Mathijs Kok

Aerosoft A318/A319/A320/A321/A330 Professional Preview

13 hours ago, iccowan said:

I'll agree with this. I noticed with the CaptainSim 777 that has an amazing virtual cabin is much much more laggy than the PMDG 777 (the only comparison I have) and the PMDG 777 flight deck is much more detailed. I wished there was some way to get around this but this is not the developer of the aircraft's fault but something the developers of the simulators need to work on.

Well, 64 bit sims will do just that. Personally I will still focus on projects that target flying the aircraft not getting a cabin. Doing that well is expensive and it shows in the price. It's something we call 'nice feature for a feature list'.

6 hours ago, doomgs23 said:

As soon as possible I want to buy on Steam !!! I hope it will be in steam and there is Turkish Airlines A330.

A STEAM version is planned but it will follow later then a release on our own shop. Keep in mind that STEAM takes 30% and that really brings the profits to pennies per sale.

• Upvote 3

16 minutes ago, Emanuel Hagen said:

This is something that has been thought about for a long time.

While we agree that such a feature looks really neat we also did some testing.

Here are two screenshots I took from PMDGs latest beauty, the 747v3, which has a tremendous virtual cabin:

Looks absolutely beautiful, don't you agree?

And it looks just as good in the cabin!

Really a very well done model, both on the outside, as well as on the inside. I really mean it!

Now tell me: How much of the inside do you see on the outside shots?

Not a lot you say? You are probably right with that.

And that's the point. On a study level simulation class of product I really see the point for - and like - such features.

How often do you actually walk through that cabin?

Surely once or twice if you just got the bird! I also like exploring (and finding the Pogo Stick!).

How often did you use, or even see, the cabin afterwards?

Maybe once or twice when panning around with the views searching for a good perspective for some screenshots? That's what the average customer sees from the cabin, while he definately has to pay the price in terms of reduced performance and increased VAS usage.

Let's do another test: Next time you visit your local airport have a close look at how much of the cabin you can actually see from the visitors places.

It'll not be a lot because of the different lighting levels between the outside and in inside. This is very well reflected in the above shots of PMDGs 747. PMDG really nailed it on their model!

While we really understand the benefits of a cabin model we believe it is not worth the price you pay in terms of performance and memory usage for the actual additions you get to your flight.

I agree. I'd rather have a good performing aircraft and than a poor performing one that lets you see inside the cabin... especially since my computer is a potato.

• Upvote 2

53 minutes ago, Emanuel Hagen said:

This is something that has been thought about for a long time.

While we agree that such a feature looks really neat we also did some testing.

Here are two screenshots I took from PMDGs latest beauty, the 747v3, which has a tremendous virtual cabin:

[...]

And it looks just as good in the cabin!

[...]

I totally agree , now I look at it , it makes more sense to not have the cabin , even when you are sitting on board an aircraft you can not see the cabin of another aircraft taxing  out on the tarmac.

I agree I would prefer an aircraft to perform well in the sim then for it to be constantly lagging every time you pan around.    

That's the first time I've seen the PMDG 747v3 cabin from those Screenshots and I've had it and flown many times since release. I'm all for complexity up in the FD. What happens back there is no concern. Just maybe hear the faint ding of seat belt sign and PA announcement that there is life back there is good enough.  It is flight simulation from pilots perspective after all, not virtual cabin/pax simulator. 

• Upvote 1

I am fine with there being no cabin visible from the exterior I was just curious to whether it was going to be put into the A330 like the A320 family.

I am all for flying from the Flightdeck.

My Mother used to work on the A330-200 in the late 1990s.

3 hours ago, Emanuel Hagen said:

I agree Emi...she is a beautiful bird! (I love the livery too.) ;)

I'll paint D-ABTK  for you if you promise not to retract the gear while being pushed back. :lol:

Regards,

Steve Dra

• Upvote 4

11 minutes ago, steve dra said:

I agree Emi...she is a beautiful bird! (I love the livery too.) ;)

I'll paint D-ABTK  for you if you promise not to retract the gear while being pushed back. :lol:

Regards,

Steve Dra

That livery..... I have noooooooooo idea where I may have gotten it from. :lol:

May I at least forget the steering pin? At least one time? Just once? :hanged_s:

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Emanuel Hagen said:

That livery..... I have noooooooooo idea where I may have gotten it from. :lol:

May I at least forget the steering pin? At least one time? Just once? :hanged_s:

I think I know the guy who painted it...:P

Hehe...forgetting the steering pin would not be an good outcome. :blink:

I plan to paint Lufthansa on the A330 as well.  I've lost count of how many models (or registrations) I've painted LH on.  I'm sure many others will paint LH too, hehe...Lufthansa is always well-represented by the painting community.

