Alternate Flight Plan Issues

hikariuk

I'm having issues setting an alternate flight plan on any of the A320 series (A318/319/320/321), currently using 1.31 but the problem was there with 1.30 as well (I mostly just ignored it because I seldom need to avail myself of the functionality anyway).

What's happening is I'm loading the primary flight plan without a problem, but when I set the alternate - either by entering the alternate airport and selecting the plan from the list or by loading alternate co route directly - it's overwriting the primary.  The "From/To" value on the INIT page changes to the alternate pair instead of the primary pair and primary plan is gone on the F-PLN page.  However it's also actually loaded the alternate flight plan as an alternate and not a primary, even though it says there's no alternate plan.

Am I doing something stupid or is it just not working properly?

And in the tradition of a picture says a thousand words, I've attached some images.

Please login to display this image.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Looking at your first screenshot: You selected FROM/TO = EGLL/EHAM (LSK1R) and the CO RTE = LFBOEGLL01. This looks already weird because it should be something like EGLLEHAM01........  And as the ALT = EHAM is entered using the F-PLAN EGLLEHAM01...... I believe you made some mi9stakes when entering /selecting your data....... Please have alook into the Vol6 StepbyStep Guide and especially in chpater 9 where the handling is explained in detail.....

Hanse

I was following Volume 6.   I didn't select EGLL/EHAM.  I selected LFBO/EGLL and loaded LFBOEGLL01.  Then I entered /EGLLEHAM01 in to LSK2L; it correctly set the alternate airport to EHAM, but changed FROM/TO to EGLL/EHAM rather than leaving it as LFBO/EGLL.  You can see the result of primary route set in the fourth image (I couldn't figure out how to make the images appear in the correct sequence; it's actually 4, 3, 1, 5, 2, counting down from the top).

And I confirm I have the very same issue.

I thought this was a known bug and was being looked at...

Since we're bringing this subject, there are also some issues deleting discontinuities on the alternate flightplan. It works in the opposite way of the primary f-plan, i.e., you have to use the "erase" message instead of the "insert". And when airborne this discontinuity erase function doesn't work. The only method to erase it is to copy the next waypoint and insert it over the discontinuity text...

If this isn't known territory, perhaps it's best to send some beta tester on a mission to try these functions. Input an city pair already saved as a company route, designate an alternate (INIT A) and see what happens to the waypoints on the FPLN page. And then fly the primary f-plan, go-around at destination and fly to the alternate. Try to input a different runway on the alternate field and clear the discontinuity that is generated by this action. It will became apparent that there are still some incomplete functions on the mcdu.

The whole alternate flight plan thing seems to be still a bit shaky in 1.31, also see my post at http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/102439-altn-destination-flight-plan-screws-up-main-plan/

The Dude said he would look into the alternate plan issues, so let's wait and see what his investigations will bring up.

I can confirm that I have the same issue and have done since I first started using the Airbus, about 2 years ago.  I stopped using the function as I thought it was a known issue that wasn't going to be fixed. 

I can confirm that I have the same issue and have done since I first started using the Airbus, about 2 years ago.  I stopped using the function as I thought it was a known issue that wasn't going to be fixed. 

Well. we'll see. I haven't given up hope yet.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi,

after a little break, i´ve tested this issue with the company routes for flight and alternate. i´ve coupled two from my plans. For routing from EDDS to EDDT i´ve selected my company route STRTXL1, then i´ve selected for the alternate the route TXLWAW1. Both are verry correctly set in the F/PLN Page and all inputs at INIT page are preserved.

I´ve tested varoius methodes / inputs:

EDDS/EDDT at FROM/TO and then selected the showed company route  or direct STRTXL1 at CO RTE and then direct /TXLWAW1 at ALTN/ CO RTE or EPWA at ALTN field, then select the showed RTE TXLWAW1 . The opposite fields are fill out automaticly.

All data are assumed succesfully and in the correctly sequence!

• 7 months later...

Archived