AES 2.42b is available now

23 hours ago, OPabst said:

Unpack the attached file to the <FSX>\Aerosoft\AES\DATA Folder an replace the old file.

Fix KDEN Pos B38 for AES 242 only.zip

Thank you Oliver for the fix.

But can you take a look at post nr 15?

Flightbeam scenery KDEN Denver Int aiport one jetway is connecting?

I still have a couple of questions about the AES marchaller.

Regards Robert

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello Oliver,

I just upgraded ULLI to V2 and AES not working. The old ULLI V1 had an extra folder in Addon scenery named ULLI digital Design ULLI and that has a scenery folder in it with AES1. AES2, AES-ULLIDDS-LIB.bgl, AES-ULLIDDS-LIBX.bgl  in it. AES does not detect ULLI V2 even with folder in addon scenery. Did I just waste my ULLI credits by upgrading to V2? 

I also got this error at LIRF - then I realized that the SODE1.32 removed the SODE 1.22exe from the folder in the root FSX directory D:\FSX\SODE which I had backed up and it fixed LIRF. 

But, I am wondering if this is the reason why AES is not recognizing the ULLI V2? I know you're back at work today so I'm off to bed. 5 hours messing around and it's 1030 PM here in Western Australia! 

I have to say - I agree with others here - I too am getting fed up with SODE. It's wrecking my fun and causing stress I don't need at this point in life.

Thank you,

Bill

Please login to display this image.

• Developer
vor 1 hour , phantomflyer sagte:

Hello Oliver,

I just upgraded ULLI to V2 and AES not working. The old ULLI V1 had an extra folder in Addon scenery named ULLI digital Design ULLI and that has a scenery folder in it with AES1. AES2, AES-ULLIDDS-LIB.bgl, AES-ULLIDDS-LIBX.bgl  in it. AES does not detect ULLI V2 even with folder in addon scenery. Did I just waste my ULLI credits by upgrading to V2? 

I also got this error at LIRF - then I realized that the SODE1.32 removed the SODE 1.22exe from the folder in the root FSX directory D:\FSX\SODE which I had backed up and it fixed LIRF. 

But, I am wondering if this is the reason why AES is not recognizing the ULLI V2? I know you're back at work today so I'm off to bed. 5 hours messing around and it's 1030 PM here in Western Australia! 

I have to say - I agree with others here - I too am getting fed up with SODE. It's wrecking my fun and causing stress I don't need at this point in life.

Thank you,

Bill

Hi Bill,

Ulli in Version 2 is not yet supported by AES as it is different from the old version. Update of AES will follow this week.

For LIRF I think there is a new scenery Version available using 1.3.x, maybe I am wrong here.

And take care that you have the new Version of the AES installer of last week, that handles SODE better.

Just looked in my Aerosoft account and the latest LIRF is V1.02 which is the same as the one I have now This means I have NO choice but to run 2 different SODE versions (one latest outside FSX and the other, older version inside FSX) - which is what I have had no choice but to be doing for the past 6 months! I was showed exactly how to do so by the SODE 12b Pilot forum - they knew that there were problems long, long ago but they just kept on going and going until so many flight simmers where overwhelmed by this ridiculous situation. 

I am writing to SimMarkiet to demand that they have all developers be totally transparent what their installers have by way of extra programs - most importantly SODE - in their product description. For the reasons of many wasted hours because SimMarket didn't have its developers say that things can go bad, I am demanding a full refund for ULLI V2 and am going to boycott every add-on that uses SODE from now on until someone can clean up this mess!. In addition, I am going to post my review of products that have caused me and so many other people problems so sales come to a stop until these folks start developing products with full disclosure and/or with none of these adverse effects we are experiencing - it's not fair on us to do what they are doing right now!

I am super angry right now Oliver - not at you - because this is all causing you extra stress too and I am sure you have a few select words you'd like to use. 

Regards

Bill

Ok - I cooled off.  My sincere apologies for venting my frustration- I had a very bad day yesterday and then had spent 6 hours after upgrading my ULLI to V2 because it was full of problems. I was expecting to be up and flying VATSIM in only an hour after installing, but it never happened. As it turned out Evgeny emailed me late last night and steered me in the right direction. It was a big job cleaning up that mess. Now I have SODE 1.32 installed in its own area outside of FSX.

I will wait now for the AES update to include ULLI V2 and I'm sure I can get rid of the extra folder the old version uses just ULLI AES support. 

