How to use the PFPX weather?

Hi there, 

I recently just bought PFPX, and after some time learning how it all works I am now ready to make routes. I have even completed my first route with it! :) However I have noticed there is this feature with making PFPX set the weather for you - Is this true? I have setted the weather settings in the Config thing to Online, but I do not know how to make P3D actually use PFPX's weather. All I can do when I start up my P3D is to change the weather to P3D's default options. Can anyone help me? Thanks :)

• Deputy Sheriffs

PFPX is not a weather engine, but a flight planning tool. 

It can of course make use of the current weather to build proper flight plans.

For that you can either use the online weather being provided by the PFPX server or a 3rd party weather tool, like Aktive Sky Next. 

PFPX is a "weather receiver", not a "weather provider". 

Basically, PFPX is using whatever the real world weather is. So on FSX you should bet set to real world weather. This will keep both PFPX and FSX in relatively decent sync with each other.

I not sure I fully understand your question (I'm assuming you're not using a weather add-on) but if I understand you correctly the above should make sense to you.

8 hours ago, Tom A320 said:

PFPX is not a weather engine, but a flight planning tool. 

It can of course make use of the current weather to build proper flight plans.

For that you can either use the online weather being provided by the PFPX server or a 3rd party weather tool, like Aktive Sky Next. 

PFPX is a "weather receiver", not a "weather provider". 

Oh... So basically PFPX is only to see how the weather is in-game if I use something like Active Sky Next? 

3 hours ago, nealmac said:

Basically, PFPX is using whatever the real world weather is. So on FSX you should bet set to real world weather. This will keep both PFPX and FSX in relatively decent sync with each other.

I not sure I fully understand your question (I'm assuming you're not using a weather add-on) but if I understand you correctly the above should make sense to you.

No, I am not using a weather add-on. But in P3D I can not really see what you mean about enabling it to real world weather. I think it's only in FSX you can do that, however I am using Prepar3d. 

• Deputy Sheriffs
14 minutes ago, TheNuttyDane said:

Oh... So basically PFPX is only to see how the weather is in-game if I use something like Active Sky Next? 

Sort of...

PFPX can be supplied with weather information from it's own server or via other sources like ASN. It is not "looking into the sim" for the weather. You get best planning results if your sim and PFPX use the same weather and this can only be achieved if you use external weather sources. It is possible to use PFPX server for the weather in PFPX and ASN in your sim. Both provide quite similar weather, so the impact on your flight plan and flight is more or less identical. 

If you want to have it 100% correct you should use the same weather source on both sides, like ASN in PFPX and within the sim.

Archived