Yoke Fix for DA Cheyenne IIXL (FSX)

nessis

I purchased this product from Aerosoft. I can find the 4.0 update on the site and some links to the digitial aviation site for the yoke fix in the IIXL. Those links are dead and I can't find the file hosted elsewhere.

Is there any way possible for me to receive the yoke fix file?

Hi

I do have a copy of the file and have sent you a PM with the download link for the fix and installation instructions that I have uploaded to the server that holds my repaints as I am not sure of the policy for direct download links.

Jim Hodkinson

Hi Folks,

Long time user of the Cheyenne - what's the yoke fix ?

Just a quick sidebar - anyone else get the crazy rapidly toggling light buttons - and have a fix ?

Thanks...

Regards,

Scott

Hi Scott

The yoke fix for the Piper was that a small part of the yoke of the CIIXL would not move with any yoke inputs, so you would end up with a part of the yoke hanging in mid-air so DA released a new interior model file to update the yoke animation.

As for the switch issue I have to admit that it I have never come across it before, do you have any button / switch commands assigned to the lighting in the Options\Controls menu, it might be worth a look to see if there is a conflict there with the lighting toggles, that is about all I can think of that might be of some help.

Take care.

Jim Hodkinson

Hi Jim,

Ahh - OK - thanks so much for the response...

LOL - the DA Cheyenne is one of the planes that has held my interest the longer than most - it still looks good and flies well... Of course the "Trimble" had to go as I much prefer the RXP GNS...

I'll check my lighting switches - I'm still using FS9 so that might have something to do with it... I'm only moving to FSX now - maybe there are some differences...

Oh - if you don't mind - have you noticed a problem with the autopilot on the II XL ? If you put in a preselected altitude and arm it - the autopilot doesn't capture the altitude - it just deactivate the Alt Arm 500 feet from the desire altitude and you manually have to engage the Alt Hold at the desired... The II doesn't do this and appears to work normally...

You mentioned some paints - are they publicly available ? Seems paints for this gorgeous bird are few and far between... I've looked at the paint kit myself and they didn't make it easy and I'm quite familiar with painting aircraft...

Regards,

Scott

Hi Scott

I have not flown her for a while but I cannot say that I have experienced any AP issues, the things you do need to watch on a climb to a pre-set altitude are that you reset to Barometric Pressure (29.29 hg) when climbing through the transition altitude and that when you reach your pre-set altitude you set you adjust your engines to the cruise setting from the charts, of course if you wanted this to be something of along the lines of a step climb then you just select your next altitude and press ARM and click the pitch rocker to initiate the desired climb rate.

As for repaints I used to do some, usually just requests from a couple of forums I am on, but oddly I can only remember doing one Piper repaint, and that was for myself, and as you mentioned the paintkit is not the best I have ever used but it is far from the worst I have used, from memory it could do with a wire frame outline to define the edges of the model, but it has been some time since I opened it.

I hope something in the above was of some use.

Take care.

Jim Hodkinson

• 1 month later...
On 16/12/2015 at 6:33 PM, hodge001 said:

Hi

I do have a copy of the file and have sent you a PM with the download link for the fix and installation instructions that I have uploaded to the server that holds my repaints as I am not sure of the policy for direct download links.

Jim Hodkinson

Hi hodge001! 

Could you PM me please the Cheyenne IIXL fix and installation instructions !

I would appreciate it a lot

Cheers

• 4 weeks later...

Hi

I have sent you the download link in a PM, I really should have added this to the downloads section as asked but I forgot all about it, in fact I have just tried adding it to the downloads section

but I am (A) not too sure which section it should go in and (B) before I can upload a copy I cannot get passed the “add a screen shot” requirement, which as it is just a zip archive would look a bit odd

Take care.

Jim H

Archived