F-14 X versus F-14 X Extended

• Aerosoft

The new release of the F-14 X will be renames into F-14 X Extended because so much has changed just a version number does not do it justice. 

All customers of the initial release will get this version without any additional costs. They will find the new version on their order history page.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

General Code/System Improvements
+ Fixed E-Gen Switch logic
+ Crew Visibility
+ Ground Power (Selectable)
+ "Speedbrake" no longer displayed with Flaps Down in 2D Mini-HUD
+ Contrails now display above ~32,000 ft
+ Fix Lua items in Manuals
+ Added 33 new lua function for new features (below)
+ Added Key Events for PITOT heat and Panel Lights
+ "REFUELLING' Message now displays in B model HUD for the A-6 Tanker
+ A-6 Tanker hook-up window increased to compensate for model clipping from the VC

Features
+ Added 3D landing light, ground illuminates (Thank you Anthony Lynch!!)
+ Many xml systems converted to C++ for more robust function
+ Auto Throttle logic improved and more robust
    * A model now exhibits more realistic cyclic type control system
    * B model now exhibits a smoother and more modern control system
+ All control surfaces now exhibit more authentic hydraulic response
    * Includes Rate limitations and time constant damped responses to control input (sourced from NASA)
    * Implemented (authentic) octogonal control response such that inputs are cut at the 'corners' of maximum combined control input
    * Strongly recommended that users push the controls around from an external view to see input-output delays and responses.

+ Wing-sweep, Flaps, DLC, and Glove vanes now directly animated through C++.

* Flap lever and sweep lever interface improved

* Animation state now directly corresponds with the augmented lift provided through SimConnect

* Wings will stop moving if any sweep interlock is encountered (e.g. if flaps are mid-retraction)
+ ARI/SAS system more authentic by implementing time-constants, damping, and other gain adjustments (all sourced from NASA). 
+ Built from scratch airspeed system that starts with Ambient Air properties and ends with Indicated Airspeed using NATOPS data
+ Steam gauges now exhibit errors in transonic flight and with the refuelling probe extended
+ DLC and Maneuver Flap Logic reworked
    - DLC ON/OFF Toggle (Implemented through EXT/RET Floats)
        * Only one button needed, both serve as a "toggle" function
    - DLC and Maneuver Flap Thumbwheel [Incr/Decr] (Implemented through INCR/DECR COWL FLAPS)
        * Thumbwheel is spring loaded to return to center
        * A pilot command input will be held until either cancelled by the pilot, or until the next scheduled CADC deflection 'intercepts' the current maneuver flap deflection 

RADAR-TACAN
+ Radar returns to previous setting after breaking lock rather than resetting
+ Change Kitty Hawk TACAN channel changed to 109.00 - 27X for better multiplayer compatibility
+ Added team SDB USS Enterprise at 110.50 - 42X
+ TACAN channels for all common carriers are now displayed on reference plate just below pilot TACAN input
+ TACAN/GPS data on BDHI removed in A2A or A2G modes
+ Added ability to change course setting with active TACAN
+ Added Friendly-Unfriendly track designation to TID
    * Tracks can be designated in TWS mode or STT mode, including when viewing through TCS (TacPack)

USS Kitty Hawk
+ FLOLS Lights do not Float away in P3D

+ Baked textures (Thank you Metal2Mesh!)
+ Improved and P3D v2.X and v3.X compatible wake effect (Thank you Vince McCoy!!)

RIO Stick is now active
+ Can be assigned to button input or take input directly from hardware joystick
+ Mode 1: Target Selection from the TID 
+ Mode 2: Target Selection from the DDD
+ Mode 3: Radar Steering in AZ and EL
+ Mode 4: Slew input for TCS and LANTIRN Targeting Pod (TacPack only)
+ Targets can now be identified as 'friendly' or 'hostile' 

TacPack
+ TACAN compatibility added for TacPack spawned carriers
+ P3D compatibility
+ Late model F-14's have C model AIM-54's
+ TCS now implemented with two (correct) zoom levels, rather than continuous zoom.
+ Added TARPS Digital Integration (DI)
    - Any TID mode other than 'TCS' mode with a Tarps pod installed will link video feed to VDI and TID
+ Brightness and Contrast knobs on the RIO TID adjust all TV images
+ Manual Chaff/flare dispense (uses DLC Toggle when GEAR UP)

