Mathijs Kok

Aerosoft A318/A319/A320/A321/A330 Professional Preview

4 hours ago, Wackenopfer said:

SELCAL is not anymore used. many new aircraft even dont have the SELCAL Encoder/Decoder installed anymore. The ATC Type S has all relevant information which are needed. And that without actively pushing switches and buttons :)

As for now, on ocenanic flights, the HF reporting and therefore selcal is still mandatory, CPDLC and Satcom are in co-operation.

On 03/02/2017 at 10:01 AM, Mathijs Kok said:
  • Equitime point calculation, and a time marker;
  • WINDS aloft;
  • STEP ALTS;
  • Constant Mach cruise segments

More on Equitime and the constant Mach cruise segments, Will this be able to be used in POSREPs when in oceanic airspace?

Well, the cat is amongst the pigeons, and out of the bag, as they used to say. Looks like scenery compatibility will not be too bad.  http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/129935-will-orbx-products-work-if-p3d-goes-dx12-64-bit/  I suspect this is more than we are supposed to know. It's a bit of a bombshell if you are developing your piece de resistance for 32bit though. I will still buy the A330 though.

Of course, after 11 years, we can all run FSX flat out with everything maxed out.  The 64bit versions will barely acknowledge a dual Xeon monster, with 768GB of  RAM and 40 threads. And dual GTX 1080s.  It will take 20mins to load with a 2TB SSD installed.

• Upvote 1

Almost ? Which part ? That FSX is 11 years old is true . Why else is the Airbus forum full of topics that people cannot even achieve 18 fps WITHOUT reducing settings ?

Even users with the latest CPU's , GPU's and everything else just cannot run FSX with all sliders to the right . If that was the case a lot of flightsim related sites would have hardly any posts regarding FSX or P3D for that matter . That you are able to run FSX maxed out , doesn't mean that we all can .

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, Dudley said:

Well, the cat is amongst the pigeons, as they used to say. Looks like scenery compatibility will not be too bad.  http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/129935-will-orbx-products-work-if-p3d-goes-dx12-64-bit/  I suspect this is more than we are supposed to know. It's a bit of a bombshell if you are developing your piece de resistance for 32bit though.

I also had heard that LM hasn't released any info on 64 bit....obvs not true...

Hello Stefan

It is great to se such commitment and effort put into this gorgeous plane. Attention to detail is incredible, just as a simmer who loves to wander around the plane during flight or taxi would expect it to be. Thank you so much.

I would like to ask you if the update on the A318 to A321 family which is expected during 2017 will include detail improvements on the exterior model, such as textures, details (especially on the wings) or if the update is going to be more focused on other areas. I'd really like to have this much gorgeous detail into those smaller planes.

And finally I'd like to ask a silly question, just out of curiosity. When you create all those small rivets, screws, bolts, lines, and such detail for example on the wing, you create it first via a vector program such as Illustrator, and then rasterize it? Or you create it with pixels straight away?

Thanks so much for your work!

On 3/2/2017 at 7:13 AM, Stefan Hoffmann said:

Time for a little friday update! You have already seen some images from a sidepath i had to take this week (coffeepot, napkins, cellphone etc...). Those geometry/textures are encapsulated. If you dont want them to show, you loose no system performance/texture memory. And for those who want to see them: They are very optimized.

As i told last week the slat arms were finally to make and they are finished new. Examine the little rasterlike track on the back arc of the arms: There the slat geardrive buries in its teeths, to get grip pulling and pushing on the arms. Over a system of cylindrical rolls on each arms base, the whole thing is kept in balance during movement.

Left to work on is only some riveting for the stringers/flaps. The stringers are the connections between the main ribs of the wing. They are thin bands of metal below the outer surface, which keep the structure of the wing body stable, while at the same moment being flexible for up- and downward flex. However the flex on the A330 wing is gradual.

The most you will see starting at the end of the spoiler section to the wingtip; logically at the thinnest parts without special enforced sections.

Still doing the stringer rivets now (which cover the most part of the lower wing center between the main spars). Next week cleanup of the wing texture pages and again some pictures from within the sim. Was simply faster to shoot the images from within the 3dsoftware (but that creates some blurries when you look at narrow angles at the geometry -

that is for fast drawing during work on that piece; dont worry - it will be still sharp when we see it in the sim itself).

A330_SLAT_20170203_001.png

A330_SLAT_20170203_002.png

A330_SLAT_20170203_003.png

A330_SLAT_20170203_004.png

Almost ? Which part ? That FSX is 11 years old is true . Why else is the Airbus forum full of topics that people cannot even achieve 18 fps WITHOUT reducing settings ?

Even users with the latest CPU's , GPU's and everything else just cannot run FSX with all sliders to the right . If that was the case a lot of flightsim related sites would have hardly any posts regarding FSX or P3D for that matter . That you are able to run FSX maxed out , doesn't mean that we all can .

1 hour ago, Dudley said: Well, the cat is amongst the pigeons, as they used to say. Looks like scenery compatibility will not be too bad.  http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/129935-will-orbx-products-work-if-p3d-goes-dx12-64-bit/  I suspect this is more than we are supposed to know. It's a bit of a bombshell if you are developing your piece de resistance for 32bit though.

I also had heard that LM hasn't released any info on 64 bit....obvs not true...

In truth I have a high spec i7 and can run vanilla FSX at over 170fps on a 4k monitor. This performance starts to vanish with more add ons. The Airbuses aren't too bad. Biggest killer for me is Ultimate Traffic. Add on airports vary, some are better than default. But it is the add ons that kill it.

