Tobus

Legs 61-68, crossing into Asia

Legs 61-68, Crossing into Asia  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Who's made it to Asia?

• Konishiwa!
    • Nope, plane frozen solid at Eareckson.

From Friday April 8th we will be going forward, crossing the international date line into Asia.

The legs and all data will be:

April 8th: PASY - UHPP 565nm (Aerosoft)

April 15th: UHPP - UHSS 711nm

April 22nd: UHSS - RJCC 250nm 

Apirl 29th: RJCC - RJGG 527nm (Pacific Island Sim)

May 6th: RJGG - RKPC 517nm (Pacific Island Sim), (alternate is RJFU, Pacific Island Sim)

May 13th: RKPC - ZSPD 277nm (alternate is RJFU, Pacific Island Sim)

May 20th: ZSPD - ZSAM 441nm (Pacific Island Sim)

May 27th: ZSAM - RCKH 169nm

June 3rd: week R&R

The online map has been updated.

I'll also inform Mathijs about our route.

• Upvote 1

All,

I have received 50x 20% discount codes on Aerosoft's Kamchatka and UHPP from Mathijs, one for each contending pilot interested.

If interested please PM me.

Note that this discount only counts for active flyers of this tour.
As current PL of our tour I'll be the one and only judge on that regarding forum and flying activity from the start.
If I judge that not to be the case, no code will be forthcoming.

• Upvote 1

All,

a deal has been struck with Pacific Island Sim also.

All airfields noted in the post above are 20% off for AS RTW flyers.

The procedure is as follows:

• PM me with the field(s) stated as you want to buy via the pacific island sim store, over at www.islandsim.com
  • Last day of doing this is friday April 16th. Any PM's after that will not be taken into account.
  • I will put up a list of all buyers and their chosen field(s) and send that to Graham of PIS. He will send me specific instructions and downloadlinks, which I will put through via PM.

Note that this discount only counts for active flyers of this tour.
As current PL of our tour I'll be the one and only judge on that regarding forum and flying activity from the start.
If I judge that not to be the case, no code will be forthcoming.

Many thanks from me to Mathijs of Aerosoft and Graham of Pacific Island Sim on getting this arranged, and on such short notice.

• Upvote 1

I have already sent my thanks to the scenery producers, via Tobus, but I repeat that here.  The generosity and support is appreciated.

There is a very nice freeware scenery for Yuzhno-Sakhalinsk [UHSS] by a gentleman names Scharoun Alexander:

http://dalcontrol.ru/airports/uhss.html

The website is in Russian,

"Скачать" = "download"

Upper left is FSX

upper right is FS9

lower left are the operations, SIDs & STARs.

lower right is the area charts and additional information.

The included installation document/PDF is also in Russian, but a little Google Translate should make it easy.  The main complication is the choice of season textures.  It comes with winter installed, so there is no need to make any change at this time.

There is also one file in FSX\Scenery\1001\scenery to rename (I suggest APX86150.bgl  to  APX86150.bgl.OFF)

There is a freeware AFCAD for New Chitose [RJCC] by Ray Smith at AVSIM   rjcc_ade_rs_fsx.zip.

However, New Chitose is immediately next to Chitose Air Base [RJCJ], and there is a conflict in the elevations, so that RJCJ looks strange.  I have tried to fix this, but no luck so far.

The scenery RJCC is still very usable and as long as you do not look "over there" very long it should be an improvement over the default.

There is also a freeware scenery for Kaohsiung [RCKH] by Martin Weber at AVSIM  rckh_mw.zip.

This one looks fine on my machine.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Tobus said:

So its a race now? :lol:

I'll lose. I'm going on with a B17 for a bit.

Hmm, it looks like being so. What would you say if I would report that I'm just sitting in a B777 or B747 flying directly to Paderborn? It should be done in about 11 hrs. :P

Hehe, I've just planned the route:

ATC ROUTE: N0481F320 DCT NYMPH G73 LUMES/K0893F320 G73 PETIN A812
           TEMGA/K0877F340 A812 TUMOK B153 NRM A333 AGAMO/N0473F360 N866
           ODEVO/N0478F380 N866 NEGIL M852 ALASA UP615 LBE/N0485F390 UL126 WRB
           WRB5H

10 hours ago, dcda said:

There is a freeware AFCAD for New Chitose [RJCC] by Ray Smith at AVSIM   rjcc_ade_rs_fsx.zip.

