Mathijs Kok

Aerosoft A318/A319/A320/A321/A330 Professional Preview

Personally I find that selling a 35 $ product such as the A320 family is not extremely expensive in view of the exellent graphics and a good system of normal procedure..

I hope the release of the 330 will soon, screens make me dream :lol:

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Yes, not much difference. we have not fully decided yet.  Most certainly not as some other add-ons recently did.

Oh okay, thanks. 

9 hours ago, TwixXiZ said:

Personally I find that selling a 35 $ product such as the A320 family is not extremely expensive

$35 would be a steal. I don't even think it is realistic to keep such expectations.

Even if the price is touching $50, no one should complain (BTW, I categorize myself as one of the poor flight simmers, who actually buys stuff).

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

One also has to bear in mind how many hours one can spend with a single aircraft add-on as compared to a single airport add-on. I say that because I bought the Airbus A318/319/320/321 package back then in 2015 at the normal retail price (not knowing that one flightsim shop had it on sale at the same time) and at first, I was a bit annoyed about my mistake. But since then, I have spent probably hundreds or even thousands of happy hours flying an Aerosoft Airbus so that even at the normal retail price, I actually paid a ridiculously small amount of money, if you calculate it per flight.

That said, I think it's very commendable that Aerosoft keeps its aircraft add-on prices within such a reasonable range while offering them for FSX and P3D combined. One might discuss the pricing for some (especially older) airport add-ons, but I know that lots of effort was put into the development of those, too - even if one uses them considerably less extensively than the aircraft add-ons.

• Upvote 3

vor 25 Minuten, Mathijs Kok sagte:

. BUT, at this moment we will only insert professionals. So pilots, maintenance people etc.

What a pity! :P

But at least beta project sounds great so far :D

1 hour ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Gents I just invited some new people to our A330 beta project. But I can use a few more. BUT, at this moment we will only insert professionals. So pilots, maintenance people etc. And to avoid people pretending to be one of those we will be forced to ask for some proof. 

If you like to help, drop me a mail at mathijs.kok@aerosoft.com

It must be proceeding well, if you are going to beta now.  Of course we are waiting for Stefan's Friday extravaganza.

• Upvote 2

On 17/3/2017 at 10:31 AM, Mathijs Kok said:

Gents I just invited some new people to our A330 beta project. But I can use a few more. BUT, at this moment we will only insert professionals. So pilots, maintenance people etc. And to avoid people pretending to be one of those we will be forced to ask for some proof. 

If you like to help, drop me a mail at mathijs.kok@aerosoft.com

mail sent. be delighted to help you guys out

Glad the progress is good. Was the gear animation already started? And by gear animation I do not mean retraction, but the touchdown and takeoff movement physics of the double bogey landing gear.

3 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

So far I got 77  mails but only 8 of people who are professionals. This beta is about getting things right in the code, not about getting things running okay on all systems. So please only people who really know the A330 professionally.  And I had three people who said they were pilots but when I asked more details they turned out to be 16 and 19 and somebody who worked construction according to his facebook profile.

For the people who are able to help, thanks, might be Monday before I answer. Really need one day off. 

no problem at all. I just want to help in the progress. I can send you any of my credentials through email  if  i'm lucky to be selected.

54 minutes ago, GroundLakeGamer said:

cant wait for this plane... will there be a qantas livery?

if not by aerosoft i'm sure someone will create one

• Upvote 1

I like the progress reports.  I notice the video shows a lot about the door working internally.  Will that be modeled?  I hope not as we could perhaps use the CPU/GPU cycles on other things?  The outside modeling would be great though.

I am really wanting to fly the 333, it is a plane we don't really have in P3D.

9 hours ago, GroundLakeGamer said:

cant wait for this plane... will there be a qantas livery?

Please have a look here and if your desired livery isn't on the list yet, just add it. 

Hello;

Please help me understand: AS is a "left A/C seat simulation", but you model the cabin door to such a detail? Im a little confused. Based on so many requests from many users and AS standard response "we will not be modeling this or this because A) You cant see it from the cockpit or B. this is not a Pax sim, or C) This does not happen during a regular flight ops. So..... ???? 

Please dont get me wrong, I like the idea, but cant understand the logic behind it. 

With Respect,

Thank you. 

PS. I can picture my self, while in cruse looking out of a "window pax view" than I do looking at the galley. Just saying. 

• Upvote 3

11 minutes ago, A340-4 said:

Hello;

Please help me understand: AS is a "left A/C seat simulation", but you model the cabin door to such a detail? Im a little confused. Based on so many requests from many users and AS standard response "we will not be modeling this or this because A) You cant see it from the cockpit or B. this is not a Pax sim, or C) This does not happen during a regular flight ops. So..... ???? 

Please dont get me wrong, I like the idea, but cant understand the logic behind it. 

With Respect,

Thank you. 

I think it can be regarded more as a 'Normal Operations sim' The doors are closed every flight hopefully ( we can see them closing in the current A320 series ) .  I think the increased detail available on the A330, makes a more accurate simulation necessary.  And I think Stefan is a bit of a perfectionist. 

• Upvote 1

I have sat in the front cabin on A330s, and the APU is almost inaudible. I imagine there isn't much to hear from the APU in the cockpit at all.  Mathijs has said quite a way back, that AS sounds model what people expect to hear rather than what they would hear in real life. There is a lot of banging and rattling of things in the cockpit ( just look at some YouTube vids ).

• Upvote 2

Inside the flight deck the APU is not audible with flight deck door and door 1 closed. But the APU cleaning howl is. Be aware that the APU in the -300 is roughly 75m behind and few meters above you

• Upvote 3