ICE DETECTION with ASN - never show up

Hello.

I have a really strange problem.

My ice detection never show up. There's no matter what conditions are - i can fly throught clouds with very low temperatures, or stay on ground when dew point is very close to temperature. Never.

It started when i switched to the ASN. I flew before with FSXWX and it's worked very well.

To exclude ASN from this question, icing works in different planes e.g. Piper 180 from A2a or Dash 8 from Majestic.

Do you know what can causes that?

Thanks for the help.

• Deputy Sheriffs

You are talking about an older version of the Airbus, no the actual products AS sells. I will redirect this post to the correct forum. 

As I do not fly the old version I can not help you but maybe some one else can. 

• Deputy Sheriffs

The latest AS Airbusses do not have or ever had the ice detection ECAM msg, only the extended and the X. Therefor you could also have never seen it before using ASN. Download V1.31 if you are still on v1.30F. The F was only an hotfiix which is outdated.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Like in real life. If the temp is at 10C or below and you see visible moisture (cloud, rain, snow etc) you switch the engine anti ice on. Below -40C you can switch it off when visible moisture is still present and the engines are in CLB thrust. 

We also look for airframe icing on the wipers, for example, to see if real ice is forming there. If yes, you also put on wing anti ice (inflight only). Switching it off again if no more ice is forming on the airframe. Difficult to do in the sim ;)

Archived