MCDU Company Route "not in database"

NoyonB

Hi. First of all I'm a complete noob to flight sims.
Please forgive me if the question is obvious to some of you!

I have Windows 10
I'm running an administration ID in Windows.
I have bought & installed Prepar3d V3.1.2
I've got the complete range of Aerosoft Airbus a318/319/320/321 aircraft
I've got a couple of UK2000 Scenery packs for Edinburgh & Belfast installed
I'm also using Active Sky Next SP4 to give me weather data.

I'm trying to work out how to get Company routes to work in the left side MCDU.
I've had a look at previous forums but nothing in there helps to resolve it for me.

So far I've:
Changed the airbus config between Navigraph and NavDataPro. That didn't work resolve things
Checked that the plans are in the "Users\Me\Documents\Prepar3dFiles\Flight Plans" directory. And they are.
They are PLN file type.
I've created a new FP's with the Prepar3d planner, and ensure they were in the same path but they wouldn't load. ("Not in Database")
I've also tried the rfinder free/Simroutes approach to creating Fp's - saving as FSX type path but again, "Not in Database" when I
try to enter the data into the "Co Route" part of the mcdu

One previous post asked what happens if you put the codes into the From/To field. They go in there no problem at all.
The database it's trying to check against displays as 15OCT11NOV/15. Which seems reasonably current to me!

It's probably something very obvious....but sadly at this point not to me!
The plans seem to have a ICAO-ICAO.pln filename, but I don't understand the link between the ICAOICAO01 format the MCDU expects
and the Windows filename style and how they link to each other. This may be part of the problem. (Or it could just be me :-(  )
Or maybe there's something else I need to get for it to work properly?

Any help would be very welcome.
Thanks

46 minutes ago, NoyonB said:

They are PLN file type.

Using PFPX, you'll need to export your flight plan specifically for the Airbus, which has a .FLP file extension.  The generated flightplan file needs to go into the:

C:\Users\[USER NAME]\Documents\Aerosoft\Airbus\FlightPlans  folder.

48 minutes ago, NoyonB said:

The database it's trying to check against displays as 15OCT11NOV/15. Which seems reasonably current to me!

AIRAC cycles change each month, however if you're flying offline then the AIRAC data base you have will be sufficent so long as you use the same AIRAC for PFPX.

I hope the above information is helpful!

Happy Flights!

• Deputy Sheriffs

It is important that the airbus and the flight planning tool you are using use the same AIRAC cycle. 

You wrote that you create your flight plans with P3D. That is not a flight planing tool at all. If you use that other mentioned planner make sure that the AIRAC cycles are identical. 

If you use a flight planners to export the flight plan you have to export it for the Aerosoft airbus, not for P3D. 

Alternatively you can also use the left MCDU to enter the flight plan manually step by step. 

All details (where to store a flight plan file to) and how to enter a flight plan manually can be found in the step by step guide, which is part of the many manuals that come with the bus. 

Archived