A320 Weather Radar and P3D v3.1

BadPilot1966

I installed P3D v3.1 and the Aerosoft A320/321 as only AddOn. The weather radar seems not to work correctly: It's displayed as one red area (see screenshot). P3D also crashes very often after using the A320. When I'm trying to exit from P3D, Windows shows an error message: "Prepar3D exe does not seem to work correctly." (I'm using Win 7 64bit.) This does not happen with any other aircraft. What can I do? :mellow:

Please login to display this image.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Well, the WXR shows you the precipitation in your sim. How does the picture look like if you increase the range? At the moment you just look 10 miles ahead...

You say that the bus is your only add-on. Do you use any 3rd party weather engine or the P3D weather?

P3D v3.1 still have some known bugs which are confirmed by LM and will be fixed with a next update. See their P3D forums for details on that.

Hello Tom! First of all I'd like to thank you for trying to help me so fast! I'm using P3D weather. I did not install any other addon, because I'm trying P3D v3 for the first time and want to find out, if the A320 works correctly with my system.

I am actually having the same issue. But in the middle of a thunderstorm my WX shows up solid green or shows circular color bands that dont remotely correlate with the actual weather outside of the window or in ASN. Any fix for this? 

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hello IronKidz, 

you are not having the same problem. You use a different weather engine and your ND clearly shows different weather. 

The AS WXR shows the weather as it is in the sim. You see the result of what ASN injects into P3D. That is not necessarily the same what you see in the ASN window. 

Just increase the ND range further and you will see more different weather areas. 

After installing ASN the Airbus WXR sometimes works correctly, but only after increasing the WXR range to a very far distance. Very distant weather seems to be displayed correctly in this case (see screenshot), nearby weather is never shown correctly (only plain red or green areas as shown in the screenshots above).

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hello Andreas,

now you know how P3D injects a "major thunder storm" into the sim ;) It's exactly like that.

And the same is true of the screenshot made with ASN: this is exactly what ASN injects into the sim, and what will have an impact on your flight. It really doesn't matter, what ASN tells you in it's own windows. What matters is the weather in the sim, and that's like you see it on the ND.

Archived