SODE issues

Hi Rob,

Yep...that's the one. I have left v1.2x installed as I still use LIRF which has not yet been recompiled to use the animated jetways in v1.31. I simply disable v1.2x via the dll.exe and xml.exe when I'm not using LIRF. Also remember that you should not have both versions running at the same time. Additionally I use TNCB, HTKJ and UWGG with no problems in v1.31 even though they were compiled using v1.2x or earlier. These don't make use of animated jetways. I use FSX and can't comment on how this will work in P3D. Also not sure about GSX as I don't use that either.

Nick

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was just planning a flight in the Q400 from FSIA to HTKJ, but doesn't look like HTKJ has V3 aware installer so I'll have to hand hold it.

I installed SODE 1.3.1 ... just keep v1.2.1 handy in case I need to swap them out.

Cheers, Rob.

Nick I must have something wrong somewhere because HTKG, TNCB and UWGG def aren't working with 1.31.

Cnf I am correct in having an xml entry for all 3 airports in the xml file within SODE 1.31?

How come LOWS doesn't have an XML entry? Its as if 1.31 doesn't know the other 3 airports are there or they,re not talking to 1.31?

Absolutely no expert on this but struggling so for now I will leave the 2 versions installed and select one or the other.

Cheers James

Hi James,

I was resisting having to do a step by step but here goes.  In order to get those sceneries working in v1.3.1 you need to do the following.  First of all make sure that you work on copies of the dll.xml and exe.xml files so you can easily get them back if you make a mistake.

1 - Disable SODE v1.2.x by going to the following directory, Users\YOURNAME\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX. 

2 - Disabling the SODE animation module.  In the dll.xml file you must comment <Disabled>True</Disabled> in the entry that refers to v1.2x installation.  It is the text block which has the entry <Path>C:\FS\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Sode\SimObjectAnimationModule.dll</Path>.  Do not edit the text block which has the entry <Path>C:\Program Files (x86)\12bPilot\SODE\SimObjectAnimationModule.dll</Path>, this one is for SODE v1.3.1

3 - Disabling SimObjectDisplayEngine.exe.  In the exe.xml file  you must comment <Disabled>True</Disabled> in the entry that refers to v1.2x installation. It is the text block which has the entry <Path>C:\FS\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SODE\SimObjectDisplayEngine.exe</Path>.  Do not edit the text block which has the entry <Path>C:\Program Files (x86)\12bPilot\SODE\SimObjectDisplayEngine.exe</Path>, this one is for SODE v1.3.1

4 - SODE v1.2.x is now disabled.

5 - Copy and paste the files HTKJ_L.xml, TNCB_SODE.xml and UWGG.xml from the folder Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SODE\xml to the folder ProgramData\12bPilot\SODE\xml

6 - Copy and paste the folders (and the files inside) HTKJ, SODE_TNCB, and UWGG from  Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Misc to the folder ProgramData\12bPilot\SimObjects

7 - Enable SODE v1.3.1 via the Platform Manager.

That's all you need to do.  Remember that both versions of SODE should not be run at the same time.  Also remember that with UWGG and HTKJ, using the Tab+S command will have no effect as SODE is not used to control animations, only environmental effects .  This is not the case with TNCB as it is also used to control the PAPI as well as environmental effects.  You will also note that there is an error there, the runways are mixed up when you select Tab+S.  All you need to do there is correct the entries in the TNCB_SODE.xml file.  I can also help you with that if necessary.

Please note that I'm not the developer of either SODE or the sceneries in question, I do not work for Aerosoft or any other related company.  These steps are a description of the actions I have taken to successfully use those sceneries and others in SODE v1.3.1, which I personally think is a great product.

Good luck!!!! I hope this helps you out.

Nick

Nick firstly I much appreciate your time taken to explain.

I have done exactly as you describe except that in my set up the C drive simobjects are under 12bpilot\data\simobjects.

I have changed both 1.31 and 1.20 to TRUE in dll and exe so that when I fire up FSX I am asked to accept or decline both versions.

When I accept 1.31 I get LOWS 100% but for the other 3 I get no runway, taxiway or apron lighting at UWGG and HTKJ and at TNCB I get the lighting but no PAPI,s and with TAB S I get the answer no objects within 12km.

When I activate 1.20 I get no lighting on LOWS but all the lighting works for UWGG and HTKJ and at TNCB I can control the PAPI,s.

Something not right but no worries....I can live with my set up for now and as you say this product has a great future.

Cheers James

Just for the sake of accuracy the following step is partially incorrect in the last file path mentioned.

6 - Copy and paste the folders (and the files inside) HTKJ, SODE_TNCB, and UWGG from  Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Misc to the folder ProgramData\12bPilot\SimObjects

The correct file path should be - ProgramData\12bPilot\SODE\SimObjects

Nick

Thanks Nick. I had a data folder in there for some reason.

Have corrected but still no luck.

