ASPEN X Extended Poor FPS in FSX

DJJose

First, it's a beautiful airport, but fps are very low compared to other airports. FPS are in the low 20s in certain parts of the airport. But, it does go up to 30 in other areas. Can you please look into what is causing the low fps?

Thanks.

Jose

Same thing here too, and awful blurries...even after disabling light poles and static aircrafts

(i have Orbx Eagle KEGE too in the same region and everything is all right there)

Dom Mason

Simmarket ordre 145#####

PC quadcore 4,3 Gz, 6 MRAM, Gforce 650ti

Windows 7, 64 bits, FSX sliders at average, FTX Global

FSX.CFG : lod.radius at 4.5000

Confirmed.
I run FSX Steam with DX10 and Steve's fixer with medium-high resolution and the FPS drop as I approach the airport is dramatic (from about 30-60 to 9 or so). Following the manual, I disabled the DX9 windosocks and activated those for DX10. Then I even tried to disable the static aircraft (by setting them to."OFF"), as suggested by someone on AVSIM. Yet the results are not satisfactory. I have lot of stuttering, especially while approaching from the rwy 15 side. Panning is also jerky, no matter if from the runway, from the tower or in flight.

Looks like the scenery was optimized for Prepar3d. It is a shame, since it appears to be a very nice and detailed work, but it definitely needs an optimization patch for FSX users. As it is, it is for me unusable, but I am confident that Mat will make it smoother with the next patch.

My specs

i7 4790K, GTX 980, SSD 500 GB, Windows 7 64 bit

Obviously, the ski lift animations are taking too much load (unless it is the custom autogen ?) Is there a way to disable this animation or some part of the city ?

Dom

Another glitch I noticed in FSX-SE.

When I try to select a parking lot from the list, I see a long list of entries starting with "Unknown..." instead of the expected Parking or Gate number.

Strangely, when I look at the same in SimLauncherX, I can see the gate and/or parking number correctly.
I ran makerwys again, but the glitch persists. I will upload a couple of screenshots as soon as I will have access to the other PC.

Can anybody of you confirm this?

• Developer

Thanks all for the notifications. Will prioritise FPS optimization for the next FSX patch, and also make some more of the demanding models (i.e. ski lift) optional.

The tree autogen placements are also very dense, so it may be necessary to lower the density settings a little on some systems.

All best,

Mat

That's what I get for not reading the manual. I'm spoiled by all the excellent airports that come with config tools.

Mat, can you please add a config tool?

Thanks.

1 hour ago, matted said:

Thanks all for the notifications. Will prioritise FPS optimization for the next FSX patch, and also make some more of the demanding models (i.e. ski lift) optional.

The tree autogen placements are also very dense, so it may be necessary to lower the density settings a little on some systems.

All best,

Mat

It's certainly usable on my end, but I'm looking forward to some optimizations for the FSX platform. Thank you.

Please login to display this image.

Hi Folks,

While interested - FPS is a big concern - is there any significant difference in FPS - FSX to P3D ? I'm a P3D user...

Regards,

Scott

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Aerosoft

Depending on the hardware P3d can be much faster while showing the same content (note that the same settings do not show the same content, P3D 'standard' settings are higher). If you have a fast graphics card P3d will be a lot faster.

1 hour ago, DJJose said:

It's certainly usable on my end, but I'm looking forward to some optimizations for the FSX platform. Thank you.

I am not sure what you are trying to show with those images DJjose.

4 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Depending on the hardware P3d can be much faster while showing the same content (note that the same settings do not show the same content, P3D 'standard' settings are higher). If you have a fast graphics card P3d will be a lot faster.

I am not sure what you are trying to show with those images DJjose.

Hi Mathijs,

I just wanted to show that even on the Mustang FPS are good away from the airport, but on short final the fps drop to 17.

The sim is still smooth and it's a really nice looking airport.

Jose

• Developer

FSX optimization is in progress now - beginning to see some good FPS improvements on my system. Will get this patch out as soon as possible.

Mat 

3 hours ago, matted said:

FSX optimization is in progress now - beginning to see some good FPS improvements on my system. Will get this patch out as soon as possible.

Thanks a lot for your efforts, Mat.

I`m also seeing some rather niggly micro stutters/pause`s and fps drop with P3d, i disabled the Static CRJ`s and it did not help, also this is a fresh P3dv3.2 install which gives me 40-50fps in FTX KEGE and FB KDEN, not sure whats going on.??

Yes, same here in P3D V3.2. Everything is smooth, but as son as i get near the airport the stutter begins mainly when looking towards the airport terminal and buildings(CRJs deactivated). Though it´s pretty flyable and certainly a very nice high quality scenery.

I´m sure Mat is looking into these issues.

Regards, Lars

• Developer

The optimization I'm doing at present should add some more FPS to the P3d version as well. Will keep you informed.

Mat

Great Mat !

a few optimizations , along with an "ORBX-Patch" and this will be one of my favourites ;)

Regards, Lars

15 minutes ago, matted said:

The optimization I'm doing at present should add some more FPS to the P3d version as well. Will keep you informed.

Mat

Hi Matt !  Looking Forward for the optimization of P3D  ,  Patch to Match the photoscenery colours as close as possible to FTX global   and   One more Request !  Any Chance to Have  the two CRJ-700s at the terminal , they look So Well and it would be Very Nice to have some Static Aircraft ... But Without Any Frame Loss !!

Thank you ,

Mike

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived