V 1.25 , add flight window problems

Hello , I have the same exact problem as reported here :

I have also WIN 7 64BIT and complete a fresh new install and reinstall of V 1.25 but the problem still occurs...

I'm not familiar with this bug. I updated and I don't have any problems. I'm just wondering is this only happening for people who did a full install of 1.25? I just downloaded the update file and it's working fine. If this is the case, you could try doing a full install of 1.23 and then running the 1.25 update on top of that.

+1 same issue here. 

Reformatted computer yesterday and downloaded/installed the full version and I'm unable to add a flight. Tried removing + reinstalling and no change.

• Deputy Sheriffs
4 minutes ago, coldcorn said:

Reformatted computer yesterday and downloaded/installed the full version and I'm unable to add a flight.

Why are you not able to add a flight? What happens if you fill the flight and callsign fields manually instead of trying to use the drop down lists?

2 hours ago, Tom A320 said:

Why are you not able to add a flight? What happens if you fill the flight and callsign fields manually instead of trying to use the drop down lists?

EDIT: Fixed. Didn't notice the minor change of "Callsign" i.e. AUA XXXX (rather than seperate boxes now etc)

23 minutes ago, coldcorn said:

EDIT: Fixed. Didn't notice the minor change of "Callsign" i.e. AUA XXXX (rather than seperate boxes now etc)

For the flight number try the IATA code

Please login to display this image.

Hi,

I investigated more in detail, where the problem came from on my side. I was not able to add or plan flights after the update. I did uninstall and reinstall 1.23 and it worked again. After the update the´errors returned. Also after an install of the full version 1.25 I got the same errors.

The reason on my side was, that I have the PFPX Date directory not in the default location (Shared Documents) but on a network drive on my NAS to have a regular backup of my data. The update changes some structures of basic files (like airlines etc.). The update installer doesn't look for the actual setting of my data directory but installs the new files in the default location. By that the new version worked with old look-up data and produced an error therefore. I just copied now the new data from the default directory to my data directory on the network share and everything is working.

So maybe you correct your update installer to take into account, that we are allowed by the program to change the data directory.

Rgds

Reinhard

Archived