Mathijs Kok

Aerosoft A318/A319/A320/A321/A330 Professional Preview

I must admit that I am playing devil's advocate here, as I don't use this facility much when I use the CS 777 ( don't use it much anyway, fly my buses mostly :-)) .  I'll concede it's hardly realistic, but then again flying alongside the aircraft to view the exterior isn't either, but we do it.  I use the preset views in the A320 series, and it is possible to zoom in ( I have forgotten the key combo ) .  I don't pop up the MCDU either, the F10 view is perfectly good.  I live in the 2.5D world, I don't pan around the virtual cockpit. TBH I don't think there is a right or wrong answer here.  You can probably set up keys to zoom right into different instruments, but I haven't done so.

• Upvote 4

9 hours ago, Stefan Hoffmann said:

Small friday update: Gearbay have now been integrated into the fuselage with a basic coloring, details come later. Next task is to create the final cargo hold geometry...

[...]

Stunning detail, keep the good work.

Cheers

vor 2 Stunden , Mathijs Kok sagte:

Yes, but the very first thing I will ask... in what universe is this realistic? There has never been a pilot who has see his cockpit like that. 

I am sure pilots love something like that and in few years they actually might have something like that, but right now it is science fiction. We like to simulate things how the crew sees things, not how they would look in a super detailed hologram in the future. Handling the fact you need focus on displays that are close and 2d and world that is 3d and far away is one of the things that make pilots earn their living! 

Sure it's not realistic. But do we have to make our life harder just because it is not realistic? In the real world this feature might be science fiction but for us simmers it is normal. As most of us only have one screen and not always the best screen 2D panels are a tremendous help to see the systems better. 

The view system of FSX/P3D may allow us to create our own windows but those always have a bad impact on fps simply because it's not the same.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

vor 41 Minuten, ColH sagte:

Let me try to explain why I raised this issue. What we are talking about here, is the ability to read various instruments, that have small characters with ease, and without having to strain the eyes. It does-not matter about shading and colours, or that it is an unnatural angle to view a panel, or being a contortionist. It is about the ability to select an instrument, or panel to be able to read or monitor various functions of the aircraft with ease. We expect, with a mouse click, to be able to see an enlarged (for example) engine start sequence, or ND, or PFD, and then to have the enlarged panel return to its normal size, with another mouse click. I can not find any other developer who does not see this. Products from the likes of PMDG, FSL, Majestic, Carenado, Wilco etc all have aircraft flightdecks that have 2D mouse click pop up panels.

When you fly on a 17 inch gaming laptop, it is an eye straining job to be able to see properly, (for example) the Radio Altimeter read out when on finals. There are many more examples. I think that when we purchase a product from a developer of the quality of Aerosoft, that they have considered this and have built this into their product. We are not asking for something extra, but only what other developers provide. As I have previously stated, the AS A320 product is the best on the market, EXCEPT for this missing feature. We are talking here, after all about a computer game/simulation. Please take these comments as a positive, because they would make a good product into a brilliant one.  Regards to all.

Exactly.

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, Emanuel Hagen said:

This is implemented since a long time already, even in our present Airbusses. I believe it was first introduced with the Airbus X Extended.

You need to click on the black bar on the right of the MCDU keyboard to open/close it.

By clicking the left bar you activate the MCDU keyboard input by the way, just in case you did not know..

Thank you Emanuel! This made my day I didn't even know this was a feature! 

6 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Yes, but the very first thing I will ask... in what universe is this realistic? There has never been a pilot who has see his cockpit like that.

This is a fair argument but they aren't looking through a computer monitor either. I personally like the pop outs for the smaller text that it harder to see with a 1080p computer monitor (with spending money on flight sim, I'm not going to be able to buy any better resolution anytime soon). Now yes, I could just zoom in with EZdok or ChasePlane but that's against the point. When you're on final or taking off, that takes a lot of time and sometimes it's worth just ignoring the small text instead of taking the time to zoom in (When a pilot "zooms in" they can still see outside unlike in the simulator).

Originally, when buying the PMDG 737, I did not think I was going to use the pop out ND and PFD but I have used them a lot more than I had anticipated. I do understand your argument but I believe it would add a lot and even if it's implemented, those who believe it is too unreleastic just do not have to use it. 

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 2

4 hours ago, iccowan said:

Thank you Emanuel! This made my day I didn't even know this was a feature! 

This is a fair argument but they aren't looking through a computer monitor either. I personally like the pop outs for the smaller text that it harder to see with a 1080p computer monitor (with spending money on flight sim, I'm not going to be able to buy any better resolution anytime soon). Now yes, I could just zoom in with EZdok or ChasePlane but that's against the point. When you're on final or taking off, that takes a lot of time and sometimes it's worth just ignoring the small text instead of taking the time to zoom in (When a pilot "zooms in" they can still see outside unlike in the simulator).

Originally, when buying the PMDG 737, I did not think I was going to use the pop out ND and PFD but I have used them a lot more than I had anticipated. I do understand your argument but I believe it would add a lot and even if it's implemented, those who believe it is too unreleastic just do not have to use it. 

