DDRMI VOR 2 needle always points to 3 o'clock

freddy4242

As my PC is not powerful enough for the latest Airbus A320/321, I am still using the Airbus X Extended. I have version 1.16 installed with Hotfix 19 (HF_019_APFBW.zip) applied.  I believe that was the latest, and last, patch and hotfix for this version of the aircraft.

Can Aerosoft, or any other user still flying the Airbus X Extended, confirm if the VOR 2 needle on the DDRMI works or not.  Mine is always stuck fast at the 3 o'clock position. This, despite VOR 2 being auto-tuned (or manually tuned) and showing correctly on the ND, and the DDRMI showing DME information and/or fail flags appropriately. The VOR 2 needle just never moves.  Back in 2013, Joshua Che did suggest in the following forum post that this issue was corrected and would find its way in to the latest update/hotfix (http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/74169-ddrmi-after-hotfix018c-vor-2-needle-still-broken/). But, despite me having the latest/last patch and hotfix, my VOR 2 needle simply seems to be "jammed".

It's only a minor thing, but every time I fly the aircraft I find myself looking there and noticing it is stuck.

I have indeed tried a fresh install of the aircraft, after first having completely removed the aircraft from my PC ... but this did not resolve the issue.

So, I am after confirmation if the needle is indeed still "broken", or whether it is something specific to my installation?

(And, is it something that I can manually check in an XML file or something, or perhaps even manually edit and thus fix myself?)

• 2 weeks later...

Sigh.  I was hoping that someone still using the Airbus X Extended version would reply and confirm (or not) if their VOR 2 needle is indeed still "broken".

Or, at least see a reply here from Aerosoft.

My curiosity about this remains unsatisfied. :mellow:

Hi,

I can confirm that the RMI of VOR2 on the DDRMI is INOP with the Aerosoft Airbus Extended v1.16 with Hotfix 0.19 applied.

But to be honest after looking through older posts was this not finally predicted here.

I will still check ..., but even if this is wrong, it will be extremely low priority.

And after the publishing of Airbus A318-A321 the 'Extended' is no longer supported.

Regards

Jan

Thankyou frumpy.  I am disappointed it is "broken", but at the same time I am glad to have my curiosity finally satisfied that it is not something specific to only my installation.

And thankyou for the link to that post ... I am surprised I didn't find it in my own searches (I must have passed over it or something).

Yes, unfortunately (and also understandably) the Extended version is no longer supported, so it is something that I'll (we'll) just have to put up with.

Thanks again for the reply and confirmation.

Archived