Mega Airport EDDB 1.12, loading scenery problems, please read. [P3Dv3]

gianluk81

Hi,

today install EDDB 1.12 on P3D v3...Installation don't have any problems...scenery add automatically on scenery cfg...conf tool works...but...

When loading P3D and start to EDDB, any position don't influence the problem, see the scenery without full details...see this pics...

Well...if open p3d library, in the menù, and simply, click ok, p3d loading library and...the scenery works with full detail.

Please help me...Only EDDB have this issue. I try to change scenery priority, try uninstall and reinstall (without antivirus active), i try to change more settings in conf. tool...but i have same problem. When loading EDDB, i have scenery with poor detail, reload library, scenery is ok.

Thanks

Gianluca

Please login to display this image.

• Deputy Sheriffs

We have experienced this issue on some systems and it seems to be a problem with P3D handling the loading of complex objects. LM has been made aware of this by the deveopers of EDDB (29plams). It happens mainly, when loading EDDB with a complex aircraft. 2 workarounds you should try:

1. load EDDB with a default aircraft ilike the F-22 and switch then to the complex aircraft.

2. Load the complex aircraft at another aiprot and switch then to EDDB

I am a very experienced FS user and having much the same issues with EDDB v1.12 on P3Dv3.  Heathrow Extended along and all other P3Dv3 compatible scenery from other developers is working as expected.  I believe EDDB has AFCAD and/or configurator issues; when I manually disable the EDDB AFCAD in the Aerosoft\AFD directory, I finally get the new South Terminal, but still no AI; completely empty.  The older (North) Terminal displays as expected with AI.  The settings in the EDDB configurator are set correctly and the VFR Germany compatibility tool is set to disabled.

To other EDDB users, if you have UTX-EUR, don't forget to go into the UTX-EUR setup tool and disable the "repositioned airport" for EDDB, otherwise you will have more serious AFCAD conflicts than described above.

Am almost certain that I have the same problem - bleed through on both runways and odd elevation/mesh issues around those runways. I've tried various settings in P3D (generally at least what the manual recommends) but to no avail. I have also just been loading in very simple aircraft (the R22).

However I am a UTX-EUR user, and I haven't disabled the repositioned EDDB. So I will try that and report back. If I still can't get it working I'll try to get some screenshots to explain the problem.

• Deputy Sheriffs

I am confused now.  Your compatibility list for P3D V3 now lists EDDB as compatible yet it appears that is not the case.

And what problem exactly do you have?

• Deputy Sheriffs

Scot, 

the answer to your question is already given by Otto in post #2. Until now none of the posters in this topic have confirmed, that the proven workaround worked for them.

That would be the first thing to ask for here. 

Hi Tom

What Otto supplied was a workaround.  My issue is that this software is listed as compatible with P3D V3, which clearly it cannot be if there are workarounds being proposed.

Having already bought and tried to use this software unsuccessfully once before in V2.5 I was surprised to see it listed at P3D V3 compatible.

When I first contacted the developers via their forum they acknowledged that there was a problem with their software not functioning correctly within V2,5 but were confident a fix by the developers (there is more than one involved in this scenery) would be forthcoming but no definitive timescale was given.  To this date there has been no further information on their forum about P3D V2.5 or greater so my surprise is that Aerosoft are advertising this product as V3 compatible.

To quote from the 29 Palms forum

Hi Ken,

we are aware of the problems in P3D v2.5 and above and we're currently planning an updated version of
Berlin compatible with all versions of Prepar3D. I can't give you a time frame yet since there are other
developers involved and we have to coordinate the work. So if you are willing to wait there will be a solution
in the future. Otherwise you can get a refund from Aerosoft via their webshop. But please note that BER as per
the product page is officially not compatible with versions above P3D v2.2.
I'm sorry for the inconvenience and hope that you understand!

Hello,

I'd like to come back to this issue. I have now just updated EDDB to v1.12 and all buildings are gone again (in P3D v3). So as far as I can tell, the update provides no fix whatsoever re the disappearing building issue. Can you please let us know if and what you (and/or the developer) is planning to do about it or if there is a fix already (other than installing the simmershome patch which fixed my problem before installing the update; and which is primarily for the lights (which is supposed to be fixed with the update)).

Edit: Workaround #2 worked for me (loading another airport and then switching to EDDB). 

In other words and to second what ScottecLEMD has said already: EDDB is not P3D v3 compatible. At a minimum it shouldn't be advertised as such luring people into installing it in the false hope it fixes issues with P3D v3 (and v2.5). It took me about 1,5 hours now to solve this incompatibility issue.

Many thanks,

Jan

• 3 weeks later...
  • Deputy Sheriffs

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

Archived