Turbulence?

Hello all.

Enjoying the A318-A321 bundle. Great planes. Starting to get the hang of them. My question though is how do you experience turbulence in them? I have watched a few videos that seem to show the plane bumping around from turbulence but in my game it feels like I am riding on a train. Smooth. I have turbulence on in ASN but so far no luck in experiencing any. 

Any help or advice would be appreciated!

Thanks!

• Deputy Sheriffs

If there is turbulence then ASN will make sure you also see it. You will notice it by a "rocking" VC view and maybe the autothrust doing its best to remain on speed.

Make sure to not put the ASN turb setting higher than 40. More than this might cause the AP to drop out and or crash the aircraft. This has to do with how AS designed the Airbus.

Thanks for the reply. In regards to the VC view, is that the only view that shows turbulence? I usually use the CP panel view as that's the one that lines up with the 'captain's seat'. VC always seems a bit close to the windscreen.

Thanks again! 

• Deputy Sheriffs

You have to have some sort of outside reference. With the standard Airbus software (not ezdok or opus) it is not so much a rocking VC but more like seeing the aircraft "sway". This is the same for every aircraft in FSX/P3D and nothing "special" has been programmed for the Airbus with regard to turbulence.

Archived