• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm afraid the Hotfix did not fix the problem :-(

I have tried various actions and found that the problem appears to be with the 'Find' function in the 'Route Editor'.

I can generate a route, build it, validate it and export it. I can even make changes and all works as expected. However, when I enter a departure and destination and ask 'Route Editor' to 'Find' a route for me it crashes with the message "Professional Flight Planner X has stopped working".

I notice that the "Find" button is a faint yellow whereas all other buttons are white, whether this is significant I do not know.

I also note that the nav database NG1709 is being reported as out of date in the summary list at the bottom of the display. Again, is this relevant?

Another problem is that PFPX does not remember where FSX is.

Regards

Mike

There would appear to be something adrift Mike as the 'Find' button here remains white background and the FS path is not lost.

It looks like a change to the available time of the AIRAC has been made and now will show outdated, possibly from 00:01. New AIRAC 1710 in effect 14th Sep. As I recall the PFPX AIRAC swap over time used to be 09:00Z. The AIRAC should not affect the route find function.

Other than opening a support ticket at FlightsimSoft I could only suggest checking the .NET install as posted HERE , reinstall all vcredist versions you have listed in 'Programs and Features'.

Sent you a PM

Hello Stephen,

I am getting VERY tired of this! I have installed a lot of programmes onto my new computer over the past couple of days or so and ALL are working as they should except for PFPX!

PFPX has been a source of continuous problems ever since I bought the application; after many modifications and upgrades (fixes?) it is still, clearly, not as robust or as reliable as one would expect. Once again it just does not work as it should!

I don't know the machinations behind the programme so I am not in any position to do the producer's fault finding for him but that is what I feel I am doing and I am not doing a very good job of it, nor am I getting any substantial results.

I have installed all versions since 1.22 and all hotfixes and I get some results but then I get nothing.

I have given you as much as should be needed (it appears from all these installations that the yellow 'Find' button could be a key) for the producers to find a solution that works, in the past it has taken them an inordinately long time to solve the 'crashing' problem with hotfixes that only seemed to work until the next version release.

You have kindly given me a lot of vcredist files but I have no idea what I should do with them. I have replaced the two files in the PFPX folder and renamed them with no apparent results. Whether they are not the issue or whether I have not used them as you expected I cannot say.

I hope there is a solution to this problem soon as at the moment the programme is only occasionally functional.

Regards

Mike

The topic I previously linked and posted by Tom provides instructions on how to reinstall the visual basic runtimes HERE

The majority of user issues are fixed by reinstalling/updating the 2015 vcredist. Unfortunately not all of Microsofts distributed packages are equal even when named 2015SP3 that is why I keep known working versions of the packages I have installed. Program installs in the past have overwritten a working installation and caused FS to crash so the issue is not only applying to PFPX.

I have three PFPX installations with program crashes very rare indeed, two on WIN10 and the other WIN7, they run several hours a day.

I'm not providing official support for which you should as suggested raise a support ticket at FlightsimSoft

Archived