Getting more Frames with Airbus A318/319/320/321

GermanCruiser

Hello,

I am using many different airport addons with the Aerosoft Airbus A318/319/320/321. The problem is that I only get appr. 25 fps on an airport (in the cockpit). I tried to set the settings to a lower level, but the problem remains.

The PMDG Boeing 737 works with more than 40 fps on my system, so the problem seems to be the aircraft.

I have already tried to set off the weather radar and although I couldn't find an "WX-Radar"-entry in my AB_ND_GDI.ini I added the lines described in this thread :

Doing that did not help. Now my question is whether there are other tweaks or possibilties to get more fps with the Aerosoft Airbus.

Thanks in advance.

Tim

Ok, my system is:

-Intel Core i7 3770K
-4x 3,5 GHz (Boost 3,9 GHz)
-16 GB RAM DDR3-1600
-ASUS GTX680 DirectCU II TOP  (Graficcard)
-Win 7 64 Bit
-SSD-Drive 250 GB

And here are the screenshots of the settings. Maybe there is a parameter which I hadn't seen but could help a lot to improve the frames especially

onboard the Airbus.

Please login to display this image.

Kind Regards

Tim

Your traffic & scenery slider are very high for the spec. I have a 4930k at 4.8ghz & 980TI and use sliders a notch or too less. 

Do you use Nvidia inspector to lock frames??

I would say traffic is the main issue here.

You could push your CPU to at least 4.6 no problem and gain a huge amount of benefit - What motherboard do you have?

I set all scenery parameters a bit lower (2 steps each) but I had only three fps more. Then I completely turned the traffic off and I had 35-40 fps. That was a great idea, thank you!

I am using MyTraffic 2013 for the traffic, what would you recommend for better fps with all this traffic? I thought MyTraffic would be a very framefriendly addon.

I have the ASUS P8Z77-VLX2 motherboard.

Best Regards

Tim

That's good news - I run traffic at 30%. Try 10% you would be surprised how much this gives you with plenty of traffic. 

With your board and a good CPU like the 3770k you should be able to get around 4.4 - 4.6 ghz if not higher. provided you have a decent CPU cooler.

I think that is the quickest win for you

That's a bit strange because I had it on 55 and all the airports had not really been full... All the years I used FSX I used only 30 percent and had sometimes problems to get the permission for landing because of way too much aircraft.

I will try the solution to push the CPU, thanks for this advice.

What traffic addon do you use?

My Traffic 6 - the latest one

I do think the performance is far better than the old versions I had. 

Another tip is reduce building autogen and increase trees. Less taxing and gives a very full visual. 

yes - 2nd screen in your settings - Scenery

Autogen Vegetation density & Autogen buildings density

I would also just use airline traffic if you are flying the Bus

Removing GA traffic will also help and not really effect your visual as you are operating at larger airports

here's a link for overclocking with your motherboard & CPU

Hi.

I'm not a big fan of overclocking.

One question. What Antivirus are you using?

Do you have Norton installed on your computer?

You have to disable the Antivirus and sonar at the FSX folder.

That gives me a lot more FPS.

The Sonar supervises any running programs.

That cost a lot of performance.

I have had the competely same problem with the airbus like u.

If u have Autoprotection or a Sonar or a Realtimeprotection DONT turn it completely off!!!

Just prevent the Antivirusprogram to scan the FSX Folder.

But u should scan the Folder occasionally by yourself.

kind Regards

Julien

Yes, that's right. Of course you should occasionally check your computer and the flightsimulator-folder.

But at the moment I am not running any sonar programmes.

Are there any other things which also cost a lot of performance?

Well I don't know many other problems.

But you should turn vSync on. The Game looks more smove at lower fps.

You can find a lot of really effective tweaks for your fsx.CFG here: https://kostasfsworld.wordpress.com/fsx-software-and-hardware-guide/

Haha now I noticed that you are fluend in German :D Look here: http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/103849-10-15fps-mit-airbus-x-a318a321-mit-highend-pc/&page=1

best Regards

Julien

vor 26 Minuten, The Dude sagte:

Vsync will never bring more frames but caps them. Vsync can make the sim smoother though.

On 19.1.2016 at 21:53, Julien.exe sagte:

But you should turn vSync on. The Game looks more smove at lower fps.

I didn't say anything else :D

Archived