Limiting fps

reflected

I know it's not F14 related but i hope you might have the answer. 

I have 25-40 fps and it's pretty smooth. However, when I fly close to an ai it starts shaking back and forth over 30 fps. Therefore, I have to limit it. 

In game limiter: if i limit it to 29 fps it drops to 19-20.  What happened to the remaining 10? No go. 

Tacpack limiter: it's an experimental feature and is not compatible with sweetfx. No go. 

Nvidia inspector: i can only limit the global profile, applying it to all games.  I can't find fsx in the dropdown list. 

Any advice please? Thanks!

type "MS Flight Simulator X" in NI dropdown for fsx profile.  It should show up after "MS..."  But I don't use the limiter in NI (or anywhere for that matter), so someone else will have to comment on that

Bruce

vor 14 Stunden , reflected sagte:

when I fly close to an ai it starts shaking back and forth over 30 fps

Normal AI aircraft usually dont demand a lot of CPU/GPU power and should eat only a few FPS if at all. What kind of AI are you flying close to?

10 hours ago, sLYFa said:

Normal AI aircraft usually dont demand a lot of CPU/GPU power and should eat only a few FPS if at all. What kind of AI are you flying close to?

Any AI. They don`t demand anything, that`s not the problem. The problem is that when FSX runs over 30 FPS all AI planes start to "vibrate", shake back and forth, because of therate FSX refreshes their position. That`s why I was advised to limit the FPS to 29. It does solve the problem, but with unlimited FPS I get 32-35, and if I limit the FPS to 29 in any way I get only 18-20 in all situations.

Archived