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

20 minutes ago, fakeflyer737 said:

Will the Display screen have better refresh rates than the A320?

what do you mean with refresh rates of nd and pfd because those need 15 fps to be smooth. but the lcd in irl uses 60 hertz.

vor 2 Stunden , Dudley sagte:

In truth I have a high spec i7 and can run vanilla FSX at over 170fps on a 4k monitor. This performance starts to vanish with more add ons. The Airbuses aren't too bad. Biggest killer for me is Ultimate Traffic. Add on airports vary, some are better than default. But it is the add ons that kill it.

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

biggest drawbacks of FSX (imho) is not using multiple cores very well and (biggest one) the 4GB RAM border which causes many of the problems with newer addons.

as hard as it is for people like me that accumulated a great amount of addons it's time to cut some of the old ties of compatibility to FS2004 (and sometime older)

I think the success of a "next gen" FS will strongly be based on how good old addons can be adapted to it (and the cost of the updates)

• Upvote 1

I do not expect many features that will benefit Vatsim users. The silent majority does not fly online. The AS A320Fam DNA will be very present in the A330. 

But who knows....

vor 33 Minuten, simulatorguy101 sagte:

Will it have a working Ident button for VATSIM usage etc?

Guess that will be not possible... The Ident Button in the Airbus isn't connected to the clients and everything regarding those squawk modes needs to be done with the client!

If higher FPS displays are added, maybe include a menu in the MCDU to change the FPS (within a certain range) to your liking, just how PMDG does it.

22 hours ago, pluto7777 said:

As for now, on ocenanic flights, the HF reporting and therefore selcal is still mandatory, CPDLC and Satcom are in co-operation.

Thanks for Feedback. But as i obviously can see at work on many many aircraft SELCAL is not fitted anymore. Furthermore it does not work hand in hand with the HF Transmission system. The AC - AC - ATC transmissions are simplified thourgh FANS (FUTURE AIR NAVIGATION SYSTEMS) respectifely (if installed) ADS-B and also HF-DATALINK TRANSMISSION. But as authority regulations state Aircrafts in distinctive flights need to be equipped with ATC Type-S Transponder which send all relevant data like (speed, heading, height, reg) which is obviosuly easier to decode as a 4 digit audible SELCAL-Sign. Even the SELCAL Coding Panel is still a very old Unit where you dial in the Code via Rotaries.
SATCOM is a solely system which can be used besides HF-DATALINK. They both work only from RMP 3. Means one at a time. CPDLC is a part of FANS using either of these :) SATCOM is but very very expensiveas the satellites and ground stations still have to be paid like a telephone-bill at home on use.

Lets end realwork and continue with simulation where this obviously doesnt care anyone. Or at least should. But we all know simmers. :D 

Untitled.jpg

• Upvote 1

On 2/4/2017 at 0:58 AM, alaister1 said:

Are flight plan winds (still) planned to be included?

Possibility to request METAR for airports (Not a biggie, maybe more for an EFB)

Also not related to FMGS, would it be right to assume the A330 will have the DFDR/event recorder function as in the A320 family?

1. Yes.
  2. We are just working on this, it is a bit complex as it is a very new features and not many Airbusses have this software so getting the information is not easy.
  3. Of course!
  • Upvote 3

On 2/4/2017 at 1:39 AM, Dudley said:

I think that the change will be fairly gradual,  I like to have my add-ons, and not too many are going to be available right away.  If I wanted a 64bit specifically, I would be using X-plane (I do have it) now, and there are quite a lot of add ons available, it's only the learning curve that puts me off.   Third party aircraft in particular will be fairly slow coming out, I think I will flying my 32bit Airbuses for sometime yet.  I will probably buy the new sim almost immediately, as with FSX, it was 2 to 3 years before I started using it. 

Well as said, that did NOT happen when X-Plane moved to 64 bits and did not happen when P3d moved from V2 to V3. Demand for V3 add-on was instantaneous because the sim was so much better. Keep in mind that while there are many simmers that have advanced setups, still the majority got a few add-ons and think the sim itself is the most important thing. Or to say it in other words, I have been flying a 100% default X-Plane 11 for a few weeks now and still am not bored!

• Upvote 2

On 2/4/2017 at 7:50 AM, captrem said:

I am pleased to read that we will have an accurate MCDU!!

in the features not to forget I would like to see in the CLB phase the D1/D2 derated thrust and a working selected speed for departure. Some how this feature is available in the 320 but not working properly at all.

have you guys thought about the FIX INFO to enable a waypoint/ pilot stored waypoint to be displayed on the ND with "abeam" or inserted in the flight plan?

this feature is very useful for Etops sectors or for flights to an isolated airport where you would have a Point of No Return. You would create a pilot stored waypoint from the lat/long coordinates of the Etops critical point or the PNR on your flight plan. Then you would use the FIX INF Abeam or Insert in fpl options to have these waypoints displayed on your ND and on the MCDU and help you make the decision to continue or divert. For example if the fuel prediction at the PNR on the MCDU is below the fuel quantity on your flight plan you would not continue...

You will have in fact the most complete MCDU for FS (unless others update their MCDU before we release of course)!.

That CLB issue should now work fine.
As far as I know the other issue you request is also inserted as part of the ETOPS code, will ask.

23 hours ago, pluto7777 said:

And still, I know at least one A330 that simply does not have SELCAL.