Server down tonight?

Jan 8th 2016 - anybody able to connect to the server? Just wondering, could be a problem on my end. Only affects weather download.

Please login to display this image.

It might not be the server... I'm constantly stuck with this "updating" message. I just renewed the subscription last night... is there a grace period? Any troubleshooting ideas?

• Deputy Sheriffs

Works fine here, everything got updated. Try to click on the weather symbol and then in the context menu click on "online"

It's not the biggest deal I guess, but I figure after activating my subscription, "the clock is running" so...

Would I not get notams/metars if my subscription was being denied- they are all current. It's just the winds that are not downloading it seems. 

7 minutes ago, bjratchf said:

yeah- even when I switch to ASN weather, then back to "online" it still is stuck on updating, and July 2015 winds. 

With PFPX closed try deleting ~LastWeather.tmp located \Public\Documents\PFPX Data\Temp

Restart and see if the weather updates.

Thank you guys for your help thus far... 

I deleted the ~LastWeather.tmp and restarted. It regenerated the file, however upon plan calculation, I get the warning "upper wind forecast not available" This tmp file is also 0KB in size- containing no data. 

Just to be double sure- I added an exception in the windows firewall to specifically let pfpx through, in case this was causing some problems. 

On Friday, 8 January 2016 at 1:25 AM, bjratchf said:

... ticket submitted.

did you get a response?

and/or

has the issue resolved itself?

i have had the same problem since the end of last week (last ran pfpx successfully on thursday) and no response to tickets to date. (v1.23, subscription expires in OCT16, notams and flex track messages download fine - just the weather will not update [including after deleting tmp files, cycling weather on/off and to weather engine and back to online])

this is an intermitent problem for some users (i've had it 4 or 5 times in the past year or so across multiple versions of pfpx) but it usually resolves itself within a day or so - but not this time (in my case at least).

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Chris,

I was able to get in touch with Judith. She said the same thing- intermittent problems for various users, but not an outage of the server. Somehow, the problem resolved itself for a day or two, and now it's back to being "offline" from where I'm sitting. She said they're working on an update to address the issue.

Archived