I have to agree with you on that one. I'm currently making an 2D Gauge for the HS748 because of that issue. I noticed I had problems seeing the heading, setting up the barometer(instead of just pressing B), turning on the Pitots, or even handling the Autopilot. It is one of those old autopilots that are nested at the very back of the pedestal. So to work with the autopilot I had to become a contortionist or constantly switch views to move a lever. 

It is, sadly the limitations of our monitors. I'm currently living in a country where buying anything electronic costs me a kidney and a liver, thus I can't afford a 4K monitor or anything larger than a 21 inch monitor. That is assuming my graphics card could handle the higher resolution. 

I remember, when War Thunder had hopes of being good, a discussion regarding the pixels and view distance of planes. Instead of just being a dot on the screen that was used to compensate for the pixels. I think the concept is the same here, when a 5 can easily become a 6 in our monitors. 

Either way, I can't wait to buy the A330 ;)

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Perhaps they will appear, but only when they take no time to create.

Just one last comment: Maybe just adding this tweak to the default is already enough ;)

Of course, everyone also can do it by themself.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, ColH said:

what is wrong is that you are having to purchase extra software to be able read the aircraft instrumentation, also, when you are "zoomed in", you are blocking out the rest of the flightdeck. IMHO, this should be built in to the original developers product. Regards.

While I don't care one way or the other with regards to the 2D panels... Being zoomed out to some ridiculous level like 0.30 and then complaining that you can't read the instruments, isn't really logical.

In real life, you don't see all the instruments at the same time, you use a scanning pattern to go through them (this scan also includes the outside world). You would move your eyes and your head in order to follow up what's happening in the flight deck.

It's akin to not being able to see what radio station you've tuned and what rpm your engine is doing in a car at the same time. You move your head/eyes in order to get those two bits of information.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 2

22 hours ago, generale84 said:

or SHIFT+F2

shift+2

Stefan.....you are an artist.....and your modeling work is magical. I'm loving every preview. Thank god for Friday. And thank god for aerosoft

• Upvote 3

On 2.2.2017 at 15:02, Mathijs Kok sagte:

The coffee is a bit more complex and will come with sounds effects, door chime, you'll see the FA standing behind the cockpit door on the camera etc. On these long flights we need to keep you busy! You will NOT see the FA entering the cockpit though. That would be weeks of work instead of the few loose hours this all costs.

I never thought that I would ask this question but since you want to keep us busy on long flights what about a virtual cabin as a addition to the virtual cockpit? Im not asking to model movable tray tables and lavatory doors haha but a simple modeling and texturing of the cabin would be quite nice.

Mathijs if you think that the imagination seeing a pilot in the cabin is not realistic (honestly when I flew on the real A320 I never saw one of the pilots in the cabin.),  well sometimes when I flew on the real A330 I saw one of the pilots going down the cabin so what Im trying to say is its not THAT unusual if we simmers move through the cabin.

The old PMDG 747 and other addons that feature virtual cabins are responsible why Im raising this question. Before I bought those products I never actually thought about virtual cabins but since Im owning them I experienced that the virtual cabin is a nice touch to the product. I dont know how other people feel about it but for me its a whole another impression when you enter the cabin in the sim. You kinda feel proud and you get a another interesting feeling how big your airplane actually is.

I know and its important that the focus lays on the flight deck and I respect that. But maybe in the immersion pack. Just an idea.

On older addons, which were not as demanding in terms of graphics and systems, or addon which do not have such a high system comlexity a virtual cabin was possible.

On nowadays standarts with highly detailled cockpits and systems a virtual cabin would be an overkill for your system and even more important on your memory.

• Upvote 1

58 minutes ago, Emanuel Hagen said:

On older addons, which were not as demanding in terms of graphics and systems, or addon which do not have such a high system comlexity a virtual cabin was possible.

On nowadays standarts with highly detailled cockpits and systems a virtual cabin would be an overkill for your system and even more important on your memory.

I'll agree with this. I noticed with the CaptainSim 777 that has an amazing virtual cabin is much much more laggy than the PMDG 777 (the only comparison I have) and the PMDG 777 flight deck is much more detailed. I wished there was some way to get around this but this is not the developer of the aircraft's fault but something the developers of the simulators need to work on.

Will there still be a cabin like the Airbus family / NGX family that you can see from the exterior of the Aircraft. 

vor 2 Stunden , Bursey sagte:

Will there still be a cabin like the Airbus family / NGX family that you can see from the exterior of the Aircraft. 

No 3D cabin to minimize VAS and maximize FPS - the aim of this product is to simulate the captain's daily duties, of which the cabin isn't one.

1 hour ago, doomgs23 said:

As soon as possible I want to buy on Steam !!! I hope it will be in steam and there is Turkish Airlines A330.

And can you add fuel dumping please :rolleyes:

10 hours ago, iccowan said:

I'll agree with this. I noticed with the CaptainSim 777 that has an amazing virtual cabin is much much more laggy than the PMDG 777 (the only comparison I have) and the PMDG 777 flight deck is much more detailed. I wished there was some way to get around this but this is not the developer of the aircraft's fault but something the developers of the simulators need to work on.

The CaptainSim 777 with the virtual cabin doesn't have the virtual cockpit so I think its just there to show off.