F-14 Extended (v2.01) Uploaded

jcagle

Version 2.01 was uploaded this morning as a complete new installer in the Aerosoft Shop. Please delete all previous versions of the F-14 before installing. This patch is being pushed to resolve a throttle management bug that was present for a some users. 

Notes

The Aircraft.cfg's have not changed since the release of the base F-14 Extended (v2.00), so modifications made for 3rd party liveries or removing active mirrors (P3D only) can be retained.

Change Log

+ Fix issue that caused the throttle to lock for some users

+ Fixed E-Gen lua command

+ Fixed AP DISC Paddle

+ Fixed condition where aircraft would lose ground power after parking brake release (GP can still be toggled with lua command)

+ Improved DDD power OFF-Standby-XMIT logic

Thanks all for the kind words, I'm just glad we got the throttle issue sorted.

1 hour ago, Weaponeer said:

AP disconnect also turns AFCS pitch and roll off.

This is intended, and correct according to the NATOPS and pilots. All of the lua commands are at the end of Volume 3. You can also look directly at the lua file in the modules directory, it has a comprehensive header with all the function listed.

Will this file be uploaded to the  FAQs/updates section of the Aerosoft site for those of us that purchased the product from places like Fspilotshop?
current version shows 2.0

• jcagle pinned this topic

John,

I downloaded the F-14X Extended version 2.1. However, I am only getting between 10-20 fps (which is considerably under what I got with my previous F-14X version). I have a very strong computer (Intel i7-4960X 6 core 4.1 GHz and Nvidia GTX Titan Z with GDDR5). I am using FSX. Is there any mitigation for this unsatisfactory loss of fps?

Bill

There is no optimization on this plane and it's a shame because it is possible to have a complex plane properly optimize the F-18 VRS is proof

8 hours ago, Geoair said:

There is no optimization on this plane and it's a shame because it is possible to have a complex plane properly optimize the F-18 VRS is proof

Based on?  I believe a number of us are using the F-14 without problems.  The VRS is also very good, but depending on the situation, it is just as heavy, worse, or better than the F-14 on my system.

On 3/25/2016 at 10:41 AM, Geoair said:

I don't understand your question or assumption? Anyways I hope your not comparing the F-14X to the VRS! or trying to degrade the F-14X ? Can you elaborate on what needs to be optimized?

yeah! i agree with Geolar and Ace of Base...there is something definitively wrong with the F-14X...i have 35 fps with the F-18 VRS but i have only 12 fps with that plane! I mean...P3D have a very old and bad designed game engine but is this enough to justify this HUGE frame loss?

What framerates do u guys get? and with what Pc specs?

I'm getting 20-30 FPS which is pretty OK. Just make sure you turn the mirrors off (if you use P3D), they cost around 10 FPS for me.

(i7-920, 16G RAM, GTX950)

3 hours ago, reflected said:

I'm getting 20-30 FPS which is pretty OK. Just make sure you turn the mirrors off (if you use P3D), they cost around 10 FPS for me.

(i7-920, 16G RAM, GTX950)

hey dude! how do you turn them off??

5 minutes ago, LT StarBuck 107 said:

I recommend getting the Fiber Accelerator. It will boost your FPS to higher levels of performance.

http://www.thefsps.com/fsx/fsps-fsx-fiber-accelerator.html

i already tweaked the cfg files for that, from 7fps i ended up having 18fps-35fps, still unsatisfactory. P3D have a very bad and ill-programmed game engine. I almost stopped flying with this software and i have almost completely migrated to DCS. As soon as Leatherneck and ED are going to release the F-18 and F-14 i will completely uninstalll P3D and forget about it. Somebody have to code a NEW "P3D" and let this one die.

1 minute ago, squadone7o2 said:

mine runs great at 32 fps capped.

(i7 5960x, geforce titan Z, 64gb ram)

sadly i do not have a NASA level PC

by the way...why my reputation have a "-1"? did i say something wrong?

well Ace of Base actually has a similar setup as mine and hes only getting 10 frames so im guessing it has nothing to do with setup, maybe the FSX version? im using steam version and alot of add ons

2 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

That's fine AntonioCoD but this forum is not intended to tell everybody how bad P3d is (according to our customers it is the best simulator). So please find another non-commercial forum to do so.

an answer from the boss?! thank you :) i used to work in commerce and i know how things works, of course we can not say anything here but good stuff...your forum yours rules...but instead of putting a "-1" on my profile why you did not helped me with a constructive reply? 

"-2" now? thanks everybody. Fanboys.

• jcagle unpinned this topic

Archived