Airbus A320/21 textures and aircraft model disappearing mid-flight

I'm having a bit of a problem at the moment, with my Aerosoft Airbus A320/A321 package. It runs perfectly fine on my PC, but sometimes things just randomly disappear at any time. For example, I was once flying for over 2 hours and about to start my descent when the entire cockpit disappeared completely, but scenery stayed on the screen. I switched to the aircraft view to find that my entire aircraft had disappeared. I don't understand why I sometimes get this, because the aircraft runs perfectly fine on my PC with good FPS and then all of a sudden, textures just disappear mid-flight or sometimes the entire aircraft like I just mentioned. This is very annoying when you have been flying for hours and then things go wrong all of a sudden. It is also quite disconcerting because you don't know if you'll ever complete the flight when you take off, because there is a large chance that something is going to happen with the textures. Another problem that I have always had, is resuming Flight Simulator from minimised mode. I may have to do this if something interrupts my FSX in the background. When I return to the game by clicking the icon on the taskbar, I am usually presented with a black screen, but the sound still running. Something must be wrong with the graphics settings. Sometimes, the textures may re-load but things may be missing in the cockpit, such as knobs and buttons. It is very unusual that I would return to FSX and everything is just how it was left. And this resuming problem only happens when I am running the Aerosoft Airbus! Why? I haven't heard of anyone else with these background issues or loss of aircraft textures. I usually have to close all my background programs before running the Aerosoft Airbus to minimise chances that something may disrupt FSX in the background. I take off knowing that there is quite a high chance that I won't complete the fligjt because the textures will disappear. Does anyone have any sugestions to what I should do? Please help, I would really like to know what I can possibly do to sort this out.

Do you have the "HIGHMEMFIX=1" in the [GRAPHICS] section of your FSX.CFG?  It's not in there by default, and not having this often causes exactly what you are describing.

If you do have this in your FSX.CFG, please post your system specs and the Airbus A320 series version you are running (the latest is Version 1.31).

Best wishes!

Hi Dave,

Thanks for replying to this post, I have checked my FSX CFG file and it appears that I don't have the "HIGHMEMFIX=1" in the [GRAPHICS] section. Like you said, it's not there by default. The thing is, I don't know where to insert it. It would be really appreciated if you could reply to this post and tell me where the line goes in the CFG. I have attached a screenshot to show that I don't have the line in my CFG.

Many thanks.

Please login to display this image.

22 hours ago, dgeddes said:

Hi Dave,

Thanks for replying to this post, I have checked my FSX CFG file and it appears that I don't have the "HIGHMEMFIX=1" in the [GRAPHICS] section. Like you said, it's not there by default. The thing is, I don't know where to insert it. It would be really appreciated if you could reply to this post and tell me where the line goes in the CFG. I have attached a screenshot to show that I don't have the line in my CFG.

Many thanks.

Please login to display this image.

You need to place it right under the  [GRAPHICS] line ;)

Hi guys,

I have added the HIGHMEMFIX=1 to my FSX CFG and placed it under the [GRAPHICS] line. However, this doesn't seem to have made any difference to the performance of the Airbus A320/21. In fact, FSX just crashed completely to the desktop yesterday in the middle of a flight whilst I was flying the Airbus. I don't understand why this is happening. The package runs perfectly on my PC with excellent FPS. When it is working it is excellent. But the graphics (especially the aircraft), are just crashing at random points. I'll post my PC specs, if that helps:

Edition: Windows 10 Home

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-5500U CPU @ 2.4GHz

Installed Memory (RAM) 12.0GB

System Type 64-bit Operating System, x64 based processor

Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 5000, NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 850M

I'm sorry but I do not know which Airbus A320 series version I am running. How do I find this out on my PC? Could someone please let me know.

Many thanks.

5 hours ago, dgeddes said:

I'm sorry but I do not know which Airbus A320 series version I am running. How do I find this out on my PC? Could someone please let me know.

The easiest/fastest way is to check your invoice from the purchase.  If you'd like, you can send me your Full Name and Order Number VIA PRIVATE MESSAGE and I'll be happy to get it looked up for you.

