SOAR Needs A Director

Karen Hamilton

Don and I are hoping to find someone that will take SOAR over and keep it going online.  Don is recovering from 2 forms of cancer and is no longer able to be the director.  Scott has been doing a wonderful job as acting Director for the last several years, but he is unable to continue due to  other life commitments.  We thank him so much for all his hard work with SOAR. 

SOAR has been thru many changes thru the years and basically now is a repository.  It requires file maintenance and updating.  If you are interested and want to see SOAR stay online, please contact Don or Karen at director at virtualsoaring.org

Thanks for the kind words, Karen!  Hopefully someone will step in for at least 2-5 more years.  I haven't been paying that much attention to how many new products Aerosoft is producing for FS2004, but I think FSX is still doing strong.  Wolfgang Piper is for sure adding and updating for FSX, and I think FS2004 as well.  I cannot say how much we appreciate his long term devotion to most if not all of the Microsoft Flight Simulators.  And I'm very pleased with Peter Lurkens for his continuing progress of CumulusX!, I'm not sure where soaring in FSX would be without it.  I should probably mention that he also did work in FS2004 with Cumulus! as well.  So a  BIG THANKS  goes out to them both for keeping things alive for us soaring enthusiasts.  I'm wondering what SOAR would have done without these two people.  Anyway, when someone else does step up, I can possibly help out just a little here and there, but you are listening to a person that had no clue how to manage a website fully, and I still have some problems.  So if you need to have help, I can either have the answer or point to someone that may.

I forgot to mention the most important two people that has almost been with SOAR since it's beginnings.  Don & Karen, THANK You so much for not giving up on the site.  You two will definitely be missed when you go, but I will keep in touch.

Scott (sf4JC) Frerking

• 2 months later...

Hello Karen.  How close are you to making a decision to possibly close SOAR down?  Have you gotten many people expressing interest in the site?  How does one archive the message board to save all the wealth of information contained here for soaring enthusiasts?

Scott

Archived