Alta X +GSX disappear airport

joefly64

• Deputy Sheriffs

So you have updated from an earlier version of P3D to P3Dv3.2? 

If so you need to install also the P3D Content update, and not just the Client update

If you only install the client update GSX and SODE get corrupted. As Alta uses SODE to display the airport this looks to me like the reason for your problem.

keep in mind to backup existing autogen folder on forehand before installing content.msi, or you will be missing more

after startup. check is link http://www.avsim.com/topic/484828-p3d-v32-sode-or-gsx-update-information/

if you don't follow certains routes, you can destroy all a lot and for 99% percent of simmers who are not

it whiz-kits it mains starting over from scratch again, because relevant files are overwritten or removed and

cannot be set manually back.

I tryed look in aerosoft rome gsx work fully and don't disappear airport,while in Alta disappear,then I had installed p3d v3.2 content and client then I have installed Alta X .Autogen I have backup.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Rome uses SODE just for the jetways. At Alta it is used to display the entire airport (like it is also done at ENSH).

• Deputy Sheriffs

Maybe a look into your SODE log file will shed some light on your problem. You will find it here:

• C:\ProgramData\12bPilot\SODE\log\SODE.log

• Deputy Sheriffs

As the airport is displayed correctly (until your start GSX) you can assume that the installation is correct. Have you noticed my latest post (#12) ?

• Developer

Gentlemen,

This is an old issue with GSX and other SimObject injecting tools like SODE or AirportController. For some reason I don't know in detail, GSX removes "alien" SimObjects from the simulator. In the past, fsdreamteam had to include an exception in their GSX code to prevent removing objects from other tools. For example, Drzewiecki Design airports are "protected". It is a matter of naming convention of some data, but it is up to fsdreamteam to include this fix in an update of GSX.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Looks like SODE looses it's connection to the simulator the moment you open the GSX menu.

As you wrote that you have updated the P3D content package I don't know of anything else to do. This is a topic for the SODE and GSX/FSDreamTeam developer(s).

• Deputy Sheriffs

Yes of course! But obviously GSX somehow damages SODE in that moment. So that's why the both developers have to stick their heads together.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Alternatively, as you are the only one reporting this problem, this problem is related to your installation. Maybe your P3D content update went wrong. 

A fresh P3Dv3.2 setup will most likely fix this problem.

It is a problem by GSX which will be corrected in the next update. In this update SODE will use GSX door positions and won't stop when GSX is active. 

Archived