Svolvaer lack of airport

Krupsion

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My problem has been fixed. I now have full scenery. Only minor problem is with elevation - when panning in external camera mode, the camera sinks below ground level, about 10 feet. Scenery and aircraft are not affected though and appear, interact correctly.

Thanks again to Tom and the development team in responding to this so quickly.

Cheers.

• Deputy Sheriffs
1 hour ago, tritonus said:

On my system with FSX the scenery disapears when the time is not set to night, wich is a shame since the surroundings look very promising, just they are so dark :-/

Just to get a better idea of your system:

• have you installed the scenery as administrator?
  • does it make any difference if you select any other texture resolution in the configurator?
  • have you tried a complete re-install?

As it works for you at night I don't see a connection to SODE (as the other problems in this topic) but it looks more like a problem with the textures.

I can confirm everything is a OK now. a/c at proper elevation.

It was a faulty elevation file in "World" folder. Leftovers from AtoN scenery.

Name of the file: ensh_apx_ALT.bgl

Sorry for the trouble guys.

Hopefully that will be useful to others.

That scenery works very well in FSX, P3Dv2.5 and 3.0. Tested it myself.

Pierre

note: just saw your reply Tom. Tks for the support. All is a OK now

A big thumbs up for your support

Please login to display this image.

• Deputy Sheriffs
10 minutes ago, Hazmat007 said:

Only minor problem is with elevation - when panning in external camera mode, the camera sinks below ground level, about 10 feet. Scenery and aircraft are not affected though and appear, interact correctly.

That is because of the sloped runway. It's the same reason why AI traffic would not work there are well. 

38 minutes ago, Tom A320 said:

That is because of the sloped runway. It's the same reason why AI traffic would not work there are well. 

I think I will get this airport for the sloped runway alone, wonder if that's a first in the FS history? At least I haven't heard about that before, very cool!! 

vor 35 Minuten, Tom A320 sagte:

Just to get a better idea of your system:

• have you installed the scenery as administrator?
  • does it make any difference if you select any other texture resolution in the configurator?
  • have you tried a complete re-install?

As it works for you at night I don't see a connection to SODE (as the other problems in this topic) but it looks more like a problem with the textures.

Hi Tom,

I installed it as admin both with the original and the revised installer - without a difference. Texture resolution did not make any difference either. Strangely it works with dawn, dusk and night but not with day textures. I have not had a problem like that with other scenery, AoN is disabled in the library and the ENSH files connected to AoN are set to .off to make sure there are no conflicts.

I have SODE1.3, FTX Global and Norway installed and set in the ENSH Configurator that Jo provided for SODE 1.3 

Best regards
Tim

I just purchased this last night and also getting no airport just blurred runway.

Guess i should have done some more research before buying as i was expecting it to just work. and most of the stuff being talked about on here means nothing to me as someone fairly new to Prepare3d 

Have just read through the whole thread here again, and i can see my SODE (i even think i know what this is now) is not running) if trying to run it manually from the folder i get an error about its side-by-side configuration is incorrect.

Any idea how to fix this? i assume that is the problem

• Developer
vor 2 Stunden , MSH sagte:

I just purchased this last night and also getting no airport just blurred runway.

Guess i should have done some more research before buying as i was expecting it to just work. and most of the stuff being talked about on here means nothing to me as someone fairly new to Prepare3d 

Have just read through the whole thread here again, and i can see my SODE (i even think i know what this is now) is not running) if trying to run it manually from the folder i get an error about its side-by-side configuration is incorrect.

Any idea how to fix this? i assume that is the problem

Hi,

Prepar3D v3 does not install legacy SimConnect versions automatically anymore. For SODE (and many other SimConnect modules), you need the FSX SP2 SimConnect version which will be installed into your side-by-side (SxS) folder (that's why you're getting the error, no SimConnect installed).

Luckily, Prepar3Dv3 does ship with all legacy SimConnect versions, however a little bit hidden: <InstallDrive>\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\redist\Interface\FSX-SP2-XPACK\retail\lib would be the correct path in this case. Just run the installer and SODE should then be able to find SimConnect.

Anyone having problems with A2A Comanche 250 and Svolvaer? On takeoff, around the midle of the runway the plane will just bounce around. Same with landings. Almost like its going through the tarmac. Not having the same problems with other aircrafts.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hello colabox, 

I don't have the answer to your question, but I would suggest that you open your own topic for this problem.

This topic is about problems with not having the scenery available at all. You have the scenery, but have a problem with it. 

It makes sense to separate these things, as they have nothing to do with each other. 

Hello I have the same problem, but I think that I have it because I install the SODE 1.30 and after that I bought the AS Svolvaer and no airport just an floating aircraft over the ground:angry:! Any suggestions! 

Thank you very much in advance

I wish you all a merry Christmas!!!:D

Daniel 

Correct, SODE is unfortunatly not cross compatible, so if an airport was designed for SODE 1.2 (which currently all airports are if I'm not mistaken) then it won't work with 1.3 until the developers update it for 1.3 usage.

Ok maybe my solution is uninstall the SODE 1.30 and install again the version 1.21! I have check the SODE site but they have only the new one available for download! Any suggestions to go back to 1.21?  

My other question is if I uninstall SODE 1.30 and AS Svolvaer after that again installing just the Svolvaer scenery should be installing the SODE 1.21 by itself, is it right? For sure just if the SODE 1.21 is included in the installer file!? 

Merry Christmas!!

Best regards 

Daniel 

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hi Daniel, 

yes,  uninstallimg SODE v1.30 and installing ENSH again should give you SODE v1.21 back. 

Merry Christmas to you too. 

Tom. 

:banghead1_s:Hello folks, just information for solving the problem just I did and it works fine for me!^_^

First step uninstall the SODE by using Addon manager,

Step 2, after that go the root folder of fsx and delete the SODE folder.

Step 3, in the Fsx root folder go to the Simobject/Misc folder and delete the SODE folder.

Step 4, go to the C:users/username/appdata/roaming/microsoft/fsx folder and delete the SODE entries in the file "dll.xml" and in the "exe.xml".

Step 5, uninstall all sceneries that uses SODE.

Step 6 and last one, install all sceneries again!

This is for me definitely the best way to solve the problem with airports using SODE and it starts to show error messages or when the scenery don't look like it should be, or for those that install the new SODE 1.30 by downloading and do it manually for example me!:cheer up_s:

I hope my step for step was clear enough! 

I wish you all a merry Christmas!

Kind regards 

Daniel 

• 1 month later...
  • Deputy Sheriffs

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

Archived