However, New Chitose is immediately next to Chitose Air Base [RJCJ], and there is a conflict in the elevations, so that RJCJ looks strange.  I have tried to fix this, but no luck so far.

The scenery RJCC is still very usable and as long as you do not look "over there" very long it should be an improvement over the default.

In case you have ADE,

1st solution:

just unpack Ray's ZIP, import the BGL named "RJCC_ADE_RS.BGL" into ADE, draw an airport background flatten (exclude autogen) by following the visible fence, import the object-BGL (it's the second file) and compile it. I did it in less than 10 minutes - it's really no rocket science. The compiled result should (again) only have two files, one containing the AFCAD itself and the included objects and one having the required airport background (that's the one Ray forgot).

2nd solution:

You even could forget about the object import and compile directly after drawing the background flatten. In this case you only have to add the file named " RJCC_ADE_xx_CVX.BGL" to the package (where "xx" should be you own intials).

It works for me.

3 hours ago, FlyingAxx said:

In case you have ADE,

<snip>

it's really no rocket science.

<snip>

It would seem that I am far short of a rocket scientist, because I tried this and could not get a result . . . except I believe I only did an airport flatten -- without the exclude autogen.  I will give it another go.

Thanks Axel

On ‎06‎.‎04‎.‎2016 at 18:51, Tobus sagte:

All,

a deal has been struck with Pacific Island Sim also.

All airfields noted in the post above are 20% off for AS RTW flyers.

<snip>

Many thanks from me to Mathijs of Aerosoft and Graham of Pacific Island Sim on getting this arranged, and on such short notice.

And many thanks to you Tobus, for your continuous support of the WT2015 community and your engagement when dealing discounts with Aerosoft or other payware scenery providers.

As well many thanks to you Dale for your investigation in available freeware sceneries for the upcoming destination airports. 

I hurry finishing the previous batch of flights - still one leg missing plus the appropriate "paper work". Hope I can make it before you Patrick (Pasterke) have reached the final destination of this new batch of flights.:)

Wish you all always happy landings.

Gernot

• Upvote 1

Hi everybody!

Pasterke, Patrick, run run !! I do like to see your racing flights ... a true delight!

At leats, thta gives an idea of what we will meet ... days, weeks, months, maybe years, after you :lol:

A great thanks to you Tobus, for the Aerosoft and PIS special supports for add-ons. I already had the Aerosoft Kamchatka scene, but not the PIS oens so !!!

Same as said by Gernot to you Dale! Always enjoying your dedicated help and nice reports ad to you also Gernot for your nice reports of that Luftwaffe bird flights.

We're all ready to go for a new bunch of legs B)

Philippe

I may have spoken too quickly about that UHSS add-on.  It looks fine, but Axel reports that there are only Helicopter parking spaces.  I will try to "correct" the AFCAD file and, if successful, will offer that to the participants.  It is also possible Axel may offer his work, in which case I would defer to his airfield skills.

3 hours ago, dcda said:

I may have spoken too quickly about that UHSS add-on.

I checked this airport again, and it seems to be working fine for me with parking and AI traffic.  Maybe just a little "hiccup."

Hi guys,

Leg 60 PASY - UHPP finished, because the failing ATC from P3Dv3.2 they expected me to do a decent from 16000 to 2100 feet:o in the last 10 nm I had to report a missed approach and made a extra turn to make a soft landing at UHPP.