17 hours ago, DaveCT2003 said:

The easiest/fastest way is to check your invoice from the purchase.  If you'd like, you can send me your Full Name and Order Number VIA PRIVATE MESSAGE and I'll be happy to get it looked up for you

Hi Dave,

Thanks for offering to look that up for me. I would be happy to send you the details, so you can check. How do I communicate via private message?

Many thanks again.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Another possibility to check the version would be to tell us the exact name of the airbus folder below the "FSX-Main Folder\aerosoft\" folder. Within that airbus folder you will find a file called "product.cfg". It's a plain text file and contains the version number. If you feel uncomfortable with opening it, you can also just attach that file here.

Or start the installer of the bis again and make a screenshot from the first page. Afterwards you can close the installer again. That's even more easy ;) 

1 minute ago, Tom A320 said:

Another possibility to check the version would be to tell us the exact name of the airbus folder below the "FSX-Main Folder\aerosoft\" folder.

Within that airbus folder you will find a file called "product.cfg". It's a plain text file and contains the version number. If you feel uncomfortable with opening it, you can also just attach that file here.

Hi again,

Thanks for that Tom. I have located the text file containing the product number. Inside the file, I can tell you that the version number is 110. Have I got the latest version? For reference, I have also attached it to this post.

Again, many thanks.

Product.cfg

• Deputy Sheriffs

Thanks for the details. You have version 1.10 (i.e. Service Pack 1) of the current product line. The latest version is 1.31 (Service Pack 3). 

All information on how and where to obtain the update from can be found here:

Degddes,

Looks like Tom has you on a good path, but I'll answer your question as there will likely be a time when you want to send someone a Private message.  Note please that Forums Rules apply to Private Messages (they must always respectful, etc. - I'm not implying anything, just passing the info along).

To send a Private Message to anyone here on Aerosoft forums, click the Envelope Symbol located at the top right of any Forum page. From there it's pretty self explanatory, all you have to do is create a new message and know the Username of the person you want to send a message to.  When you enter the username, it will search for it and sometimes offer you a few different selections as you type in the Username.

Best wishes!

Dave ,

I think you will find that by holding your mouse over the person's name ( top left of the post ) , the option to send a message ( envelope ) also appears , no need to search for the name at all .

Hi there again,

I have fully updated my Airbus A320/21 package to the latest version on my PC, but this doesn't seem to have made any difference to the performance on my PC. In fact, now when I load up a new flight, as soon as I try changing the view to exterior, tower, etc, the textures and scenery start to flash and disappear for a few seconds, before reappearing.  There is also a lot of lag on clicking different view modes in the cockpit.

I have also realised that this is now not only happening with the Airbus, but with all FSX aircraft. I never used to have any of these kind of problems! I am starting to think that these problems may be FSX related, and not the Airbus. I am dreading the thoughts of having to do a complete reinstall of FSX. Do I need to somehow adjust my FSX graphics settings? Or change something in the CFG? I stil have the ''HIGHMEMFIX=1'' in my CFG, but that seems to have made things more worse than better!

This is also very annoying. It seems like everything had gone wrong with my FSX at once! Any thoughts?

Many thanks again.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi again,

An update since my last post, after a complete reinstall, my FSX seems to be running a bit better. I uninstalled RAASPRO (Locked) and this has cut down on the random crashes that I was experiencing. Now my only issue is the screen flicking. It usually happens when I change view modes and lasts a couple of seconds at the most. I don't get what this is? I never used to have this. Do I need to change something in my FSX CFG? I still have the 'HIGHMEMFIX=1' in my CFG but haven't seen if the flicking is still there without it yet. Anyone got any suggestions to what I should do?

Many thanks.

Hi Dave,

Yes I am running FSX on my laptop. But that surely shouldn't make any difference? I have already posted my PC specs in a previous thread to this post. Also, I never got the flicking before about a month ago. It is quite a recent event. Any thoughts?

Many thanks.

Archived