Mathijs Kok

Aerosoft A318/A319/A320/A321/A330 Professional Preview

3 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

After long discussions we decided on a complete feature list for the FMGS
Do compare this with competition....

Aerosoft FMGS features:

• Navigraph/NavDataPro support;
  • Flight Plan construction using procedures like SIDs, STARs, transitions, approaches;
  • Company routes, primary and alternate;
  • Complete Vertical Profile, including constraint management, managed climb and descent etc;
  • Complete Lateral Navigation modes;
  • All flight phases: Preflight, Takeoff, Climb, Cruise, Descend, Approach, Go-Around and Done;
  • Primary, TMPY, SEC, ALTN and SEC ALTN flight plans;
  • AIRWAYS management;
  • HOLD patterns;
  • DIR TO, DIR TO Radial In/Out and Abeam;
  •  Direct waypoints PD, PBD, PBPB, LatLon;Pseudo points: T/C, T/D, SpeedLim, DECEL, S/C, S/D, Level Off, ETP and more;
  • Navaids automatic and manual tuning;
  •  Accurate predictions and performance calculations: fuel/time/ALT, managed/selected/presel speed/mach;FIX INFO;
  • OFFSET path;
  • Equitime point calculation, and a time marker;
  • WINDS aloft;
  • STEP ALTS;
  • Constant Mach cruise segments;
  • Required Time of Arrival, Estimated Time of Takeoff;
  • DUAL MCDU, working independently from each other;
  • MCDU web interface;

If you feel anything major is missing or have any other comments, let us know! This is the time to have influence. In a few weeks it will be too late.

just wondering on the A330 say you need to divert is the alternate route for that? How do you do quick turn arounds or in mid flight change the landing destination

10 minutes ago, layth23 said:

Will there be an option to change the default Thrust red/Accel and Engine out Alts?

Yes, it will be very fantastic to have the same of the real AMI (Airline Modifiable Information), so we can simulate the different procedures from various Airlines.

And thanks for sharing this informations.

12 minutes ago, ManBOSS64 said:

just wondering on the A330 say you need to divert is the alternate route for that? How do you do quick turn arounds or in mid flight change the landing destination

That is a topic for the general section. Please post there and we will answer it. 

27 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Showing off is the second best thing after being able to sell it. But serious we know you all enjoy seeing a product grow and we love showing it.

This is the reason that I consider the Aerosoft one of the best company on the FS world! And I don't think to be alone.

18 minutes ago, layth23 said:

Will there be an option to change the default Thrust red/Accel and Engine out Alts?

Yes, the AS A320Fam already has this. 

This has to be the most detailed aircraft model for fsx/p3d I've seen so far. The progress and the increasing detail are tremendous! Way better than any PMDG model in my opinion. 

Really can't wait for this.

On a sidenote: Mathijs, since you said you were considering to make the A330 compatible for a later 64bit sim, be it P3D v4 or the one from Dovetail (which I am a lot more interested in if AS converts their addons and scenery for it), it will still be fully supported for FSX:SE or boxed, correct? Same as the next versions of the A320 series?

About features and coffee break in cockpit, I hope that AS is working also to give to cockpit best lights and HD texture...

Inviato dal mio GT-I9060I utilizzando Tapatalk

Just now, generale84 said:

About features and coffee break in cockpit, I hope that AS is working also to give to cockpit best lights and HD texture...

Inviato dal mio GT-I9060I utilizzando Tapatalk

+1  : the lighting (different type of illuminations) I think is essential for this kind of project!

vor 10 Minuten, astolfi sagte:

+1  : the lighting (different type of illuminations) I think is essential for this kind of project!

I assume having two options (bright/dark) like in the A320 would be a good compromise and an easy option to implement?

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, CRJ900 said:

On a sidenote: Mathijs, since you said you were considering to make the A330 compatible for a later 64bit sim, be it P3D v4 or the one from Dovetail (which I am a lot more interested in if AS converts their addons and scenery for it), it will still be fully supported for FSX:SE or boxed, correct? Same as the next versions of the A320 series?