Please cnf that in ProgramData\12bPilot\SODE      you have the following 6 items:

cfg - which is empty

Simobjects containing HTKJ, SODE_TNCB, UWGG and LOWS

xml - which for me has 3 xml files inside which are HTKJ_L, UWGG and TNCB_SODE

Simobjectsanimationmodule

Simobjectsdisplayengine

SODEPlatformmanager

Am I missing anything else?

James

Hi James. I think you have some problems with the folders you are looking at. I'm not sure of your skill level regarding the Windows folder structure but those files you mention, such as the SimObjectAnimationModule.dll, SimObjectDisplayEngine.exe and SODEPlatformManager.exe should not be located in the directory ProgramData\12bPilot\SODE. They should be located in the directory Program Files (x86)\12bPilot\SODE. The data folder you spoke of earlier should also be in that directory. This may very well be the reason for all of your problems. In order for this to work you must be very careful and follow the instructions. Perhaps you know someone who is experienced with Windows that can assist you in person using the instructions I've listed previously. Good luck.

Nick

16 hours ago, Kai-Uwe said:

Just saw that in ENSH all textures are black with SODE 1.31. Can anybody confirm this?

Kai

Kai,

I had the same problem with EPWA, the reason was that under C:\ProgramData\12bPilot\SODE\SimObjects\DrzewieckiDesign_EPWA\texture the texture.cfg file was indicating the wrong location (fallback.1=).

Once I corrected it to the real location of my P3Dv3 installation, the black textures were gone.

I don't have ENSH but I guess the reason is the same, locate the texture folders and correct the texture.cfg file.

I hope it will work or you!

Amos

Nick....if you heard a clanking sound yesterday wherever you are in the World that was the sound of "the penny dropping" when I finally realized where I was going wrong.

Yes you are right.... I am not a Windows expert but I have managed to find my way round most FSX issues over the years - this one had me stumped.

Reason was - I had no awareness of the existence of C:\programdata  and therefore whenever I read a comment from you or elsewhere I stupidly assumed it referred to C:\programfiles which is why I had all the SODE files in one location.

Now I get it. Have moved everything around and bingo - I get TNCB, UWGG  and HTKJ working with 1.31!

I purchased LOWL last week which for some reason is still not giving me TAB S options so I need to look into that.

Anyway very much appreciate your patience with me....got there in the end!

James

Can you tell me what is the correct install path in V1.31 for FSX?  Is it program files x86 or the root FSX folder?  I caqnnot get his right and if you view my other post, I have lost the visual display under free flight.

Thanks

Dom

if you are asking about the path you are to install SODE to I would suggest not to use either of the 2. Just use a "new" one just beside the FSX (I use "d:/FSX" for the sim and "d:/Programs/progName" for Addon Programs like ASN, SODE, EFB, ....)

program files (x86) sometime causes problems with the windows securty features as Windows trys to "protect" everything in this path and sometimes blocks the communications between programs in and outside this path

Hi James. Really happy that it's now working for you. I'm not at my PC right now but I'm pretty sure that LOWL only uses SODE for environmental effects. You will therefore not have any options using TAB S.

Nick

Hi Dom. The correct path for v1.3.1 is Program Files (x86). Since v1.3.0 it has changed to that location from the FSX root directory. There will also be files placed in Program Data. During my installation, SODE automatically selected this location. Best of luck.

Nick

Nick yes you are right there is no TAB S for LOWL.

Interestingly when I went back through all my SODE sceneries all were fine except TNCB where TAB S gave the PAPI options (with wrong runway which I have now corrected) but the lights never came on. When I read through the official SODE documentation again it says that I can leave SODE_TNCB in FSX Simobjects misc and a future update will likely remove the file so I copied it back from programdata to FSX simobjects misc and the PAPI,s worked.

When I deleted the file again (so that I only had SODE_TNCB in programdata simobjects ) the PAPI,s again didn't work so I have left the file duplicated in FSX simobjects misc.

Any ideas why?

James

Hi James. Did you copy the .xml file as well. You must copy both the folder from Simobjects and the .xml file from the SODE directory. Anyway, there is a new installer from AS which has SODE v1.3 compatability. Best of luck.

Nick

Now I had an issue at LEVC and uninstalled SODE, then I don't have any AES service working in all other airports I have . Anyone knows why? Thank you

Francesco

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, gate 4 gives this error to me as well, it needs being looked into. I am also wondering if the lack of a visual docking system reflects reality or it's only that the developers did not know how to make it in P3D...

19 hours ago, data63 said:

Sorry, I don't get You - what has SODE in DD Warsaw to do with Valencia being "useless" ??

Valencia isn't useless, just gate 4. Tried gate 1 and it worked perfectly. 

Having said that, I AM having sode Issues. Jetways dissappear at all airports. I have to click on "reload all" on the SODE menu to get them to appear again. 

Sadly I'm not a developer and I can't get out this situation. I have "SODE" (i say "SADE") :blink:  airports with jetways showing but no AES service available, and also I have airports without jetways and of course no AES service too. I spent lot of money for that, and now spend lot of time to make it working fine. Looking for a "brick in the wall" !! please HELP! :o

Archived