Aerosoft EDDF V2 will probably be the only version of EDDF. Flightbeam EDDF is dying!

maukro_1990

Hello everyone. It seems that Aerosofts EDDF (V2) will be the only high quality version of our loved Frankfurt Airport. The other developer has big problems about getting permissions by Fraport etc (http://www.flightbeam.net/development-status-update-feb-9-2016/). It´s not really bad i think. Aerosoft will make a stunning scenery. The biggest problem with sceneries of Flightb.... is the huge impact on performance. I´m sure that Aerosofts EDDF will be high quality with a good performance. What do you think about this news? 

At the moment the project is delayed, not dying. So let's see what happens in the future. I also can not confirm your performance problems with any airport under P3D v3.1 (don't know what system and sim you are using).

Statements about the quality of any unreleased product are not possible for me so we will have to wait until we get anything and try out ourselves.

Vor 1 Stunde, FloRyan sagte:

At the moment the project is delayed, not dying. So let's see what happens in the future. I also can not confirm your performance problems with any airport under P3D v3.1 (don't know what system and sim you are using).

Statements about the quality of any unreleased product are not possible for me so we will have to wait until we get anything and try out ourselves.

I´ve got a very high end PC but i´ve got performance problems with flightbeam products in FSX. Don´t know why. 

Speaking of EDDF v2 I was quite surprised to see that it was actually offered for sale in the Aerosoft Carnival sale that took place these past few days, although only offered as a boxed version, not a download.

Box availability was listed as sometime in late March, and I am fully aware that we should not count on these dates for un-released products. But still I'm thinking that since Aerosoft actually decided to advertise this product as part of a sales campaign, it must be imminent.

I just checked the Previews section on the Forum, but the EDDF v2 thread there remains locked, as it has been since June 2015. I would have thought that it had been re-opened, maybe even with some new screen shots, if the product is nearing completion.

So without asking for release dates (I know it's a no-no!) I was wondering if anyone from Aerosoft would give us an update on the general status of this project?

7 minutes ago, Tom A320 said:

The offer in the "Carnival" sales campaign was a mistake as Mathijs stated here:

Ah, sorry, but I don't read the German-language forums, so I had not seen that reply.

But any chance still of an update in general terms? Is it being worked on for the time being, or has it been put on hold indefinitely?

2 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Indeed, and that moment is not far off. The project is close to beta testing.

That was exactly the kind of information I was asking for.

Thanks, Mathijs :-)

vor 3 Stunden , Mathijs Kok sagte:

Indeed, and that moment is not far off. The project is close to beta testing.

This is wonderful news! Hope to see an update on that one in the not too distant future. :)

vor 15 Minuten, Mathijs Kok sagte:

Thank me when it is released, not before, lol. Projects like these have the nasty habit of slipping schedules.

We noticed that already. ;)

But in any case, I guess it's still good news that the project will reach a new stage soon. For someone like me who already feared that the project might be dead this is a relief indeed. ;)

30 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Thank me when it is released, not before, lol. Projects like these have the nasty habit of slipping schedules.

Any news on a possible release schedule? (3 months, 6 months, 1 year...)

I do not have a top notch PC but my Flightbeam airports are perfect as to FSP etc.

Like another forum member I would have liked to have a choice which product I would buy.

According to the Flightbeam forum Fraport, which gave Aerosoft access to the airport, suggested that they ask Aerosoft to share the photo's images.

I can understand that Fraport cannot let everyone have access to the airport as a matter of security giving the time we all live in.

• Aerosoft

But you can't seriously suggest that we share our source material with a competitor. We are always very friendly to any competitor but that would just be silly and the development team would be extremely unhappy. We are a rather serious company with close to 50 people depending on it, so a competitive edge is always welcome. As we do professional work as well we often get access where others do not.

Flightbeam made the decision to announce the project before they got the needed permissions. In hindsight that might not be the best decision. But it's a mistake I made many times, take for example Tel Aviv airport, only after I announced it did we learn that 50 cm imagery was not available ans promised, only 2 meter stuff (for security reasons Google and MS have the same resolution). That put that project on very shaky legs and I regret mentioning it. 

• Developer
6 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

But you can't seriously suggest that we share our source material with a competitor. We are always very friendly to any competitor but that would just be silly and the development team would be extremely unhappy. We are a rather serious company with close to 50 people depending on it, so a competitive edge is always welcome. As we do professional work as well we often get access where others do not.

Flightbeam made the decision to announce the project before they got the needed permissions. In hindsight that might not be the best decision. But it's a mistake I made many times, take for example Tel Aviv airport, only after I announced it did we learn that 50 cm imagery was not available ans promised, only 2 meter stuff (for security reasons Google and MS have the same resolution). That put that project on very shaky legs and I regret mentioning it. 

I agree with mathijs .
We are developing several spanish airports and is not easy to obtain permits here in Spain to enter the premises of an airport and make photographs .

Having contacts is a great advantage and that can not be shared .

and it is not always possible to obtain quality images from the perimeter of an airport.

I´m sure that we´ll never see EDDF by Fligbtbeam. I think they should cancel this porject for creating another airport which hasn´t a high quality version for flightsim. What about Capetown Intl. for example^^?! 

• 4 weeks later...

Archived