Considering? Sure. But we simply have no information on those sim platforms right now. P3d V4 seems a bit more probable as the majority of our Airbus customers are already on P3d V3, but as said we'll have to see, making promises now would be silly. I do however assume the market for FSX;SP2 and FSX:STEAM will still be large enough so unless very strange things happen we'll support that. 

Keep in mind however that the first 64 bit version of X-Plane wiped out the 32 bit versions in weeks.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, CRJ900 said:

I assume having two options (bright/dark) like in the A320 would be a good compromise and an easy option to imlement?

We are trying to move any decision on light forward as long as possible to see what the new sim platforms will bring.  It seems unlikely that they will not have full dynamic lights that will make this whole discussion futile. We believe the light in our current busses is pretty good and that light level has been checked dozens of times by our real pilot advisors. It is the level they would normally set.

2 minutes ago, CRJ900 said:

I assume having two options (bright/dark) like in the A320 would be a good compromise and an easy option to imlement?

I would like to see different and separeted FLOOD LIGHT for MAIN PANEL and INTEG LIGHT for MAIN and PEDESTAL panel, and also OVERHEAD INTEGRAL LIGHT and DOME LIGHT. But I think that I'm asking too much.

vor 27 Minuten, Mathijs Kok sagte:

Considering? Sure. But we simply have no information on those sim platforms right now. P3d V4 seems a bit more probable as the majority of our Airbus customers are already on P3d V3, but as said we'll have to see, making promises now would be silly. I do however assume the market for FSX;SP2 and FSX:STEAM will still be large enough so unless very strange things happen we'll support that. 

Keep in mind however that the first 64 bit version of X-Plane wiped out the 32 bit versions in weeks.

Regarding your first point. Keep in mind that FSX:SE at least is a lot cheaper than any version of P3D right now. Some people also don't want to pay for every new version or to wait for compatibility of their addons, once a service pack (major update) comes out. I personally can't be bothered with all this constant update fuss as I primarily want to fly and not wait for addon compatibility, hence why FSX:SE is the easiest option right now - once up and running it's solid as a rock. 

To your second point: I don't know if you can compare x-plane with fsx/p3d. Xplane has very few high fidelity addons and the market is a lot smaller than the one of microsoft or lockheed flightsims. Switching from x-plane 9 to xplane-10 or 11 is less of a deal, I'd assume, as there aren't many addons one might miss. Even to this day x-plane does not have that many aircraft addons that might compare to the current high-end addons for fsx and P3D. But yeah, who knows what the future hold, if there's a new groundbreaking sim down the line then most people will likely switch over to that one.

All good points but we seen that the customers for our Busses who are mainly on P3D have always updated to the newest version of P3D very fast even though it was always a complete new buy. I do believe X-Plane shows what can happen, the good add-on were quickly updated and users moved over very fast. The price of a sim (say 50 euro max) seems hardly to play a role when something better is around. 

Potentially the jump between FS2004 and FSX will be much smaller then the jump between 32 and 64 bit versions of the sims. I believe we are heading for a new heyday for pc based simming. It won't be as big as the period 1995-2005 was but still... 

• Upvote 3

Not sure if it will be featured, but is it possible to add a function where you can use the computer keyboard to type into the FMGS?

You're doing a great job!

4 minutes ago, rossburke said:

Not sure if it will be featured, but is it possible to add a function where you can use the computer keyboard to type into the FMGS?

Already present in the current AS A320Fam, so yes. 

4 minutes ago, rossburke said:

Sure, we already had that for 5 years, so it will be used in the A330 for sure.

Might be a bit off topic but will Aerosoft release their next project plans after the release of the A330?

Kind reminder, because we have so many posts the last few days (I am taking the weekend off so don't worry, lol) one important post slipped back.

This is really the time to give comments before we lock these features for at least 12 months. It will be hard enough to make and keep it stable without adding new parts.

vor 19 Minuten, Mathijs Kok sagte:

There is one other airliner that has not yet been announced but that we expect to be ready this year as well. 

A small hint maybe? :D Big or small? Prop or jet?

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, CRJ900 said:

A small hint maybe? :D Big or small? Prop or jet?

The Beluga would be nice but MK I is too old and MKII aren't finished yet. Both would be way to narrow marketeted though to be able give some ROI.