F-14 X versus F-14 X Extended

" TacPack is not presently compatible with P3Dv3.X, only v2.5. "

" In theory the F-14 Extended will be compatible with TacPack v3.X when that version is released...but we won't know until then. "

Thank you for verifying.

I do not have P3Dv2.5 installed so I will have to wait for the TacPack for P3D V3x update.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, r6_racerx said:

Hello,

I was able to obtain the update by going to the Aerosoft store. On the left hand side under Service/Support select FAQ's/Updates. This brings you to the Aerosoft Update Database. Select Aerosoft F-14 Extended and then click on show support for selected product. When the page updates at the bottom you will see a zip file that can be downloaded. You will need to enter your product key to start the download.

I hope that this helps.

THX mate! Its working:)

Is it recommended you delete the old F-14X Version and Install the new extended version?  I deleted the old version and disable all firewall software.

Another thing In the FSX Select Aircraft It installed 17 F-14A varients in Aersoft section, and in a different select aircraft folder called Tom Stovall It installed 5 F-14B varients?

Why did it separate it instead of in Aerosoft section?

This may be of interest to those who purchased at PC Aviator Australia: The new version download link appears in your orders history but the download itself seems corrupt. The zip file I got is only 390 MB which should be 780 MB and cannot be opened/un-zipped. I have just opened a support ticket.

4 hours ago, Henk Schuitemaker said:

This may be of interest to those who purchased at PC Aviator Australia: The new version download link appears in your orders history but the download itself seems corrupt. The zip file I got is only 390 MB which should be 780 MB and cannot be opened/un-zipped. I have just opened a support ticket.

Do you use a download manager? If not, you may want to use one...

11 hours ago, r6_racerx said:

Hello,

I was able to obtain the update by going to the Aerosoft store. On the left hand side under Service/Support select FAQ's/Updates. This brings you to the Aerosoft Update Database. Select Aerosoft F-14 Extended and then click on show support for selected product. When the page updates at the bottom you will see a zip file that can be downloaded. You will need to enter your product key to start the download.

I hope that this helps.

Is this a stand alone installer, or just the update? Thanks for the heads up, downloading now.

Download the new version from where you purchased it, uninstall the previous version (backing up any repaints you installed after the fact) and install the new version.

13 hours ago, walterg74 said:

Do you use a download manager? If not, you may want to use one...

Thanks for the suggestion but even if I use a download manager (Firefox - DownThemAll! ) the downloaded file is still corrupt.

Hi I just downloaded the F14 extended and  when I load the airplane it says Visual model could not be displayed and I cant flight the aircraft, it does not appear on the screen. I used the version 1 before and it did not do that
Thanks for answering me

5 minutes ago, resolv204 said:

Hi I just downloaded the F14 extended and  when I load the airplane it says Visual model could not be displayed and I cant flight the aircraft, it does not appear on the screen. I used the version 1 before and it did not do that
Thanks for answering me

Did you completely remove all the files from the previous install before installing the update? And have you tried re-installing? It sounds like the model file got corrupted.

On ‎17‎/‎03‎/‎2016 at 5:03 AM, Henk Schuitemaker said:

Henk,

So did I.  Very disappointed in their package.  I also verified the details in the file showing supposed packed size vs what they have for d/l.  F-14X was approx. 800MB but this one is 390MB.  Couldn't someone work out is was corrupted?  Or did they not even test it?

On 3/6/2016 at 0:06 AM, LT StarBuck 107 said:

Thank you for working on all these systems. The F-14 will always be my favorite jet to fly It really is an iconic aircraft with an outstanding record.

You're quite on the annoying side Lt StarBuck.......you whine like a middle school teenager. Just shut your pie hole, put on your speed jeans and fly. Thank you!

From Lt Skywalker......Devil Dog and Hornet Driver.

• Aerosoft
16 minutes ago, Golando said:

You're quite on the annoying side Lt StarBuck.......you whine like a middle school teenager. Just shut your pie hole, put on your speed jeans and fly. Thank you!

From Lt Skywalker......Devil Dog and Hornet Driver.

And that comment gets you a ban of a month.

• 1 month later...

So far,there're so many reply and describe without lefted answer to the question about:

On 2016/3/7 at 6:51 AM, skunk160 said:

All customers of the initial release will get this version without any additional costs. They will find the new version on their order history page.

What about DVD customers?  I don't have anything in my order history page.

So,was that means the overlapping investment on the same facilities is unevadable because simply we didn't purchase from the webstore a year ago?

What that means is, if you bought it as the F-14x you get the F-14 Extended, they are the same product there was just a name change with the latest patch. 

That said I am not sure how those who purchased the DVD go about updating.

He should still be able to download where he bought it, I did. I do wish they would have sent us a replacement disc though, we bought it for a reason.

On ‎4‎/‎29‎/‎2016 at 10:59 AM, KL0083 said:

So far,there're so many reply and describe without lefted answer to the question about:

So,was that means the overlapping investment on the same facilities is unevadable because simply we didn't purchase from the webstore a year ago?

Hello,

I posted this back on March 17th.

"I was able to obtain the update by going to the Aerosoft store. On the left hand side under Service/Support select FAQ's/Updates. This brings you to the Aerosoft Update Database. Select Aerosoft F-14 Extended and then click on show support for selected product. When the page updates at the bottom you will see a zip file that can be downloaded. You will need to enter your product key to start the download."

I hope that this helps.

• jcagle unpinned this topic

Archived