unstearable/rolls backward after PB

bobterri6

Just installed FSX-SE on Windows 10 after having it installed on a Windows 7 computer that pooped out.  I never had the following problem on the Windows 7 computer.   At two airports, Aerosoft's EDDM, gate 222 and a freeware KCLT (don't remember the gate), I used the pushback function through the right MCDU.  I used varying distances of pushback, and when I ended pushback with SHFT-P, I began taxiing and immediately I could no longer steer the airplane and it began rolling backwards.  SHFT-P wouldn't stop the roll backward.  I had to abort the flight.  Putting emergency brakes on would not stop the rollback.  

I thought it was just an anomaly with the freeware KCLT airport so I removed the freeware and got Imaginesim's KCLT and haven't had the problem since.  However, just last night I had the problem again at EDDM. I tried a couple of different gates, all the same.  Finally I applied a significant amount of thrust to get the plane going forward and used differential braking to turn the plane.  Of course I couldn't turn very well and ended up off the taxiway, but finally got to 26L.  It was ugly!  As soon as I made it to 26L the steering returned and I took off and finished the flight with no problems. 

I noticed from a post in for forums on Jan. 20, 2013 that there was a very similar problem.  If I remember rightly, SHFT-P stopped the rollback.  Not so for me.

Additionally, I have flown twice since the first posting, one at EDDM with the same parking stand and I allowed the pushback application to finish the pushback procedure and did not use SHFT-P.  I had no problem. I flew another flight from KMSP and didn't use SHFT-P there either to stop the pushback and, once again, no problem.  It seems the problem occurs sometimes, but not always, when using SHFT-P to prematurely stop the pushback procedure.

Shift+P is an FSX command and is not required if you are using the START PUSH command from the right MCDU. When the a/c has been pushed the required distance as input on the MCDU you will be advised by the ground crew to set parking brakes. In respect of the steering issue, I have found that if you press the Y key (for slewing) then Y key again that seems to do the trick.

Yes, I am going to stay away from the SHFT-P command.  The reason I have used that command in the past is because sometimes i don't estimate the right distance when I am pushing back using the START PUSH command so I need to stop the pushback.

Thanks for the Y key suggestion.    

I guess the only remaining question I have is how do you interrupt the pushback if you have misjudged distances?  If SHFT-P causes this glitch what other way is there to stop pushback?  Or maybe there isn't one?

Archived