Guns (TacPack)
+ Gun now fires 100 round salvos
+ Salvo size can be switched between 50 or 100 using lua input
+ Early trigger release can cause the gun to jam 
    * Gun jams are only simulated if compressor stalls are enabled
+ Guns now have dedicated A/G operation
    * Armed as primary A/G weapon if no bomb ordnance is selected, and Guns are selected in the Pilot's seat
    * Armed as secondary weapon using 'mixed' mode (RIO seat), enabling bombs and guns on a single strafing pass 

TCS (TacPack)
+ Corrected symbology
+ Can function as independent, radar slaved, or it can drive the radar

LANTIRN targeting pod (TacPack)
+ Area mode (static GPS) with Continuous Target Designation (CD) and Single Target Deisngation (SD) sub modes
+ Point mode (moving AI) with A/A and A/G sub-modes
+ Training mode (target practice)
+ P3D version implements pseudo-IR, so you can see AI even with low visibility

VC fixes from F-14 driver feedback
+ Wingsweep Indicator now contains Auto Mode caret and bracket for Selected Sweep Angle
+ Emergency Fuel Shut-off handles no longer rotate
+ Turn Needle animation fixed and re-colored to match historical progression
+ Gear Indicators fixed
+ Speed Brake indicators fixed
+ Slat indicators fixed
+ Horizontal Stab deflections fixed
+ ACM JETT converted to button
+ Canopy OPEN/CLOSE is now FORE/AFT sliding level
+ UHF Channel now rotates "around the horn"
+ Master Test Switch now rotates "around the horn"
+ Engine gauges on the F–14A (RPM, TIT, and FF) are white tape gauges, like the AOA and wing sweep indicators
+ F–14B, the gauges are small white segments and EGT replaces TIT as the temperature instrument
+ The engine nozzle position indicators are 1–5 in the F–14A and now 0–100% in F–14B

Caution and Warning Light Logic Rework
+ Master Caution Light does not reset CAW's, instead it alerts pilot of a new active CAW on the Master Caution Panel
+ Add Engine Stall Tone
+ BRAKES light is now on when Parking Brake is ON
+ Light colors
    - Warning lights: Black letters on red background
    - Caution lights: Yellow letters on black background
    - Advisory lights: Green letters on black background
    - Blanks: Horizontal line through
+ All lights illuminated during Master Test should revert to off once Master Test switch is pulled up
+ Master Test logic improved

Seven new Liveries by Tom Stovall
- VF-31 1987 #206, (F-14A Block 100, BuNo 160913) 
- VF-101 1994 #115 (F-14B, BuNo 163221)
- VF-111 1981 #212 (F-14A Block 90, BuNo 160686)
- VF-124 1989 #453 (F-14A Block 110, BuNo 162591)

F-14A BuNo 164342: This airframe was a D model aircraft is real life, and the personal ride of Craig 'Hutch' Hutchinson during his tours
with VF-2. Craig provided relentlessly detailed feedback that brought a new level of immersion to the front and back seat of the F-14. 
His aircraft is modeled as F-14A Block 110, because VF-2 never flew F-14B's. 

F-14A BuNo 157991: This was the 11th Tomcat built and was initially assigned to high speed testing. It made the first supersonic flight 
for an F-14 and eventually achieved a speed of Mach 2.41. In the late 70's it was transferred to NASA, where it was fitted with canards 
and an emergency chute to conduct spin tests. It was then used as the test bed for the development of the Aileron-Rudder-Interconnect 
that was implemented later in the F-14's life to improve stability in the landing configuration. More to the point of this project, it 
collected 6 DoF flight data that was directly used in the development of the flight model for out version of the F-14.