Andras Meridian Airlines

Pilot ACARS : PIREP : Flight Details

Pilot ACARS : PIREP : Flight Details

AMA195

AMA195

4/9/2016

4/9/2016

FLIGHT #: RTWAS061

FLIGHT #: RTWAS061

Flight Information Click to collapse / expand

Pilot

AMA195

Flight Number

RTWAS061

Flight Type

Scheduled Cargo

Flight Date

4/9/2016

Service From

PASY - Eareckson AS

Service To

UHPP - Yelizovo

Scheduled Depart Time

Scheduled Arrival Time

Total Flight Time

01h 43m

Flight Distance

652 Miles / 1049 Km

Scheduled Aircraft

E50 - Embraer 500 Phenom 100

Aircraft Flown

Carenado EMB505 Phenom 300 N24RM

Block Times and Weather Information Click to collapse / expand

Block Out

11:7 LOCAL :: 10:58 FS TIME :: 23:58 ZULU

Block On

13:4 LOCAL :: 11:52 FS TIME :: 1:52 ZULU

Block Off

11:18 LOCAL :: 11:08 FS TIME :: 0:08 ZULU

Block In

13:8 LOCAL :: 11:56 FS TIME :: 1:56 ZULU

Block Off Weather

Clear :: 30 SM

Block On Weather

Clear :: 42 SM

Touchdown Speed

Touch Down VS

Final Flight Status

You arrived at UHPP - Yelizovo

-2016-apr-9-003.jpg

-2016-apr-9-007.jpg

-2016-apr-9-018.jpg

-2016-apr-9-023.jpg

-2016-apr-9-028.jpg

Cheers,

Ruud

Leg 60 complete, PASY, Eareckson to UHPP, Petropavlovsk-Kamchatsky

American white stuff

2016-4-4_12-21-26-695.jpg

Russian white stuff

2016-4-4_14-6-5-69.jpg

2016-4-4_14-14-40-261.jpg

Phew that was a long one!  Looking forward to the next one which is over 700nm, better top up the tanks! :)

On 8.4.2016 at 5:23 PM, FlyingAxx said:

In case you have ADE,

1st solution:

just unpack Ray's ZIP, import the BGL named "RJCC_ADE_RS.BGL" into ADE, draw an airport background flatten (exclude autogen) by following the visible fence, import the object-BGL (it's the second file) and compile it. I did it in less than 10 minutes - it's really no rocket science. The compiled result should (again) only have two files, one containing the AFCAD itself and the included objects and one having the required airport background (that's the one Ray forgot).

2nd solution:

You even could forget about the object import and compile directly after drawing the background flatten. In this case you only have to add the file named " RJCC_ADE_xx_CVX.BGL" to the package (where "xx" should be you own intials).

It works for me.

I quoted my own proposal in order to keep all together. I forgot to mention that you either need to lift up RJCC to it's neighbours elevation of 89 ft or vice versa. The difference is not that influencing too much the environment. However, due to the fact that the airport area of RJCC borders with its southern end to a river, I preferred to change the elevation of RJCJ to 70 ft. You need to load the default RJCJ into ADE, next to draw an exclusion rectangle crossing the airport's runways somehow (a poly of the type "Exclude General" -> "Airport Backgrounds") and then you you have to change the airport's elevation to 70 ft. As I'm using for some years now ADE's PRO-version (it makes many things really easy) it's for me just the change of the airport's reference data by using the "Tools" tab.

As you guys are known to be lazy (:ph34r:) I added the elevation changed default RJCJ here!

RJCJ_ADEX_AB.zip

Switched from my Stang to a Fortress for this and maybe some next flights too:

Happily trudging along at 170kts so it takes somewhat longer than in the 250kts Mustang. But ... also this A2A bird remains an undisputed beauty.

The weather at PASY was surprisingly good, as was the weather along the way. Coming to Kamchatka the skies darkened and I landed with rain and lightning.

I like UHPP from Aerosoft. It has a huge area around it in detail and the airport just oozes remote Russian atmosphere, in a mix of commercial airport and old Russian freight and military base. Love it!

dbXuuPN.jpg

Saturday, March 9th, 2016: leg 61 PASY to  UHPP >571 Nm.

Block-off: 12:45z  Takeoff: 12:55z  Touchdown: 15:36z  Block-on: 15:43z

To find the best route was a bit more work than usual. Normally my EFB uses Routefinder to create the route. It did, but now the route had a length of over 800 Nm. When I looked at the chart I saw a mega zig-zag. So I had to delete some waypoints to get it right. The consequence of that action was that the last leg was over 300 Nm. Never mind, I thought. This is what it became:

PASY NYMPH G73 LUMES UHPP

This was going to be my first AWT leg flown with ATC active. PF3 ATC uses what is in the AFCAD and for PASY that is only a multicom frequency. So I needed to add the FSS frequency in PF3 to be able to activate my flight plan while in flight. I could have added an ATIS frequency as well, but I did not. After all, ASN can give me that on 122.00.

METAR: PASY 082356Z 32010KT 7SM -SN OVC039 02/M03 A2969

GSX does not ‘know’ my plane, so I had no option to be de-iced while the snow was falling down. So I took a broom and wiped the wings clean. After startup we taxied to a mid-intersection of RWY28. The Duke does not need the full length. So my Virtual Co Pilot announced that we took the runway and we went for the skies; told ‘everyone’ that we were leaving the area; and switched to FSS for opening the flight plan. Our plan was to go for FL220. We broke through the top of clouds at 12,000 ft. It must have been around 17,000 ft. that I realized I did not have the Control Centre frequency. No problem! I can ask ATC, what my VCP did. With a little humor ATC said “Ah, you forgot to take you charts with you. Well…, center is at 118.50.” Breaking through FL180 we were set to Centre, so I probably did not have to ask. Anyway, it was fun. With nothing but sea, sky and clouds around us we continued on FL220.

