A321 Fuel flow

iforrage

22 hours ago, iforrage said:

Thanks for linking your topic to mine, maybe we can get some answers together.  The only thing I can add for now, is that I noticed in the [turbineenginedata] section of the cfg, the values for rated_N2_rpm are way high, almost double the real world values for each engine type.  I've been going through and changing them, but I don't know if this has any effect on fuel flow.  I'll report back after I do another flight with the adjusted settings.

And I don't think the N2 rpm is an issue as all the aerosoft buses share this value.

• 1 month later...
On 3/27/2016 at 9:05 AM, Andy320 said:

And I don't think the N2 rpm is an issue as all the aerosoft buses share this value.

I guess you're right.  Although I've had this issue with all of them, changing this to the correct values didn't work.  Haha on the disappearing.  I just find it unenjoyable to keep flying this thing with this issue.  Just tried another one now and same results.  Should have landed with ~3800 kg, instead I had 600kg remaining.  Seems to me the issue is the climb, that's where I'm losing most of it.

Of course, I didn't have this issue with V1.30 and of course, I deleted that installer when I downloaded 1.31....   ugh.

MCO_CLT011.pdf

Please login to display this image.

• Deputy Sheriffs
4 hours ago, Andy320 said:

Be prepared to see this issue in SP4 as aerosoft refuse to reply with anything reassuring regarding this issue. 

We know it can be frustrating when one is having a problem and nobody seems to answer. 

Making false assumptions here does not help and does not reflect  the current status of SP4. 

The whole A320 betateam is concentrating on the A330 now. As the A330 will have a lot of updated code that will also make its way into SP4 there is not much specific A320 bugfinding/fixing going on at the moment. That does not mean that we ignore issues. 

I can tell you that fuelplanning and  fuelflow is a big topic for a longhaul aircraft like the A330. With our all new fuel prediction page, and wind calculations, related problems ofcourse popped up now and then and are being corrected for. 

I want to thank everyone for bringing up this issue and you can be sure we do take notice. 

7 hours ago, The Dude said:

I want to thank everyone for bringing up this issue and you can be sure we do take notice. 

Thanks for the reply The Dude, I understand now.

On 10 February 2016 at 2:50 PM, Andy320 said:

Iforrage I have the same issue as you but with the A318 and the total opposite as you with the A321 where I tend to land with 2-3 tons extra fuel flying flights 4 to 4.5hrs, I think there is an issue flying mid-haul and long haul flights with the busses, iv only made a complaint about the a318 as I tend to always run out of fuel which is a far greater and annoying problem. Have a look at this post.

Also I would really appreciate it if someone could repeat my EINN-KJFK flight and let me know how they did with fuel burn so that I can try to figure out what variables may be causing fuel burn issues beyond the norm. I'm so tempted to fly all the busses across the pond with zero wind and 32 pax to see if there is a pattern with the predicted landing fuel from the fuel planner and the actual landing fuel on the upper ECAM. 

I must correct this, I do not have an issue with fuel planning when using Simbrief on the A321, it's just that the aerosoft fuel planner gives you a couple of tonnes more (not a bad thing) on very long flights but I have corrected this, nowadays I don't use the aerosoft fuel planner anymore as I use Simbrief for my flight planning.

On 5/16/2016 at 11:16 PM, The Dude said:

We know it can be frustrating when one is having a problem and nobody seems to answer. 

Making false assumptions here does not help and does not reflect  the current status of SP4. 

The whole A320 betateam is concentrating on the A330 now. As the A330 will have a lot of updated code that will also make its way into SP4 there is not much specific A320 bugfinding/fixing going on at the moment. That does not mean that we ignore issues. 

I can tell you that fuelplanning and  fuelflow is a big topic for a longhaul aircraft like the A330. With our all new fuel prediction page, and wind calculations, related problems ofcourse popped up now and then and are being corrected for. 

That's great news, Frank!  Thanks for all your help thus far.  Any chance, in the meantime, I can be directed to a copy of the installer for 1.30?  Like I said, this wasn't an issue pre v1.31, and I have PIREPs to prove it! TIA. ;)

Well, I can now confirm that this is only an issue with the CFM engines.  I reproduced the above flight with the IAE model A321, and the results were pretty much spot on.  If there is a difference in fuel consumption between the IAE and CFM, I think the AS fuel planner should be programmed to handle both separately.  Although, using PFPX with the proper profiles should have gotten me pretty close, so I still assume the real problem to be with the CFM model itself.  Like I mentioned in a previous post, the biggest discrepancy is on the climb out, whereas the CFM model ate through about 3500kg, the IAE only used about 1500kg.  I still kept losing through the cruise with the CFM, but not as aggressively.  I actually used less than planned for cruise with the IAE.  Don't know what the issue could be, but I sure hope someone figures it out!  Thanks for listening. :D

Anyways, I added extra fuel to PFPX to make sure I didn't go dry in flight, so I landed with a pretty good amount, but the OFP still shows the numbers to be just about right on.  Also the AS Fuel planner seems to be spot on with the calculations for the IAE model, as well, although, again, I added to make sure I didn't run out.

AA1772 AAL1772 KMCO-KCLT (20 May 2016) #1_COMPLETE.pdf

• 7 months later...

So, a bit of a new development.  I flew a flight in the A320 with CFM engines the other day, and I only changed one thing.  I did NOT use the fuel crossfeed, and my fuel calculations and consumption were spot on.  Now, this was a check ride for a VA, so there was no weather, but I wanted to mention it so it could be looked at.  I will try to do another flight soon under normal conditions, so I can keep a log, and see if this is still the case.

Archived