P3D Compatibility List

Hello everybody!

I have a question regarding the capability list for P3D and Aerosoft Products.

I recently switched from FSX to P3D V3.1. It's a completely new setup on my iMac. The Windows partition was created from scratch with Bootcamp. No other simulator ever was installed before installing P3D I checked all my purchases from the online store whether they can be installed in P3D or not. Most of them can't because they're simply to old. However a few products like US Cities Las Vegas and Chicago as well as Manhattan X are listed to work with P3D.

Mega Airport Munich is neither listed in the compatibility list nor can this add-on be found if I filter the products page for the P3D simulator. But if I look at the file name in my account of the download shop it states that it is/was compatible with P3D: "AS_MEGA-AIRPORT-MUNICH_FSX-P3D-FSXSTEAM.zip". I installed Munich without a problem. The only thing I had to do was to select the main P3D folder manually. Than the installer detected the necessary files (even though I have P3D V3.1 instead of V2.X that is mentioned in the installer screen) and installed the airport.

At day time I can't see any faults. Maybe there's something wrong with the PAPI lights but that's a minor item. The PAPI lights disappear as soon as I pass the aiport fence. Altitude doesn't matter. I flew several touch&goes on 08R on the glide slope as well as below and above. The lights always disappear when I pass the fence. The light assembly can always be seen (the metal construction that holds the bulps of the PAPI system). Only the red and white lights go out of view.

However, at night, there are no runway lights at all. I flew over to Erding and the lights of this airport, that I don't have an add-on for, work as they should. So it seems as only Munich has the light problem and everything is ok with the P3D standard scenery. Next to the missing runway lights at night the entire airport seems to stay in daylight mode. The grass is still green, the terminals are not lighted etc. Everything is darker than during daytime but it's still daylight-mode. I also installed the seasonal textures for winter. But it didn't make any change to the scenery's problems within P3D.

Wouldn't it be a good idea to create a more detailed compatibility list that enables the clients to see which product works under which version of P3D? I know it's a bunch of work. And I know this list will never be finished as Lockheed Martin keeps updating the simulator. (I just read about the new Version 3.2 that was released hours after my 1st setup with P3D ever.)

Or is there a chance that Aerosoft creates updates of its products that work on all P3D versions with only 1 installer? Of course the adoption after a release of a new P3D version takes time. No flaming on Aerosoft here. But if I remember correctly the installer of US Cities Las Vegas, for example, asks which version of P3D is installed (from V1 until V3)! Can't this be done with all products? I'm not a software guy. I don't know how much work has to be done to adopt the installer and the product itself. But the best and newest simulator is only half as good without Aerosoft sceneries.

I just wonder if it is still possible to satisfy the demands for all different versions of P3D or if, for example, all clients HAVE to switch to the newest version of P3D because Aerosoft can not support all (old and outdated) versions. As long as its still V3 (V3.1, V3.2, V3.X, V3.9999) an update is free for P3D clients I guess.

Greetings to all

Stephan

There is a list of V3 ready scenery, but it is very small in amount of aerosoft products, when you look into websites as simflight, you can see that many sceneries

will be not updated because there are new versions in development by other companies,  like amsterdam, madrid, paris cdg, Stockholm, innsbruck, san franisco, madeira

so I am sure aerosoft will not release an update P3D V3.0 updated installer for outdated airports.

in fact most airports build for Prepar3d  V2.0 - V2.5  work fine in V3.0 , 

airports made for FSX and P3D V1, have often irregularities when installed in V3.0 ,

• 2 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, Stephan737CL said:

Thank you for your replies! The AirDailyX list is much more up to date than Aerosoft's own list.

Thanks! I making lots of efforts to get it complete and up-to-date. Feel free to send me via the link any comments or things I missed so it will be added to the list.

Amos

• 1 year later...

Aerosoft is terrible at not only poorly advertising the real level of P3D compatibility, but in showing much interest in updating its products. Thus issue has been raised many times and it's ignored and customers get caught out

in all honesty, do what others now do, buy directly from the actual designer who often gives far more customer support, or buy Aerosoft products from other resellers who give better support than Aerosoft.

finally, avoid Aerosoft products as unlike other companies, they rarely update their products, even for a small fee.

Customer service is simply not a high priority on their agenda.

Signed by a customer bitten too many times.

Archived