Valencia X Elevation Issue

Wardd

Hi,

I just purchased Valencia X today and I am having some elevation issues with it. A few points first I have FTX Global installed but I do not have Vector installed. I had my anti virus off during the installation and I ran it as admin, I also carried out a restart afterwards. I run Windows 7 64 bit. I have no other products installed that would affect the elevation as far as I am aware. FTX Central was set to Global during the install and no regions were active. I do have My Traffic X installed but I have disabled the LEVC BGL file to off.

I appear to be having the same problem as someone began describing in the Valencia preview thread before it was closed, whereby the aircraft sits below the ground textures, I will attach screenshots to highlight this. If I pan the outside camera I can see the correct ground textures above me.  It is also similar in a way to the problem being described here:

I did not previously have SODE installed so I downloaded version 1.3, as the manual states this is the version to be used and it appears in the "Add on" menu now within FSX. I am using the classic version of FSX Acceleration. The manual for Valencia X states that SODE is not active in v1.0 of the scenery anyway. I have checked the suggested settings in the manual too and all is in order on my system.

The only other info that might be helpful is that Valencia X is on top of the Scenery Index and this happens regardless of the aircraft chosen. I have tried several start positions whether it be the active runway or random gates and the issue is always present. I have several scenery products installed from Aerosoft, UK2000, FlyTampa etc. and have not seen an issue such as this before.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Thank you.

2016-1-24_12-8-27-595.BMP

2016-1-24_12-8-11-315.BMP

2016-1-24_12-8-14-368.BMP

2016-1-24_12-8-40-915.BMP

No problem Wardd. 

Your problem looks like ALT file, that is located at FSX or P3D/Scenery/World/Scenery.

Our Valencia X only has a file there named: "LEVC_ALT.bgl". 

I know that you don´t have installed any Valencia scenery, but you need check that you don´t have the old akesoft Valencia, please make sure that you don´t have this file “LEVC_ADE_ALT.BGL” or something as this. Located on FSX/P3D/Scenery/World/Scenery.

If you have UTX, please check this.

On FSX or P3D Root folder, go to scenery/wolrd/scenery and find the file UTX_LEVC_EUR.bgl and renamed it to UTX_LEVC_EUR.BGL.off .

Regards.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Please attach your screenshots as jpg files, as they are much easier to view.

Also I cant not replicate your issue, even with tons of addons installed. Do you have any other addon installed which could interfere here? May be you should search for other bgl files with LEVC in its name

Please login to display this image.

I have checked the FSX /Scenery/World/Scenery and I have no file called  LEVC_ADE_ALT.BGL  (see screenshot attached) I never had the old akesoft Valencia installed.

I also do not have UTX installed.

I thought maybe My Traffic was causing a conflict but switching its bgl file to off achieved nothing. I cannot think of another add on that would have a specific LEVC file that could be causing a conflict. I have searched.

Please login to display this image.

Is that file in the download file that I could copy and paste it into the folder in question to save a fresh install?

If not otherwise yes I certainly will try another install.

I see what caused the problem now. I install most add on scenery on a second SSD as the main FSX SSD is almost full, I then remap the root for the scenery index. Obviously the   "LEVC_ALT.bgl" file could not be installed in the  FSX /Scenery/World/Scenery folder as I had not chose the main fsx folder during the initial install.

I use a copy of the fsx.exe on the other drive to allow installs of scenery. Apologies as this issue was entirely my fault for not using the main fsx folder. I have not come across this until now but it is worth watching out for.

Thank you for the help.

I just accessed the folder in question through a networked PC as I am currently running FSX on my flight sim PC, that's why FSX appears networked in my screenshot, sorry for the confusion.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

Archived