I have no F-14B

mosquito3

Hallo guys

First of all thank you for the update!

In FSX menu I can only select F14-A models (90, 100, 110) but there isn't any F14-B at all. Inside the simobjects/airplanes folder there is a folder called "Aerosoft F14B".

Any idea about how to fix it?

Many thanks

Francesco

Did you perform a clean install of the F-14 Extended, and first uninstall the F-14 X (and delete any remaining F-14 directories in SimObjects)?

Hallo jcagle, thank you for your reply.

Yes, I did exactly as you said. I uninstalled the previous Tomcat version (actually there wasn't any remaining F-14 directories into airplanes folder couse it was clean whitout any liveries, ecc.) and installed the new Extended Tomcat. I did it twice with no luck. Maybe I should try to reinstall FSX?

Cheers

Francesco

Ok guys, I apologise for having opened a thread about this. My F-14B model were under "Tom Stovall" instead of "Aerosoft" in FSX sub menù. I really apologise.

Thank you

Francesco

44 minutes ago, mosquito3 said:

Ok guys, I apologise for having opened a thread about this. My F-14B model were under "Tom Stovall" instead of "Aerosoft" in FSX sub menù. I really apologise.

Thank you

Francesco

I addressed that issue as well why it's under "Tom Stovall" Instead of in Aerosoft with all the others? But at least it's there. Cheers.

Only the repaints made by Tom Stovall should be labeled as such, the rest should be under Aerosoft. 

As to why they are different, Tom spent several months of his spare time (freely) making the liveries for the F-14 Extended. Credit goes where it is deserved.

11 minutes ago, jcagle said:

Only the repaints made by Tom Stovall should be labeled as such, the rest should be under Aerosoft. 

As to why they are different, Tom spent several months of his spare time (freely) making the liveries for the F-14 Extended. Credit goes where it is deserved.

Outstanding well noted.  Tell Tom for me that I enjoy the Jolly Rogers livery textures. And thanks Jcagle for the explanation.

15 hours ago, jcagle said:

Yeah, Tom's repaints are amezing and it's well deserved that his creations are labelled with his name.

What it is funny is that on my system all 5 F14-B's are labelled as "Tom Stovall" while all the F-14A as "Aerosoft". All 3 aircraft.cgf files looks correct, for example only one F-14B (the VF-101 LV) is labelled as "Tom Stovall" and the remaining 4 liveries as "Aerosoft". But it's not a big deal :)

Having different entries for ui_createdby= in a single aircraft.cfg can only cause confusion for FSX.

No disrespect for Tom or his work, my solution is to insure that each and every entry has ui_createdby= "Aerosoft'

Where there are textures by Tom (or other painters) I added a line that reads description="Repaint by Tom Stovall"

When I updated the F-14 to version 2.01, I copied my prior install to an external drive.  Upon analysis I realized that I had several addon textures I never flew because of the different ui_creatredby= entries since I got into the habit of selecting my aircraft by developer (e.g., Aerosoft).

--WH

Archived