8 minutes ago, steve dra said:

I plan to paint Lufthansa on the A330 as well.  I've lost count of how many models (or registrations) I've painted LH on.  I'm sure many others will paint LH too, hehe...Lufthansa is always well-represented by the painting community.

Really looking forward to your LH livery already! You'll be in direct competition with Stefan then. We won't make it easy for you to win this one ;)

43 minutes ago, steve dra said:

Don't worry, that's why we've got Wackenopfer to sort things out. ;)

39 minutes ago, Emanuel Hagen said:

Really looking forward to your LH livery already! You'll be in direct competition with Stefan then. We won't make it easy for you to win this one ;)

I know there will be several great painters lining up for the A330 (just like the Queen), the good news is that all simmers win in this competition.:D

As long as Stefan and I give the community different registrations to fly, I think we'll call any competition a "draw" (LOL, get it?  Painters...DRAW?):P

He'll be competing against these textures...;)

luf11.jpg

• Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

I'll have a preliminary paintkit for download this week.

...and we might just as well point to where the livery requests are:

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, steve dra said:

He'll be competing against these textures...;)

luf11.jpg

Easy win for Stefan: the L4 door on an A330/A340 does not have a hinge or handle that looks anything like that.

EDIT: I should mention I'm a fan of starting flamewars haha

18 minutes ago, amahran said:

the L4 door on an A330/A340 does not have a hinge or handle that looks anything like that.

Let's hope not or they would probably be sued by Boeing for patent violations. :D

I applaud your powers of observations though. :P

EDIT: I should mention I'm a fan of correct aircraft identification haha  

(kidding around all in fun of course...I'm sure you'd eventually figure out why I'm having fun with you);)

Just now, steve dra said:

Let's hope not or they would probably be sued by Boeing for patent violations. :D

I applaud your powers of observations though. :P

EDIT: I should mention I'm a fan of correct aircraft identification haha  

(kidding around all in fun of course...I'm sure you'd eventually figure out why I'm having fun with you);)

Haha you got me there!

Hi, thank you for your work,        Do you have an idea of the date of the release ?

Yeah, it's April the 1st.

Seriously, read 3 or so pages up and you will have your answer. There is no release date set and Aerosoft won't give you one until the A330 is complete!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

On 2/24/2017 at 11:27 AM, Mathijs Kok said:

Yes, but the very first thing I will ask... in what universe is this realistic? There has never been a pilot who has see his cockpit like that.

An actual pilot can easily move his or her head in full three-dimensional space to create a better viewing angle to read the displays.  In Flight Simulator, there's no way to do that without purchasing add-on software or doing really complicated stuff with the camera.  You can pan, but that pivots your view around from a single point in the cockpit--it's not at all the same thing as moving one's head side-to-side or front-to-back to create a direct head-on viewing angle.

Whether an actual pilot has a cockpit that "looks like that" really isn't a meaningful comparison, because an actual pilot has advantages in creating better viewing angles that preclude any need for pop-out 2D displays.

• Upvote 4

20 minutes ago, Beren Erchamion said:

An actual pilot can easily move his or her head in full three-dimensional space to create a better viewing angle to read the displays.  In Flight Simulator, there's no way to do that without purchasing add-on software or doing really complicated stuff with the camera.  You can pan, but that pivots your view around from a single point in the cockpit--it's not at all the same thing as moving one's head side-to-side or front-to-back to create a direct head-on viewing angle.

Whether an actual pilot has a cockpit that "looks like that" really is irrelevant, because an actual pilot has advantages in creating better viewing angles that preclude any need for pop-out 2D displays.

I don't think this is going to happen,  Mathijs said as much. However, I looked for a solution and FSX and P3D already provides one. Just press the space bar, and you can move side to side and up and down with your mouse movement. With your scroll wheel you can zoom in and out, it's very easy, just try it out, I have found it works well and is very useful.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

8 hours ago, Maxime747 said:

Hi, thank you for your work,        Do you have an idea of the date of the release ?

No one knows... Many have tried to reach the answer, but failed. Legend has it the answer is in a far away land, over mountains, through dark forests, past Oceans. But beware! Non who have embarked on this quest have returned!

On 2/25/2017 at 5:42 PM, doomgs23 said:

And can you add fuel dumping please :rolleyes:

With all due respect when have you ever needed this feature?

• Upvote 1