Madeira X troubleshooting

Jason Cardeira

Hello all,

Since i saw many users with problems with this scenery in FSX (i don't know if all the fixes will work on P3d, because i don't have this scenery installed in P3D), i decided to create a topic to help to solve all the issues with this scenery and get all the things working well.

As many of you have FSglobal and FTX installed, this includes the fixes for who have this software installed too (remember that you must have the latest version of Madeira X installed which is V1.20)

First of all inside your FSX main folder\scenery\0502 check if you have those files disabled

APX43200

CVX4320

they should look something like APX43200.madeira or APX43200.off / CVX4320.madeira or CVX4320.off

if the extension files end in .bgl rename them to .off

FSGlobal 2010 users

go to FSGX2010 \ LocalMeshes \ scenery \ cvxLPMA.bgl and rename to cvxLPMA.off

Mytraffic users

go to MyTraffic \ Scenery \ BR2_LPMA.BGL and MyTraffic \ Scenery \ BR2_LPPS.BGL and rename this files to BR2_LPMA.off and BR2_LPPS.off

FTX vector configuration tool

Disable LPMA and LPPS in the tool and apply the changes

FTX VECTOR folders

go to ORBX\FTX_VECTOR\FTX_VECTOR_APT\scenery and rename the file ABP_LPMA_Default.bgl to ABP_LPMA.Default.off (this fixes the artifacts near the runway 05/23 threshold)

and do the same for ABP_LPPS_Default.bgl inside the same folder

go to ORBX\FTX_VECTOR\FTX_VECTOR_CVX\scenery and disable all the files beginning with 4320 (17 files) to e.g. 4320_LCP_Beaches.off (to erase the coastlines and other 3rd party items in madeira. It's not necessary since the scenery includes the correct items)

For those who have problems with runway lights (if you don't have any problems with runway lighting, don't touch those files)

Go to your Madeira X\scenery and rename LPMA_RwyBase.BGL and LPMA_RwyBridge.bgl to LPMA_RwyBase.off and LPMA_RwyBridge.off

Mesh Resolution in FSX settings: should be set at least to 5m (could be 2m or 1m)

ONLY for those who have in MADEIRA X strange runway ISSUES/artifacts/GSX issues/weird elevation/mesh issues

i've upload a file named LPMA_CVX.bgl 

What you have to do with this file: Go to your Aerosoft folder (where you have all Aerosoft sceneries) create a folder named Madeira X FIX and inside this folder create another one called scenery. Put this file there inside Madeira X FIX\scenery

Next go to your scenery library and activate this on the TOP of Madeira X scenery

So it should look like:

Madeira X FIX

Madeira X

Your Madeira X after all this changes should work with no artifacts/issues/elevations problems.

Hope you get all the things sorted! Good flights!

LPMA_CVX.bgl

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Can't thank you enough for that invaluable piece of information. I was pulling my hair out looking for the right fix. I have FTX Global, Vector and a bunch of FTX regions. Anyway, Madeira has always be troublesome. Not anymore thanks to you. Cheers!

• 1 month later...

Thank you Jason.

I have Aerosoft Madeira v1.2 installed in P3d V3.0.

I have FTX Vector (in fact all FTX scenery)

I needed all the fixes you listed and the LPMA.CVX file also, before the runway elevations were correct.

Many thanks again

Regards

David

Archived