2016-4-9_15-13-12-39.jpg

We crossed the dateline around 13:36z and 15 minutes later we had a frequency change for a (so to hear) Russian controller that started to order us down to 2,500 ft. QNH1006 at 328 Nm from destination. I thought that was a bit early, but it was not a ‘at pilots discretion’. My EFB calculated, that with 150 ft./min. descent rate we would be fine. So we did. Still 200 Nm from our destination ATC started to vector us more to the south. Probably because the Russian Navy is doing some naughty things below us and they did not want us to see what’s happening. So with a large D-tour we were vectored for the ILS RWY34R. According to my EFB RWY 16R-34L is no longer active and 16L is closed for landings. Strange, because there are STARs available for that runway. Unfortunately the Kamchatka airport scenery is not explicitly stated as being compatible with P3Dv3. I paid my due in buying scenery ‘for P3D’ that gave problems installing on P3Dv3 and are now useless. I checked the compatibility page on the Aerosoft website about this, but Kamchatka is not listed. So I had to do it with the P3D default. The meant that the ILS was absolutely not alignedcorrectly. But visuals were outstanding.

METAR: UHPP 090330Z 18005MPS 9999 SCT040 02/M06 Q1006

And a 6 kts tailwind is not a problem with the very long runway. When clear of the active, we were directed to parking number 1.

2016-4-9_17-46-20-851.jpg

I must say that it is more fun doing this with ATC although they were silent for most of the time.

Dirk

Yesterday I happily escaped from PASY as the scheduled freighter arrived surprisingly on time. It had been a bit unclear for almost half a day if the weather would allow a landing. The forecast said something about ice rain and thunderstorms, but with a declining tendency. As the wind would allow at least a landing under IMC conditions by using the ILS of runway 34R we finally decided to load some extra fuel - just in case.

Leg #51     PASY - UHPP, Kamchatka, B77L, 1.8 hrs, planned: OPAKE DCT NYMPH G73 PIRUT

The flight preparation had been a bit annoying due to the obvious suspicion of some Border Control guys in conjunction with Customs officials. Finally, after producing a pile of papers and accompanying two (!) detailed inspections of our freight we finally got the required clearance.

Here we go, heading for OPAKE.

2016_04_09_PASY_UHPP_01.jpg

Soon after leaving the US airspace we received some changed instructions. We had to proceed after REPAK via GEFAR direct to KHALAKTYRKA (NDB HY). Furthermore ATC asked us to reduce our airspeed.

Here we are already over Kamchatka, passing the impressive Kronotsky volcano.

2016_04_10_PASY_UHPP_02.jpg

The weather radar showed some scattered, but obviously unavoidable red echoes in front of us, correspond with the the most recent forecast. ATC asked us to descent quite early and told us that we would have to expect a hold at HY because of necessary runway de-icing. Of course we had to circle within rain and thunderstorms around. Our WX radar showed meanwhile that the more severe part had been south-west of the place. After passing to complete race tracks we finally got the landing clearance and headed to intercept the ILS.

2016_04_10_PASY_UHPP_03_AB.jpg

Just before touching down...

2016_04_10_PASY_UHPP_04.jpg

Everything was nice and easy, except the taxiway condition to the apron. It appeared to be quite narrow compared to the size of our bird.

2016_04_10_PASY_UHPP_05.jpg

The track had bee really slippery and we crawled all the time until we reached our final position. Here we are still waiting for ground services to put on the chocks and to provide a ladder....

2016_04_10_PASY_UHPP_06.jpg

Final remark: the Kamchatka scenery of Aerosoft looks really good. At least the winter textures are submitting the "right feeling".

To be continued.

• Upvote 1

Thank you for the RJCJ elevation file, Axel.  I finally concluded that changing the elevation would be the simplest fix, but had not yet done that work.  It works great, and helped me not duplicate the effort.

50 minutes ago, dcda said:

Thank you for the RJCJ elevation file, Axel.  I finally concluded that changing the elevation would be the simplest fix, but had not yet done that work.  It works great, and helped me not duplicate the effort.

Actually, the fix itself took about 10 minutes (including a visual test), writing the usual instructions, disclaimer etc. kept me busy a bit longer - like in real life!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.
You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.