incorporate BTV will be the Airbus A320 family(...)"

Good ole Wikipedia... if you read it there, it must be more true than reading it on the general Internet!  LOL

Anyway, as you already know, down a little further in the Wiki article it said "and no definite availability schedule has been announced", so no more selective quotes to prove one's point as they are almost always defeated and it just starts a he said/she said ruckus. Note: We happily take bribes for assignment of the requested gender and generally speaking we're at least as interested in the nature of the request as everyone else!  Plus the article is ANCIENT (I mean rocks don't live as long as that Wiki article.has).  All of us (especially me) should use more recent info if we're going to use it, right?    For all we know Airbus scrapped their plans and sacked the guy who thought it up and replaced him with 40 SPECIALLY TRAINED ECUADORIAN MOUNTAIN LLAMAS... (look that one up researchers!  LOL).

Moving on...

Best wishes!

EDIT:  I could be wrong, maybe it was 142 Mexican Whooping Llamas.

• Upvote 2

After seeing the topic's name change to "Aerosoft Airbus 2018 editions preview" does this mean that the A330's release has been pushed to 2018?

37 minutes ago, deatheater914 said:

After seeing the topic's name change to "Aerosoft Airbus 2018 editions preview" does this mean that the A330's release has been pushed to 2018?

No. There still is no release date. It could be 2017 or it could be 2018.

• Like 1

No, this just reflects the fact, that in the moment it is a shared development. See here as well:

• Like 1

Setting aside the arid argument over release date(s),  I agree with both Nealmac and Dave the Deputy, that foldable whatnots, tables etc make great eye-candy and that a cold an dark start sounds hairy-chested.

But I agree, after an initial play all of the superfluous stuff is ignored, and I usually commence my sessions with the plane in a Turnaround or Ready to Start state.  The art and the fun is setting up the plane correctly for take-off, and programming the FMS accurately.  

However I usually always set up at a gate, then taxi.  As a former RW pilot the notion of sitting at the end of a runway going through setup is alien:  apart from the shouting from ATC and the caustic remarks from other pilots that would come my way.

Oh by the way, when you do release will I be able to buy a full bundle, A318-A330?

• Upvote 3

45 minutes ago, macca22au said:

As a former RW pilot the notion of sitting at the end of a runway going through setup is alien

Me too, and I always start at a gate/stand on the APU or ground power (important as I always fly on VATSIM).  I didn't mean to insinuate otherwise.

47 minutes ago, macca22au said:

when you do release will I be able to buy a full bundle, A318-A330?

Absolutely!

Best wishes.