Mathijs Kok

Approaching Innsbruck

I bet that the airport isn't as ready yet as the surrounding scenery. Apparently they felt urged by JustSim's release to go public with their Innsbruck project in order to draw customers' attention to their scenery and not to JustSim's.

3 hours ago, FWAviation said:

I noticed, for example, that just like in their Nice scenery, they didn't even take the time or attention to include runway centreline lights.

Wow, that's bad news because I already bought JustSim's LFMN but haven't tried it out yet. So just to make sure I understand you correctly, when landing at LFMN at night you pretty much won't see the runway. Is that correct?

For all of you saying it's hard to understand why some developers choose to do the same airports when there are so many other airports that are missing.

To me the answer is quite obvious - the main goal I would guess for most commercial developers is to make money...not to make sure the coverage of airports represented in the sim world is as high as possible. If you are a developer of course it makes sense to do the airports where you think the demand is the highest regardless if some other developer is working on the same airport as long as you think your one will be the better one and especially if you think you will be able to release your version before the competitors.

For me being a customer I certainly will always vote with my wallet and I think it's a great thing with competition in this rather niche market where actual competition has in some regard been missing for far too long IMHO.

• Upvote 4

vor 14 Minuten, WebMaximus sagte:

Wow, that's bad news because I already bought JustSim's LFMN but haven't tried it out yet. So just to make sure I understand you correctly, when landing at LFMN at night you pretty much won't see the runway. Is that correct?

No. You will see the runway, because they modelled the runway edge lights as well as the approach lights. But the runways apparently have no centreline lighting, judging by the screenshots and videos I've seen of JustSim's LFMN.

• Upvote 1

Interesting...

Ok, will check that out when I install the scenery and will also check out what it looks like IRL.

1 hour ago, WebMaximus said:

For all of you saying it's hard to understand why some developers choose to do the same airports when there are so many other airports that are missing.

To me the answer is quite obvious - the main goal I would guess for most commercial developers is to make money...not to make sure the coverage of airports represented in the sim world is as high as possible. If you are a developer of course it makes sense to do the airports where you think the demand is the highest regardless if some other developer is working on the same airport as long as you think your one will be the better one and especially if you think you will be able to release your version before the competitors.

For me being a customer I certainly will always vote with my wallet and I think it's a great thing with competition in this rather niche market where actual competition has in some regard been missing for far too long IMHO.

+1000

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, WebMaximus said:

i'm pretty sure that if you can get a refund if you bought it on simmarket :)

I think you have the right attitude to deal with the situation, Gianni. Do something because you like it, and the outcome will be positive. I am holding back to buy LOWI until your scenery is released, especially because your's will be adapted to Flugwerk's Austria HD West.

Hello Gianni,

I suppose I am a current customer if you authored the previous version of Approaching Innsbruck for FSX.  I am now a P3D simmer, so I am looking forward to getting to the destination again on that platform. As I am somewhat frustrated by what I feel is a slow pace at which Aerosoft is making FSX sceneries available for P3D, I am happy that this FSX favorite is en route from you.

My request, which I believe will place your scenery competitively, is to optimize and keep VAS in mind.  I like to fly heavy iron, and, since you can use one hand to count the number of high-fidelity, in-depth airliner add-ons that work in P3D, most of these aircraft are VAS intensive despite what the publishers/developers say otherwise.  Commonly, the various add-on providers (scenery, aircraft, textures, weather)  tend to think of the "other guy" when they indicate that we need to watch what addons we use.  The degree to which airliner addons and scenery are coordinated is piecemeal at best.  So, If you could keep the VAS in mind, I know I would be grateful as I would love to fly the Aerosoft Airbus into LOWI again.

Kind Regards!

On 1.9.2016 at 05:32, ahuimanu sagte:

Hello Gianni,

I suppose I am a current customer if you authored the previous version of Approaching Innsbruck for FSX.  I am now a P3D simmer, so I am looking forward to getting to the destination again on that platform. As I am somewhat frustrated by what I feel is a slow pace at which Aerosoft is making FSX sceneries available for P3D, I am happy that this FSX favorite is en route from you.

My request, which I believe will place your scenery competitively, is to optimize and keep VAS in mind.  I like to fly heavy iron, and, since you can use one hand to count the number of high-fidelity, in-depth airliner add-ons that work in P3D, most of these aircraft are VAS intensive despite what the publishers/developers say otherwise.  Commonly, the various add-on providers (scenery, aircraft, textures, weather)  tend to think of the "other guy" when they indicate that we need to watch what addons we use.  The degree to which airliner addons and scenery are coordinated is piecemeal at best.  So, If you could keep the VAS in mind, I know I would be grateful as I would love to fly the Aerosoft Airbus into LOWI again.

Kind Regards!

Yes this is also in my mind. I will try my very best to provide you guys with a scenery in P3D and FSX which you can fly. Really fly not just observing in a kind of screenshot contest.

Gianni, JustSim doesn't have Axams Church! :) Most important visual reference point that you're going to put in your scenery! :) 

• Upvote 1

Hi Guys,

here's a short Video of the Approach Lights (Blitzlichkette) which are running trough the whole City of Innsbruck. Its our main goal to represent the Aeronautic Facilities to give you the chance to fly even in bad Weather ..... more to come ...

happy Flying

Chris

Anfluglichter.mpg

• Upvote 2

And heres another one showing a short Walk on the Apron and the Things we could switch on/off with SODE.

Notice the shadows from Buildings and Light Poles (if activated within P3D settings).

Next Time i will show you the Precipitation Effect on the Runway and Apron.

Stay Tuned ...

Chris

636098871185667112.mpg

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, designteam said:

Hi dear all,

Yes we are progressing. We reworked the entire ground (hope to be able to post some screenshots here) and in addition I am still about to re-engineer some construction work on the main apron. The old-fashioned part of the terminal building which was used for the luggage handling was deconstructed (in reality) and replaced with a brand new building. I am still waiting for the plan details because for the time being just the raw building is being finalized (though the window panel is visible). In addition we are placing the objects according to a new strategy to avoid an overload with texture calls.

Keep you posted!

Great news! :)

I'm not a necroposter but find this place to be the right place for my Q...

I'm looking to extend my Add-on's with a rendition of LOWI. I know the other 2 alternatives on the market. Since above post, LM released P3Dv4 and I have to ask if this project is still on or already burried...

BR,

Gerald