I then checked AS LIRF again and I did indeed have the earlier version 1.01 installed - sorry about that Oliver. I uninstalled that and installed the latest AS LIRF 1.02.

AES 2.42 (latest installer) is working here.

My question here is can I now safely get rid of the old SODE 1.22 sitting in my FSX root directory, or is it still needed to run the config entries for AES 2.42?

Per my other post, as soon as I opened AES help to check if LIRF was active, yet another airport (UK2000 Manchester) wound up "missing". I will go back to that post and upload my current scenery config again because it has changed since then.

vor 47 Minuten, phantomflyer sagte:

My question here is can I now safely get rid of the old SODE 1.22 sitting in my FSX root directory, or is it still needed to run the config entries for AES 2.42?

You can remove it. I don't have any SODE Folder in my FS root folder since the latest update.

• Developer

Sorry, we had a small bug in the AESHelp, where some airports could not found. When you have downloaded the installer before 10AM UTC today, please download and execute it again. Problem is fixed now.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Deputy Sheriffs

Where you do download it from (link)? What happens? What is going wrong? Do you see any error messages?

• Deputy Sheriffs
3 hours ago, paudiej said:

i cant download 2.42a   i need help i

Thanks for adding that picture.

So you don't have a problem with downloading, but with installing AES.

As Christian wrote, you need to extract all files from the downloaded .zip file into a temporary folder. You never start an installer from within a .zip file.

• 2 weeks later...

Dear Oliver, 

I've updated AES to its latest version(2.42a) today and encountered a problem with FSDT's KJFK v2.4.1, I'm using FSX on Win 7 Ultimate 64-bit version.

My problem is that AES doesnt detect/recognize that JFK V2.4.1 is installed even when the scenery is installed and working correctly in FSX. I did not have this problem with the previous version of AES (2.40) that I was using. This is the only airport it does not recognize and all other airport is working fine. I also have FSDT's KORDv2.4.0 and KLAXv1.6 running correctly with AES and do not have any issues. Can you please help so AES cant detect KJFK scenery on my setup.

Thanks in advance  

• Developer
vor 12 Stunden , anchit02 sagte:

Dear Oliver, 

I've updated AES to its latest version(2.42a) today and encountered a problem with FSDT's KJFK v2.4.1, I'm using FSX on Win 7 Ultimate 64-bit version.

My problem is that AES doesnt detect/recognize that JFK V2.4.1 is installed even when the scenery is installed and working correctly in FSX. I did not have this problem with the previous version of AES (2.40) that I was using. This is the only airport it does not recognize and all other airport is working fine. I also have FSDT's KORDv2.4.0 and KLAXv1.6 running correctly with AES and do not have any issues. Can you please help so AES cant detect KJFK scenery on my setup.

Thanks in advance  

AES will search for the following three Files in the JFK SCENERY Folder: jfk_fing_a.BGL, jfk_OBX.BGL ad jfk_ant_obj.BGL

Can you please check, if all of this files are existing in your installation. I have nothing changed this 2013 there, so something on the scenery side must be different now.

1 hour ago, OPabst said:

AES will search for the following three Files in the JFK SCENERY Folder: jfk_fing_a.BGL, jfk_OBX.BGL ad jfk_ant_obj.BGL

Can you please check, if all of this files are existing in your installation. I have nothing changed this 2013 there, so something on the scenery side must be different now.

Thank you for your help. The problem is resolved now. I did a fresh install of KJFK v2 and not it is detected and working. Thanks again. 

• Deputy Sheriffs
5 minutes ago, oussama757 said:

HELLO ANy news for AES for P3D we cant use jetway with GSX EDDF V2

First:

If you follow the discussions in the EDDF topics you will find several hints that AS is working on a solution for the jetways.

Second:

A pic for those who have not yet seen the new pushback truck. I still live in hope for the ability to choose which truck to use.

Please login to display this image.

Sorry guys for asking a stupid question.

I am currently using 2.40b and have lost touch with all these updates which I've now just come across here.

What should I do to update from 2.40b to 2.42b? Or do I need to pay for something?

• Deputy Sheriffs
12 minutes ago, lesterleewl said:

What should I do to update from 2.40b to 2.42b? Or do I need to pay for something?

Just download it from the first post in this topic and install it ;) 

Alternatively you can also download the latest version always from the Shop page:

http://en.shop.aerosoft.com/eshop.php?action=article_detail&s_supplier_aid=10333

Archived