F-14 BuNo 159827: The infamous "Eagle Eater" flown by Joe 'Hoser' Satrapa at ACEVAL/AIMVAL at Nellis AFB in 1976. At ACEVAL F-14's and 
F-15's were pit against one another with no rules. Among the outcomes/events was the 8mm gun camera footage where Hoser traced the pipper 
from Pilot to Tail to Pilot on an F-15. In AIMVAL, Hoser figured out how to defeat F-15's armed with the (then) new AIM-9L with frontal 
lock capability. He would shut the engines down (OFF not idle), restart them in the vertical and then fly the aircraft 'like Mary lou Retton
on steroids", using asymmetric thrust to perform a low speed aerial cartwheel to evade and obtain guns solutions on the attacking F-15's. 

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very Niiice!!!!  (LSO)

I can't wait.

It probably goes without saying that this is probably how the 70's and 80's Tomcat Community felt about the B-model and how the 90's guys felt about the D-model. So, the anxiety I feel about getting to employ this legend of Naval Aviation to its fullest capability should reflect how we still feel about your original model - otherwise, we wouldn't be here.

Thanks for all your hard work, dedication and commitment - past and present.

-Shado

Thank you Mr.Kok and the hard working team for your devotion to this product and for being so kind to provide us with this highly respected upgrade.

Indeed, so many coding man-hours deserve at least the upgrade of its designation. The best thing is that we're in fact provided with it for free !!!

This isn't the norm and this exception is highly appreciated

All customers of the initial release will get this version without any additional costs. They will find the new version on their order history page.

What about DVD customers?  I don't have anything in my order history page.

Will those of use who purchased it through resellers such as pcaviator.com.au also have this available for download?

I will always remember these magnificent aircraft flying over our ship when we worked with the different carrier battle groups in the NWIO in 1981. 

Great work BTW guys.

I got a feeling we won't be expecting this as promised?... In that respect again take your time I'll be patient all be it as it may.

hope the manual will be easy to conprehend and intuitive. Thanks for such a great product. Remember don't work to hard, work smart.

Reffering to dc10boy question I too bought Tomcat from reseller - flightsimstore.com. Should we expect that our shops will provide new version to download or You provde us new install file or maybe should we register our copies on aerosoft portal (if yes how?)?

7 minutes ago, MikeNcali said:

I've had my F14x over a year now. So you are saying I have to pay for the update because I didnt buy it when it first came out???

Don't get your knickers in a twist...

Initial Release = Aerosoft F-14X (without the word "Extended" in the title.)

That means everyone who bought it before the pending update gets it for free. After release of the pending update, the product becomes Aerosoft F-14X Extended. Anyone who buys it after the update will get the the product with that title.

50 minutes ago, arbee said:

So far....no updates on history page.  Is there a glitch?

From the 1.20 preview thread

So I hate to be the bearer of a little bad news, but we're looking at a couple day delay.

Marhijs has a personal matter that's going  to keep him offline until the weekend and I have an out of state speaking engagement at a conference. The timing of the v3.2 patch was just right (wrong), to cause us to take a step back and get out of sync for a release today.

All the models were rebuilt with the v3.2 SDK last night and are in the hands of the testers. Even further, we have been testing and debugging the installer to make sure all the files land in the right places. This isn't trivial since we're making the F-14 compatible with five versions of MSFS and P3D.

With all that said, at this point there are no issues reported, so we should be releasing quickly once Mathijs is back online.

• Aerosoft
On 3/11/2016 at 8:12 PM, LT StarBuck 107 said:

Is it to late in the update design process to ask for a functional ejection seat  somewhat like in the VRS F/A-18E? I would pay for the extra safety feature. :rolleyes:

Sorry won't happen. The moment you jump our of the aircraft it's not really a flight simulator any more.

I know it's way too late, but has anyone asked or addressed the NWS turn radius?  I get about 30° of deflection. 1) Is that about right? 2) If this has already been asked & answered can someone kindly point me to the correct forum post?

9 hours ago, VCVW11-SHADO said:

I know it's way too late, but has anyone asked or addressed the NWS turn radius?  I get about 30° of deflection. 1) Is that about right? 2) If this has already been asked & answered can someone kindly point me to the correct forum post?

Yes it has been noted. I get by with differential braking using CH Pro pedals.

• jcagle unpinned this topic

Archived