SAITEX X52 and FSUIPC and saitek Drivers

Hi everyone, i would like to have an informaton. I use the airbus with a saitek X52 all the joystick profile is set up thru FSUIPC. Now i am wondering in case I am using FSUIPC and so the controll in FSX are disabled, is it necessary to install the driver of theX52 or it is not necessary ?

Thanks 

Alfredo Russo

I don't remember downloading any drivers, for me it was plug and play and I use FSUIPC to avoid my controllers disconnecting (with FSX controls disabled to avoid control issues) due to Windows 8. I do have one issue and that's is at 25% throttle position on my saitek throttles I see roughly 52% N1 on the IAE engines but for CFMs it's near enough 25/30%. Apart from that my controls are smooth so I think there is a little calibration error somewhere that hopefully I will have time to sort out on a later date. 

hi thanks for the reply. Well i have no problems with the throttles bt aa slow problem wth the joystick that even if moved on rightand left need a huge deflection to slightly move the plane. Anyway in ur fsuipc setting what is the vakue of the null zone you set? 

For the bus to move for example a heavy A321 I normally use about 40% N1 initially to gradually move and then lower the throttles as the speed increases. When you say a lot of throttle could you translate throttle movement into a rough percentage and also what N1 percentage do you see on the upper ECAM when your throttle sticks are at 50%. I have my laptop with me but not my throttles as I'm not at home, my throttles in FSUIPC are sent to FS as normal axis so I haven't calibrated them through FSUIPC as I get all sorts of problems so I reset them on the joystick calibration page and will sort out my minor calibration issue another time.

no i do not have problems with throttles. Only with axis calibration that dont respond to the inputs fast enough. I mean with any other plane when i move the joystik on right or left the plane  roll on right or left accordingly. With the airbus i need to move the joystick much more to have a small roll. It is like there is no input or the deadzone is wrongly calibrated.

Ohh I see what you mean, have you set up your controls with FSX first and tbh there is a aerosoft set up page somewhere around, I'm a little busy right now but as soon as I'm done I will help you out if you still haven't sorted out this issue but all I know is that the null position should be 0 and sensitivity maximum and you will feel the real bus, anything out of those ranges will make the bus more sloppy and unrealistic. 

Iv tried to calibrate my controls via FSX and that doesn't go to well so I set mine to default calibration (works well without FSUIPC) and then deactivate controls in FSX (due to Windows 8 disconnect issue). To be honest I don't know what my controls are calibrated to because every time I calibrate my controls in FSX it keeps on jumping from 0 to 50% (non defualt) and then rising to 100% throttle. When I calibrate my controls via FSUIPC the aircraft generates power as usual but the thrust leavers don't move nor do the blue arrows on the EPR gauge move in the Airbus meaning I can't set autothrottle positions :-/ iv spent hours trying to get my controls to work properly with FSUIPC and my saitek throttles but no luck with the Aerosoft Airbus, the defualt aircrafts work fine with FSUIPC in case you were wondering but not the bus.

I believe it's software, you can use fsx calibration to visually see your inputs and determine if it's hardware but for my minor issue it is definitely software and an issue beyond my understanding so far until I have time again to spend a possible 1-3 hours trying to sort it out lol. 

When I'm back with my controls I will do some testing and I will update you, just to let you know I have not had a joystick issue, I will show you my settings etc probably Thursday evening UTC

Archived