Engines constantly smoking after start

SimonJones

Hi all,

I'm really enjoying this aircraft and the documentation is excellent. I have completed a few short haul European flights and am comfortable and confident with it after only 2 weeks.

However I have one small graphical glitch - After engine start, either from cold or from panel state 'ready for pushback and start', I get black smoke from each engine, which rises vertically, and never goes away. In flight this black smoke trails behind the aircraft like a contrail, however it is thick black smoke and not a contrail.

My start procedure from panel state 'ready for pushback and start' is:
- select START A or START B
- start engine
- engage fuel at N2=20%
- after both engine start, disable start switch and select Crank

smoke starts immediately at engaging fuel.

This is a very minor graphics issue and isn't affecting my enjoyment of the aircraft, but I would love to be able to fix it!

I am running in DX10 preview mode with manual DX10 fixes from Steve's blog. I am also running ASNext and have no other graphic glitches in the sim.

Could it be engine start smoke that isn't disappearing? If this is the case is there anything I can do to disable it?

Many thanks.

• 6 months later...

Hi Simon,

I'm having a very similar issue. Only difference is when I switch the cockpit lighting on, I get the smoke from the engines. I see no one replied to your post. Did you ever get it fixed?

Thanks

Gareth

Archived